GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help with very weird issue.

Old 11-06-17, 10:29 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help with very weird issue.

So i parked my car for 5 days to go Mir for imports for domestic this weekend. I came back to my car which was in great working condition before no issues. I went to eat breakfast no biggie. I come back out to my car. Start up car and try to lower my passenger side window with my master switch than nothing... I than notice my dash lights are very very faint. I also notice the only switch on the driver door that works is my driver side window. I also notice my rear view mirror swtich also doesn't work. Furthermore i cant lock my doors either. My steering wheel also doesnt move when i put the key in the ignition. The passenger door will put the windows down on that side . My key on my remote will lock and unlock the car without any issues . I checked the fuses and didnt see anything blown by the kick panel. I took the positive terminal off the battery and put it back on and it fixed the issue for about 5 minutes than nothing again. WTF.? . My seat belt light also is flashing on the dash but my seat belt is fastened ....ANYONE?

Update Battery and alt are new i had them checked. Seems very intermittent. I went to auto zone and had them checked. Its weird how went I unhook the terminals it works for 5 mins and stops. Before i got out of the car i tried putting the pass side windows down and locking the car and it worked again.?

Last edited by dreamcar88; 11-06-17 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-06-17, 10:46 AM
ZanderZ32
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Get the battery load tested.
Old 11-06-17, 11:52 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ZanderZ32
Get the battery load tested.

just had them both checked. Perfect. The problem seems intermittent. Before i shut the car off on the way home i tried the windows and locks now it works. In the parking lot at auto zone it didnt work. Checked every single fuse ..
Old 11-06-17, 01:26 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 843 Likes on 638 Posts

Ground strap corroded?
Old 11-06-17, 02:26 PM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

im starting to think its the bcm with issues. Now my gas gauge is low but its blinking. My interior lights dont work unless i move it to the on position. My coolant gauge just randomly freaked out. Seems like anything in the normal startup mode doesnt work. My temp gauge on the dash has marks next to it. My airbag light and seatbelt light are on now as well. The positive terminal even tightened down is so loose i can grab it off the post. Ill try with a new terminal end and go from there. Are these ecus known to fail?. Car only has 140k. Showed 0 signs of issues till randomly

Last edited by dreamcar88; 11-07-17 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-09-17, 06:44 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

welp not getting any better. Tried starting the car yesterday and the battery was dead. I charged the battery and it starts but everything is still funky. No interior lights and the same issues. I might have to take it to the dealer which ive never had to do. Im thinking tech stream can tell me if i have a bad bcm or ecu. Hopefully i can just have them tell me which one and replace it with a used one on my own =(
Old 11-09-17, 04:45 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Did you make sure to replace the bad battery terminal? It is crucial to have good connections and free of corrosion. also visually inspect your batteries cables for any signs of melting from being too close to the exhaust manifold. Usually electrical issues like that are voltage or ground related. If the drivers door ecu was bad than taking the cables off and reattaching wouldn't FIX it. Thats why I'm thinking it a connection issue. Or corrosion somewhere. Yes using a capable scan tool to communicate with all the modules would really help. Make sure the battery is actually good by having it tested with a legit battery tester. not a parts store tester. It needs load test, and impedance test.
Old 11-10-17, 08:23 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Had the battery checked for the 5th time and its showing good every time. Im having a local friend who works at toyota use techstream. Im 100% sure its a body control issue. Ill keep you guys posted. I just hope i can find the parts used for cheap lol.