GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Toyota Aristo central locking woes

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-17, 01:53 PM
Arch11b
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Aristo central locking woes

Hi guys, i need help with remote central locking on my toyota aristo.

I have jdm aristo which has an ecu with no imobillizer.
car was bought with only valet key so i dont have remote central locking. Cl works well from key.
i got a blank and 2x second hand transponders for central locking from mk2 gs300 pre facelift models but i cannot get them to register to car.

I have tried every programming procedure on internet with no luck.
I bought techstream and try to register them with help of techstream but procedure fails every time.

i have a very good breakers yard next to me which has quite a few lexus gs300 breaking together with keys. So parts wouldnt be a problem.

can someone please point me in direction what exactly do i need to get to get them working as im losing my mind over not being able to use remote central locking.
p.s. i have also tried another module in drivers door just in case if thats the culprit but sidnt get far, as aristo has electrically foldable mirrors and module from gs300 werent able to control mirror and make it fold, so i swapped it nack out for oem one.

any ideas guys?

Last edited by Arch11b; 02-12-17 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-13-17, 12:44 AM
Arch11b
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Arch11b
Hi guys, i need help with remote central locking on my toyota aristo.

I have jdm aristo which has an ecu with no imobillizer.
car was bought with only valet key so i dont have remote central locking. Cl works well from key.
i got a blank and 2x second hand transponders for central locking from mk2 gs300 pre facelift models but i cannot get them to register to car.

I have tried every programming procedure on internet with no luck.
I bought techstream and try to register them with help of techstream but procedure fails every time.

i have a very good breakers yard next to me which has quite a few lexus gs300 breaking together with keys. So parts wouldnt be a problem.

can someone please point me in direction what exactly do i need to get to get them working as im losing my mind over not being able to use remote central locking.
p.s. i have also tried another module in drivers door just in case if thats the culprit but sidnt get far, as aristo has electrically foldable mirrors and replacement module from gs300 werent able to control mirror on drivers side and make it fold, so i swapped it back out for oem one.

any ideas guys?
Would swapping receiver in rear a-pillar work? Is that a module were were frequency gets programmed in? If i would get that plus key that has benn programmed to it, maybe i woukdnt need to do programming?
Old 02-18-17, 08:10 AM
maligned98
Driver School Candidate

I can't recall in Techstream whether you can erase all old keys and just program new ones. I have a feeling you still need a working master key to make a new one.
Old 11-05-22, 09:51 PM
lastguy
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by maligned98
I can't recall in Techstream whether you can erase all old keys and just program new ones. I have a feeling you still need a working master key to make a new one.
yes you need a master key, or else go Lexus. Don't expect other sourced key can work _ I got once work but cannot get 2nd time tried a few keys.