GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HELP VSC VSC OFF ABS LIGHT BATTERY LIGHT PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND car not starting

Old 07-12-16, 03:52 PM
Forrestb
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP VSC VSC OFF ABS LIGHT BATTERY LIGHT PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND car not starting

Ok so lady is pregnant. Like really prego and we are on the way to the hospital. We stop at the store car cranks slowly barely starts. Turn off then go to turn back on and nothing. Very dim lights ac blowing not as hard radio cutting out. Ect. Now since ive had the car i have had the vsc abs and vsc light come on randomly with no issues except lights being on. Now the car is dead and everything is dim. Starts with jump. If i let it idle then the battery light comes on. If i give it gas it goes off and everything works as it should. Radio ac yadda yaddda.
Also i have a bad upper control arm bushing that ill be replacing as soon as possible. If that has anything to do with the light's.
We made it to the hospital but barely. I would like to try and figure this out before we have to go possibly with a new born. Lol
I have searched and searched but no solid answer the thread dies or something else happens.

So my question.are these lights somehow tied in with the alternator taking a ****?

I have heard that if your clock resets to 1 then replace your alternator. Clock has held the correct time the whole time

Main question. Alternator, battery, or some other bull**** that i have to fix.
If i get an alternator ill be using the denso from what i have heard they are good.
Old 07-12-16, 04:01 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Start with you Alternator, battery and reset the code and see what happen after that. You Alternator is dead and kill your battery.
Old 07-12-16, 04:01 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

And Yessss, buy the Denso Alternator.
Old 07-12-16, 04:04 PM
Forrestb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mcon
Start with you Alternator, battery and reset the code and see what happen after that. You Alternator is dead and kill your battery.
Ok i work at a shop and vave plenty of new batterys avalable and get parts at almost cost so its not to ****ty. But those lights are in tune with ****ty alternators?
BTW no CEL on with this journey so no codes to pull i believe
Old 07-12-16, 04:07 PM
Forrestb
Driver School Candidate

Also factory alternator i believe. Car has 204xxx miles 99 gs300 certified pre owned
Old 07-12-16, 04:37 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Remember, the ECU work with power and if the ECU does not get the power they need and act that way. Also tells you that there is something wrong with the system. 204xxx miles OEM Alternator. WOWWWW Nice.
Old 07-12-16, 06:16 PM
Forrestb
Driver School Candidate

The charging system? Right i get that. Ok so a little update. Went to start it and nothing. Dim lights. Just clicking.tightened the pos cable and the neg. Cable and Gave her a good old jump start started right up no waiting but struggled a little then let the car idle. It was idling a little low from what i can tell probably 700 rpms. With all 3 lights and the battery light. Turned off ac and the display to my radio rolled all windows down and started driving. No more battery light. About 15 min into my drive i thought what the heck. Then turned on my lights on bright radio on turned up loud then my ac on full blast. Kept driving normal. Sat at idle and it was normal. So i was like oh ok cool just loose cable! Nope. Let the car idle for a minute then shut it off. Went to start it again and started to crank and died... SOUNDS LIKE A BATTERY????? OR STILL ALT PROBLEMS.maybe alt is not putting out the 100 power it is supposed to? Or the battery is just ****. Previous owner bought it from costco in 14' its gotta be one or the other.right?
Old 07-12-16, 06:28 PM
Forrestb
Driver School Candidate

One last thing i forgot to mention. 3 days ago while doing my diy radio install (its the newest diy radio install) i had unplugged my battery for a while because i was messing with wires and such, after i plugged it back in i didnt turn the car on but out it in the "on" position. Well after 30 minutes of sitting in the garage fine tuning the radio the battery had died. Thus resulting in a jump. It had been driven the 2 days inbetween with no problems
Old 07-12-16, 06:31 PM
Forrestb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mcon
Remember, the ECU work with power and if the ECU does not get the power they need and act that way. Also tells you that there is something wrong with the system. 204xxx miles OEM Alternator. WOWWWW Nice.
Yep. Just double checked and the alternator is an oem alternator with the lexus stuff on it. Was it replaced by the dealer as part of the "certified pre owned" i dont know. I assume not lol
Old 07-13-16, 10:07 AM
lexo98
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Forrestb
Ok i work at a shop and vave plenty of new batterys avalable and get parts at almost cost so its not to ****ty. But those lights are in tune with ****ty alternators?
BTW no CEL on with this journey so no codes to pull i believe
You gotta get someone to check the alternator output and battery. The alternator could be on its way out or the battery might damaged. I had an optima yellow top that shorted out internally and we originally thought it was my alternator. Also make sure the battery connections are clean and tight.
BTW my alternator went out at 240k

Last edited by lexo98; 07-13-16 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Added
Old 07-13-16, 10:22 AM
Forrestb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexo98
You gotta get someone to check the alternator output and battery. The alternator could be on its way out or the battery might damaged. I had an optima yellow top that shorted out internally and we originally thought it was my alternator. Also make sure the battery connections are clean and tight.
BTW my alternator went out at 240k
checked last night and it said battery bad so we put a new battery in and car started fine no vsc or anything checked the alt and i believe it said bad diode but good everything else? Can i just replace those. I cant remember if diodes were it but when he said it first thing that popped to mind was the connection pieces. But everything else said good alt.
Also is it not weird that when its jumped and i turn the ac off and rev it its fine then i turn my ac back on with everything else and drove for like 2 hours and no issues? The later in the day it got the better it got. Im thinking its just a battery
Old 07-13-16, 02:50 PM
Forrestb
Driver School Candidate

Replaced battery everything good so far. Battery wise been driving for an hour vsc vsc off and abs on still at random it seems.

Would a vacuum leak somewhere between the maf and the throttle body cause this?
Old 07-13-16, 02:54 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Forrestb
Replaced battery everything good so far. Battery wise been driving for an hour vsc vsc off and abs on still at random it seems.

Would a vacuum leak somewhere between the maf and the throttle body cause this?
Yesss, a small leak can made the vsc, vsc off and abs light on. But first. Check with a scanner what code you have.
Old 07-13-16, 04:22 PM
Forrestb
Driver School Candidate

No cel on how do i get the codes ran?
Old 07-14-16, 08:06 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Put the scan anyway to see if you get a code.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP VSC VSC OFF ABS LIGHT BATTERY LIGHT PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND car not starting