GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Blower motor issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-16, 08:33 AM
gwydo125
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Blower motor issue

The issue is there is no power to the wires going into the blower motor itself. Cant find the resistor but changed out the fan control module (which i believe is the resistor for the blower)

So the things i have found thus far. I have a water leak in the windshield. one day while raining my lights (Daytime running) would not turn off. With or with out the key.then at the same moment the blower motor stopped working. I feel the relay click when i turn blower fan off or on but still no power to the blower. winter is here and i have no way to defrost my windshield. (Not fun)

So maybe the water shorted something. everything else in the car works perfectly no Engine lights and all options work fine. except the blower motor. Like i said there is no power going to the plug that goes into the blower motor itself. Those wires are dead. Is there a fusible link for that system that might have blown. or is there a resistor elsewhere in the vehicle that may have shorted?

PLEASE HELP LEXUS FRIENDS!!! as its -2 degrees out today.
Old 12-20-16, 11:01 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

I know you said you hear a click, but have you checked for power coming out of the relay?
Old 12-20-16, 04:16 PM
eicca
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Try this: Pull the 10A "HEATER" fuse out of the driver's side panel. Then try the blower. If the blower works with the fuse out, I can help you solve that particular pain in the EVER LOVING *** problem that I had to chase down this summer.

If you've had a leak on the passenger side, odds are the problem isn't too complex. But try pulling that fuse just to rule out the worst scenario.

Here's an EWD.
Attached Thumbnails Blower motor issue-heater-relay-and-blower-ewd.png  
The following 2 users liked this post by eicca:
MrActionGS (08-13-19), Strongman (06-17-19)
Old 12-21-16, 10:28 AM
YoYi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eicca
Try this: Pull the 10A "HEATER" fuse out of the driver's side panel. Then try the blower. If the blower works with the fuse out, I can help you solve that particular pain in the EVER LOVING *** problem that I had to chase down this summer.

If you've had a leak on the passenger side, odds are the problem isn't too complex. But try pulling that fuse just to rule out the worst scenario.

Here's an EWD.
Hey, do you have the cluster wiring diagram that you can send please?

Thanks
Old 12-26-16, 04:03 AM
gwydo125
Driver School Candidate

Here's an EWD.

​​​​​​​ok i will pull that today and get right back to you.
Old 12-30-16, 11:53 AM
gwydo125
Driver School Candidate

Here's an EWD.
Ok so i pulled the 10amp fuse from driver side fuse panel marked 10amp heater. No change. what now my friend.
Old 12-30-16, 12:00 PM
eicca
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gwydo125
Ok so i pulled the 10amp fuse from driver side fuse panel marked 10amp heater. No change. what now my friend.
Make sure you've got 12v coming to the relay. Also test the blower motor controller and make sure power is coming to that. Test the small wire going to the blower controller and see if the voltage changes when changing the fan speed on the control panel. It'll be a very small value but it should change.

Searching will give you some threads about finding all these components.
Old 01-03-17, 10:56 AM
gwydo125
Driver School Candidate

ok I will check these all next time i can get my car in the garage. But there is power coming out of the fan control module. Ill Hit you back with what i find out. thank you thus far.
Old 01-23-19, 02:35 PM
99gs400NY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gwydo125
The issue is there is no power to the wires going into the blower motor itself. Cant find the resistor but changed out the fan control module (which i believe is the resistor for the blower)

So the things i have found thus far. I have a water leak in the windshield. one day while raining my lights (Daytime running) would not turn off. With or with out the key.then at the same moment the blower motor stopped working. I feel the relay click when i turn blower fan off or on but still no power to the blower. winter is here and i have no way to defrost my windshield. (Not fun)

So maybe the water shorted something. everything else in the car works perfectly no Engine lights and all options work fine. except the blower motor. Like i said there is no power going to the plug that goes into the blower motor itself. Those wires are dead. Is there a fusible link for that system that might have blown. or is there a resistor elsewhere in the vehicle that may have shorted?

PLEASE HELP LEXUS FRIENDS!!! as its -2 degrees out today.
Having same issues out the blue.... Lex 99 gs400 sos

Last edited by 99gs400NY; 01-23-19 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-23-19, 02:41 PM
99gs400NY
Driver School Candidate

Blower just stopped it's buffalo NY January... Cold as hell somone please help.. 99 Lexus gs400
Old 01-23-19, 05:51 PM
eicca
Intermediate

There’s a 10A HTR fuse in the drivers side kick panel fuse box. Remove that fuse and try running the blower. If it turns on without that fuse installed, I’ll give you the next steps.
Old 01-24-19, 09:19 AM
99gs400NY
Driver School Candidate

Default looking at it now

There’s a 10A HTR fuse in the drivers side kick panel fuse box. Remove that fuse and try running the blower. If it turns on without that fuse installed, I’ll give you the next steps.
Do you have a picture of the exact fuse that side is missing in my car so I don't kno which fuse is what. . hyttman716@gmail.com thanks
Old 01-24-19, 10:29 PM
eicca
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 99gs400NY
Do you have a picture of the exact fuse that side is missing in my car so I don't kno which fuse is what. . hyttman716@gmail.com thanks
I don’t have those, you’ll have to google them
Old 01-24-19, 11:02 PM
Nad1370
Lexus Test Driver

Received 122 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 99gs400NY

Old 02-16-19, 06:51 AM
99gs400NY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nad1370

I still have no power

Quick Reply: Blower motor issue