GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS430 Navi Swap Out for Aftermarket (ML) NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-17, 03:22 PM
ChukStakes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS430 Navi Swap Out for Aftermarket (ML) NEED HELP!!!

Hey there fellers,

although I am not new to the forum I am new to posting. I've always been able to search for what I need and usually come up on a solution....not this time.

2004 Lexus GS430 (although I had to purchase an extra cable for 2003 GS430 when installing USA spec PA15)
Navigation w/ Mark Levinson audio

At first I thought I had no option with this car but to add a processor, grabbing output signal from my ML amp, adding new amps and running new speaker wire, new speakers subs etc. Which wouldn't be terrible but #1 Sound quality would be sub par without aftermarket Head unit, #2 this is a 13-14 year old vehicle, and I've heard a lot of posts about the amps going out.

So upon further research I found people have swapped out the GS430 navigation head unit, and put in an aftermarket trim bezel and A/C controls from a GS300 Non/Nav setup. So I'm thinking GREAT, found the bezel I needed, started researching the AC controls and from pics I've found of both the unit I currently have and the pics of the AC controls from GS300, there doesn't look to be any plugs that would match or mate up.

Ive read threads on here that state they think it can be done, some have see it done, simple plug and play, but no difinitive answer. I've found pics of it done. Some people even said You need to retain the factory tape deck. But I think that was for people trying to go aftermarket head unit but with ML amp, which I have no idea why but that's just me. So that lead me to think and research some more

does anyone know if there were any versions of the 2003/2004 GS430 that came with the navigation but NOT, NOT Mark Levinson Audio? I was always under the impression GS430 came standard with Mark Levinson and navigation.

The even bigger question is if they did come out with navigation non/ML versions, are the ML versions able to have the factory head unit swapped out with GS300 Non/Nav AC controls?

also, does anyone know if I achieve this, how to tap into steering wheel controls. I doubt it can be done but just curious if anyone knows

I honestly apologize for the lengthy post but I figured the more background info the better. And I've done so much research, read so many posts, looked at so many images. I've done my homework

any and all info suggestions etc is welcome, I've done research, a lot of research, hoping someone will

I attached a pic of what I'm trying to accomplish
Attached Thumbnails GS430 Navi Swap Out for Aftermarket (ML) NEED HELP!!!-img_1549.png  

Last edited by ChukStakes; 02-12-17 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-13-17, 10:52 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ChukStakes
Ive read threads on here that state they think it can be done, some have see it done, simple plug and play, but no difinitive answer. I've found pics of it done.
well, thats not true... i would be more inclined to believe you didnt really search (i just searched and found a few) so writing this thread took longer than actually searching. There are MANY MANY threads that give a definitive answer to this....and if you found pics of it why did you need this thread to confirm what the pics said

get the non nav climate controls and its PNP buy the Carson (JDM) double din kit and then actually search for your answers next time

Last edited by sakataj; 02-13-17 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-13-17, 09:07 PM
ChukStakes
Driver School Candidate

Like I said I have read those posts. Not one of them that I could find address my situation. No one definitively said a Non/nav AC unit will work with GS430 navigation WITH ML. It's all GS300 navigation to GS300 Non/Nav. Or people with GS430 trying to keep factory HU and integrate into factory amp. but I get it. I'll just order the part, see if it works and post my findings. Sorry to bother
Old 02-14-17, 12:57 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChukStakes
Like I said I have read those posts. Not one of them that I could find address my situation. No one definitively said a Non/nav AC unit will work with GS430 navigation WITH ML. It's all GS300 navigation to GS300 Non/Nav. Or people with GS430 trying to keep factory HU and integrate into factory amp. but I get it. I'll just order the part, see if it works and post my findings. Sorry to bother
again thats not true MANY people have said a non nav ac unit will work with a GS430 nav with ML. theres nothing to see if it works...IT WORKS. you know how i know? besides reading about it,before i did anything with it, i then did it myself to my 2001 GS430 WITH ML and NAV and i know of atleast 2-3 other members and the post where they talk about it. so again just search next time

buy a non nav climate control (from all model Gs's that didnt have ML/NAV and yes you could get the GS430 without the NAV and ML) and its Plug and Play, buy the carson double din and mounts and put in whatever double din you want
Old 02-14-17, 01:38 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

this is what my car currently looks like since i have changed out my factory nav (and my interior to black)

Originally Posted by sakataj

and this is back when i still had tan interior AND my ML/NAV in the car

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ification.html

Last edited by sakataj; 02-15-17 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-21-17, 09:28 PM
ChukStakes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj
again thats not true MANY people have said a non nav ac unit will work with a GS430 nav with ML. theres nothing to see if it works...IT WORKS. you know how i know? besides reading about it,before i did anything with it, i then did it myself to my 2001 GS430 WITH ML and NAV and i know of atleast 2-3 other members and the post where they talk about it. so again just search next time

buy a non nav climate control (from all model Gs's that didnt have ML/NAV and yes you could get the GS430 without the NAV and ML) and its Plug and Play, buy the carson double din and mounts and put in whatever double din you want
thank you for the info. I did do research. A lot of it and now I feel stupid. But really though thank you for confirming what I guess I should have already known. I feel 100% more confident.
I will pay more attention next time. Mah bad