GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aristo Swap Does Not What To Run

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-17, 02:11 PM
THERCGUY82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default swap

where are you located?
Old 04-01-17, 02:13 PM
THERCGUY82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default swap

Originally Posted by K3nnydie
anyone wants to help
where are you located?
Old 04-02-17, 08:32 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
ok! next question. have you figured out what size the factory 2jzgte intake pipe is that holds the mass air flow sensor? if your three in pipe you have now is larger than factory it will throw off the fuel demands for the engine. even the slightest big larger than stock or smaller changes the fuel trims drastically.
I think its also 3" factory rubber pipe
Old 04-02-17, 08:33 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Originally Posted by THERCGUY82
where are you located?
Mississippi at the moment
Old 04-02-17, 08:37 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Originally Posted by daddyduke
hey man imma take a shot at this and say its the fuel dampers try to delete them or check to see it i put them in right easy fix
were is the fuel damper located ?
Old 04-02-17, 09:24 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Originally Posted by GS400V8
Don't know much about these swaps but I'll post some quick findings from other problems:

- Timing was off. He spun the crank by hand and noticed one of the cams was wobbling and skipping a tooth every other turn.
- Solved it by doing the 12v fuel pump mod. Apparently the fuel pump ECU wasn't communicating correctly and that fixed it.
- The signal wire to a fuel pump was no good so he ran a accessory power line to it
- Was "missing the igniter cable from the Ik1 orange body plug pin 8 black cable that goes to the igniter and got spark to the coils and fuel to the engine"
- Ground issue to the engine block, diagnosed it by running a jumper wire from the battery ground to engine block
- Jumped pins fp and b+ in the diagnostic box and turned the key to the on position to see if the fuel pump primes. IF it does then jump starter relay pins 3 and 5 to see if it starts
- Jumpered clutch start switch, another jumped neutral safety switch (manual problems)
- Too large of a intake pipe where the MAF sits, from member TURBO819 on here
- Check all cam/crank sensors
- Verified ECU was not immobilizer one
- Problem with grounding on igniter and resistor pack
- Blocked Idle Air Control valve

Here is a diagram on this thread of ECU pinouts. Someone's ground to the fuel injectors were disconnected, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...n-t-start.html

Another diagram thread: http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...aristo-2jz-gte
Thanks I will Check all this
Old 04-02-17, 09:31 PM
GS400V8
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

No problem! I'm not 100% sure but I think he is talking about "fuel dampers" as in the circuitry that dims the voltage to 5v or 9v for the fuel pump when not on full throttle. A lot of swap guys were only getting 1.5volts for some reason due to the ECU communication and did the 12 volt mod. One guy did it correctly though eventually and got the proper fuel pump ECU which was from an Aristo I believe without having to do the 12 volt mod
Old 04-02-17, 09:41 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

No problem! I'm not 100% sure but I think he is talking about "fuel dampers" as in the circuitry that dims the voltage to 5v or 9v for the fuel pump when not on full throttle. A lot of swap guys were only getting 1.5volts for some reason due to the ECU communication and did the 12 volt mod. One guy did it correctly though eventually and got the proper fuel pump ECU which was from an Aristo I believe without having to do the 12 volt mod
I did the 12v Fuel Pump Mod because the fuel pump only kicks on when it cranks.. I was told the fuel pump ECU was the same one we have here on the US Model as the JDM Model . Are maybe Not The Same FP ECU
Old 04-11-17, 10:05 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Can Clogged injectors cause my car Not To Start?
Old 04-11-17, 10:16 PM
GS400V8
Intermediate

Not that I've never been wrong but I think clogged injectors would definitely be at the bottom of the list so I would say that probably isn't it. I would pay attention to wiring, it sounds like an electrical issue
Old 04-12-17, 12:43 AM
808lexusgs
Driver School Candidate

Same problem and symptoms I had when I did my swap. The ecu I got with the motor was bad. I had already ordered one on eBay thinking the motor I bought wasn't going to come with one so I had another in hand. As soon as my mechanic switched the ecu, it fired right up. Might wanna try swapping in another aristo ecu.
Old 04-12-17, 07:31 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Not that I've never been wrong but I think clogged injectors would definitely be at the bottom of the list so I would say that probably isn't it. I would pay attention to wiring, it sounds like an electrical issue
well everything is done accordingly to the swap there was noting I missed unless its a bad ECU...
Old 04-12-17, 07:35 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Originally Posted by 808lexusgs
Same problem and symptoms I had when I did my swap. The ecu I got with the motor was bad. I had already ordered one on eBay thinking the motor I bought wasn't going to come with one so I had another in hand. As soon as my mechanic switched the ecu, it fired right up. Might wanna try swapping in another aristo ecu.
OK THANKS so it was doing the same thing like the video I had posted Up ? I wish someone can let me borrow there good working ECU so I can pay for shipping both ways......back
Old 04-12-17, 08:26 PM
GS400V8
Intermediate

I'm surprised his ECU was bad, but I guess it is possible. From the video it sounds like it wants to start, but can't get a signal from something electrical like a MAF sensor, immobilizer, etc.
Old 04-13-17, 07:39 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

I'm surprised his ECU was bad, but I guess it is possible. From the video it sounds like it wants to start, but can't get a signal from something electrical like a MAF sensor, immobilizer, etc.
its none immobilizer ECU...........Well I did unplug the MAF sensor it started right up but that was with the fuel pump disconnected ... so I try it again with the Fuel Pump plugged back in it Wanted to start but then it didn't ...........

Quick Reply: Aristo Swap Does Not What To Run