GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Best place to find 2nd gen GS parts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-17, 06:17 PM
RallyVT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best place to find 2nd gen GS parts?

So I just bought an 01 GS300 and have, after addressing a few minor gremlins, started looking around for aftermarket parts. I've found a few things here and there, but nothing much. My last car had a pretty good size following (for a niche car) with a few websites dedicated solely to it, both aesthetic and performance parts. I was wondering if there is anything like that for our cars? I know these are old vehicles, and they aren't as big of a market anymore, but surely there's still somewhere that has a variety of parts in one spot? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 😊
Old 10-03-17, 07:48 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As stated previously, our members do post a lot of parts for sales in the 2Gen GS430 / 400/ 300 Classifieds (98-05) section.

You can never go wrong with buying from our own automotive online community especially great if they are local.
Old 10-04-17, 05:52 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

We used to have one called L-tuned, but it died off though. Parts are still available for the car but you have to look in different places, no one stop shops for you. At this point, you kinda have to know what modification you want then look for it as opposed to having a website to browse and look for ideas of stuff to buy. New stuff is still being developed.

Serialnine for suspension and body kits
Figs Engineering for suspension stuff
Autofashion can and other vendors can get you jdm kits
Several companies still produce big brake kits for the car
Several companies still make coilovers
I just bought a brand new rear bumper from version select a few months ago (and that kit is a few years old)
The member classified section has slowed down the last few years but stuff still pops up on there
Old 10-04-17, 06:30 PM
Kwoteman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome

Originally Posted by RallyVT
So I just bought an 01 GS300 and have, after addressing a few minor gremlins, started looking around for aftermarket parts. I've found a few things here and there, but nothing much. My last car had a pretty good size following (for a niche car) with a few websites dedicated solely to it, both aesthetic and performance parts. I was wondering if there is anything like that for our cars? I know these are old vehicles, and they aren't as big of a market anymore, but surely there's still somewhere that has a variety of parts in one spot? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 😊
lcome

Welcome to the family. I too have a 01 gs3. I've been putting most of my time and funds into my p\u and bike. Now I want to do a few things to my baby. I look foward to seeing some pics