GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aristo swapped guys (2JZ-GTE VVTi) hows your highway driving?***UPDATE***

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-17, 04:30 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Talking Aristo swapped guys (2JZ-GTE VVTi) hows your highway driving?***UPDATE***

Swapped guys, hows your highway driving experience? I know losing the extra gear will keep the rpms a bit higher, but whats your top speed like?
Old 11-29-17, 05:42 PM
Letsride

Yes...you lose a gear by using the aristo trans....its a 4spd vs the vs 5spd
Old 11-30-17, 04:59 PM
Letsride

Kitabel are there any mods that can be done to the 340? I know heat is the enemy....but any mods to be done to it?
Old 12-01-17, 07:21 AM
KyleH
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 104 Posts

I installed a transmission cooler on my Aristo swap to keep heat down. I don’t have any temp sensor on there to monitor but nor am I concerned as I am at stock HP levels and don’t race the car. I’d recommend doing this as a minimal precaution. If you’re going for high hp levels there are builders that can build the transmission to handle the power.

With regard to the first gear ratio - definitely noticeable! However, a little brake boost will get you off the line with plenty enough power to leave a black stripe or two. And at least with the twins the car stays in power band through the shifts/rpm drops.
Old 12-01-17, 11:40 AM
LexLova
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Letsride
Kitabel are there any mods that can be done to the 340? I know heat is the enemy....but any mods to be done to it?
transgo shift kit
Old 12-01-17, 01:51 PM
Letsride

Is anyone running the transgo reprogramming kit? And is it necessary to do other upgrades like clutches etc or is the kit useful by itself?
Old 12-07-17, 01:46 PM
Letsride

Anyone....?
Old 12-07-17, 03:19 PM
LexLova
Intermediate

Anyone....?
Gotta check lextreme.com supraforums.com / Supraforums.au , they have all the info.

The kit kit works well tho , installing mines soon . I've done months of research and read almost every thread on it , in relation. To Toyotas (chasers tacomas, supras , land cruisers , Aristos soarers etc)
Old 12-08-17, 02:09 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

It should be required to get an extra trans cooler if you wanna do anything but daily drive it after the swap. Next would be a shift kit/valve body modification which just raises the line pressure and tells the clutches to grab harder and faster, aka less clutch burn, heat and wear and tear. Those two things alone should be very safe for say, 425hp. If you wanna go higher than that, you need to start looking into a rebuild with upgraded clutches and sprag, the sky is the limit at this point, just open your wallet and call any reputable shop.
Old 12-08-17, 05:02 PM
Letsride

Well my plans are not to make this an all out racecar.....(LOL....but they all end up that way). I already planned to get an additional trans cooler and was also wondering if one with an additional fan may be better suited to this trans. I am trying to get all my ducks in a row before I pull the car apart.....so things like cooler size and location is what im researching now.

I think I will go ahead and get the Transgo rep kit and do that now before putting the trans into the car and then trying to do it then. I just did not want to do the kit and then find out I need to do additional stuff when its in the car.

Thanks for all the replies so far guys....keep the recommendations coming!
Old 01-02-18, 08:24 AM
Letsride

So after purchasing the Transgo HD2 kit, I started comparing the Type 4 VB to whats in the Aristo trans and they are completely different. So...I decided to call Transgo and chat with their technical department. They advised *NOT* using this kit in the transmission because they have no idea how it will perform. They do see the similarities in the valve bodies but they also see the differences.

I have attached a pic of the Aristo VB for refference.....

So just a little FYI.
Old 01-02-18, 04:32 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

props to you for posting that. im sure it will help someone down the road looking to do that mod.
Old 01-02-18, 07:01 PM
LexLova
Intermediate

So after purchasing the Transgo HD2 kit, I started comparing the Type 4 VB to whats in the Aristo trans and they are completely different. So...I decided to call Transgo and chat with their technical department. They advised *NOT* using this kit in the transmission because they have no idea how it will perform. They do see the similarities in the valve bodies but they also see the differences.

I have attached a pic of the Aristo VB for refference.....

So just a little FYI.
Wait , don't you have an A340e 4spd??? What's a type 4 ?
Old 01-02-18, 07:12 PM
Letsride

Originally Posted by LexLova
Wait , don't you have an A340e 4spd??? What's a type 4 ?
Yes I do. Transgo classifies the valve bodies into 4 types. The Type 4 is closest to what the Aristo trans is but it's not the same.
Old 01-02-18, 09:07 PM
LexLova
Intermediate

Yes I do. Transgo classifies the valve bodies into 4 types. The Type 4 is closest to what the Aristo trans is but it's not the same.
Many have done this successfully, do more research !!!!https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/653783-anyone-ever-use-the-transgo-340-hd2-shift-kit-just-bought-one-going-to-install.html

Last edited by LexLova; 01-02-18 at 09:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Aristo swapped guys (2JZ-GTE VVTi) hows your highway driving?***UPDATE***