GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Gs300 manual swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-17, 02:03 PM
Jorge415
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gs300 manual swap

So I'm looking into doing a 5 speed swap on my 2nd gen gs300 but I don't want to do the gte swap as it will be pretty expensive, I just want to do it on the stock 2jzge. So I was wondering if the sc300 manual transmission would work as it also comes with a 2j. I've seen the other threads but I haven't really gotten a clear answer so if someone knows that'd be great.
Old 06-07-17, 04:07 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Originally Posted by Jorge415
So I'm looking into doing a 5 speed swap on my 2nd gen gs300 but I don't want to do the gte swap as it will be pretty expensive, I just want to do it on the stock 2jzge. So I was wondering if the sc300 manual transmission would work as it also comes with a 2j. I've seen the other threads but I haven't really gotten a clear answer so if someone knows that'd be great.
Yes this will work all you have to do is add Clutch Pedal and make the driveshaft to fit......
Old 06-07-17, 05:13 PM
AkumaUCF10
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K3nnydie
Yes this will work all you have to do is add Clutch Pedal and make the driveshaft to fit......
You gotta do quite a bit more than that...

So seeing as I just manual swapped mine (did a CD009 with a collins kit tho) I can tell you that SC300 pedal and mx73 pedals will work but you have to delete the kick e brake and cut down the bracket for the ABS relay box to get the pedal to fit. I am currently running the mx 73 pedal. The flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, throwout, pilot bushing for an SC 300 will work on your engine. Additionally the Bell housing is the same bolt pattern so you can just "bolt up" the transmission. Here's where it gets tricky... The SC300 transmission has an elongated "tripod" shifter which will be too long for it to line up with the factory hole for the auto shifter. Mine lines up because it has an adapter short shifter, you will need to look into this and see what other ppl are running or doing (aka cutting a new hole or deleting the tripod shifter or ?). The next major issue is with the transmission electronics. The trans is going to freak out because it doesn't know whats going on, in other words it will not be getting the inputs it needs. The best way to solve this issue is to remove all of the solenoids from the stock trans and hook them all up to the harness. I literally have mine sitting in a plastic bag all hooked up and off to the side. You will also need to remove the neutral safety switch or "range switch" from the trans, leave it hooked up and set to park otherwise your car WILL NOT START. You can also bypass the wiring here rather than have the switch hooked up, both yield the same result.
The following 3 users liked this post by AkumaUCF10:
ALB3 (07-21-20), ksultan78 (06-07-17), shoneeko (07-22-17)
Old 09-29-17, 09:41 PM
Leja145
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AkumaUCF10

So seeing as I just manual swapped mine (did a CD009 with a collins kit tho) I can tell you that SC300 pedal and mx73 pedals will work but you have to delete the kick e brake and cut down the bracket for the ABS relay box to get the pedal to fit. I am currently running the mx 73 pedal. The flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, throwout, pilot bushing for an SC 300 will work on your engine. Additionally the Bell housing is the same bolt pattern so you can just "bolt up" the transmission. Here's where it gets tricky... The SC300 transmission has an elongated "tripod" shifter which will be too long for it to line up with the factory hole for the auto shifter. Mine lines up because it has an adapter short shifter, you will need to look into this and see what other ppl are running or doing (aka cutting a new hole or deleting the tripod shifter or ?). The next major issue is with the transmission electronics. The trans is going to freak out because it doesn't know whats going on, in other words it will not be getting the inputs it needs. The best way to solve this issue is to remove all of the solenoids from the stock trans and hook them all up to the harness. I literally have mine sitting in a plastic bag all hooked up and off to the side. You will also need to remove the neutral safety switch or "range switch" from the trans, leave it hooked up and set to park otherwise your car WILL NOT START. You can also bypass the wiring here rather than have the switch hooked up, both yield the same result.
Do you have a wiring diagram as to which wires you should hook up to bypass the electronics?
Old 12-20-17, 12:59 PM
AkumaUCF10
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leja145
Do you have a wiring diagram as to which wires you should hook up to bypass the electronics?
I don't but I'm sure if you searched its been covered on here tons of times before, you will need to buy an a/t emulator and install it. Its not just hooking up wires
Old 08-22-19, 10:24 PM
mike2jz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AkumaUCF10

Hey do you have pic of the shifter boot after you swap it?