GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

gs430 2004 Audio Wiring Diagram

Old 04-25-17, 01:53 PM
taildraggr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gs430 2004 Audio Wiring Diagram

Hi there guys, I have a Lexus GS 430 2004 with Mark Levinson audio/no satnav (amp has popped so no sound currently) so looking to put in a whole system with double din headunit, new 4 channel amp for new speakers, and a seperate amp to power 10 inch replacement subwoofer. I know what gear I want to run, problem is I am struggling to find the right wiring diagram for the wiring loom in the trunk that did go to the original Mark Levinson amp (as well as head unit connections)
I am a bit confused as I have checked several diagrams and searched for hours and they appear different, and I have also paid a small fee to check the Lexus technical archives, but they did not appear to have them at all.
I want to make sure I have the correct one as I am looking to rewire the connections to put into the aftermarket amp and headunit as there does not appear to be any wiring loom harness adaptors available in the U.K. If anyone is able to clarify this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

I was also told that there are no double din headunit fascia plates that fit but my searches have turned up four different models as follows
CT24XL14
CT24XL07
CT24XL06
Metra 95-182
Some of them are listed as fitting GS models 1998-2003 so I'm not sure why they would not fit the 04 model as I doubt they changed this part of the interior in its final year?
Again if anyone is able to inform me which one would be best fit it would be very helpful as I'm looking to get this all done asap
Many thanks
Old 05-03-17, 01:46 AM
robertoyou
Advanced

Originally Posted by taildraggr
Hi there guys, I have a Lexus GS 430 2004 with Mark Levinson audio/no satnav (amp has popped so no sound currently) so looking to put in a whole system with double din headunit, new 4 channel amp for new speakers, and a seperate amp to power 10 inch replacement subwoofer. I know what gear I want to run, problem is I am struggling to find the right wiring diagram for the wiring loom in the trunk that did go to the original Mark Levinson amp (as well as head unit connections)
I am a bit confused as I have checked several diagrams and searched for hours and they appear different, and I have also paid a small fee to check the Lexus technical archives, but they did not appear to have them at all.
I want to make sure I have the correct one as I am looking to rewire the connections to put into the aftermarket amp and headunit as there does not appear to be any wiring loom harness adaptors available in the U.K. If anyone is able to clarify this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

I was also told that there are no double din headunit fascia plates that fit but my searches have turned up four different models as follows
CT24XL14
CT24XL07
CT24XL06
Metra 95-182
Some of them are listed as fitting GS models 1998-2003 so I'm not sure why they would not fit the 04 model as I doubt they changed this part of the interior in its final year?
Again if anyone is able to inform me which one would be best fit it would be very helpful as I'm looking to get this all done asap
Many thanks
I installed an entire system in my car. I have the GS300 however and no ML system or amp. I am very familiar with the wiring in the car though. Unless you're trying to tap into the factory speakers, you don't really need the original wiring harness. All you need is a ground and power write. As far as a remote wire, you can find another one. You can tap into the cigarette lighter for that one.

I'm not positive since my car doesn't have the ML system, BUT, I'm pretty sure the back of the nav unit also has all the audio wires on a harness. You can test this by pulling out the nav, having the radio play and unplug one harness at a time until sound goes out. then you'll know that the particular harness you just pulled out, had some audio wires connected to it.
But if you just want a compete new system as you mentioned in your OP, then you don't need the stock wiring/harness
Old 05-03-17, 11:13 AM
taildraggr
Driver School Candidate

That is good advice, thanks a lot. I was just curious in case there was a simpler way of adapting wiring looms. So I am assuming that you ran new speaker wires and everything throughout your car instead of cutting and splicing the stock radio and amp connections to fit the new audio equipment?
Old 05-03-17, 04:30 PM
JoshDray
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taildraggr
That is good advice, thanks a lot. I was just curious in case there was a simpler way of adapting wiring looms. So I am assuming that you ran new speaker wires and everything throughout your car instead of cutting and splicing the stock radio and amp connections to fit the new audio equipment?
I plan on doing the same in the future. Way I was going to go about it was use factory loom for power, switching and earth. Then run my own RCA outputs to the amp, along with a remote wire. Then run my own speaker wires to the speakers in the doors as I want to do it all new. Makes it all simple and so you know exactly how it all works.