GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-14, 09:12 PM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
Default New to the forum

Hello all, my name is dion and this is my first post. I've been a member for 6 months or so, I've just been lurking in the shadows. I have a 98 spectra blue mica gs400. The car already had a bunch of mods done to it before I bought it, but there's always room for more anyways, I'm replacing pretty much everything to do with the front suspension for my peace of mind. I already have moog ball joints,inner and outer tie rods, spc adjustable upper control arms, figs steering rack,caster arm, and lower control arm bushings, tein comfort sport coilovers and supra tt brakes. It's all sitting in my garage waiting to be put on when I finally get some free time. My question is, is there anything else in the front end I should be checking out or replacing? I know there's a lot of you guys out there with more knowledge than the lexus dealership and any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I'm glad I found a site with other people that are just as obsessed with their 2gs as I am. Sorry for such a long intro
Old 08-05-14, 11:04 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus. Post some pictures of your car. Black interior ?

As for front suspension, you pretty much have everything covered. Check your motor mounts also.
Old 08-06-14, 12:10 AM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Originally Posted by clos430
Welcome to Club Lexus. Post some pictures of your car. Black interior ? As for front suspension, you pretty much have everything covered. Check your motor mounts also.
man, I wish I had a black interior, just the tan. Good call on the motor mounts, thanks I'll check em. I'll try to post some pictures tomm.
Old 08-06-14, 01:53 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Welcome to the Forums....
Old 08-06-14, 06:33 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to ClubLexus!
Old 08-06-14, 08:17 AM
2k4CamkilA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to CL! We need pics!!! LOL

Did you buy your car upstate?
Old 08-06-14, 10:57 AM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Here are some pics. As u can see old Stella blue wants me to stop lagging and put my tein's on her.lol
Attached Thumbnails New to the forum-image-695188423.jpg   New to the forum-image-547110711.jpg   New to the forum-image-3859386171.jpg  
Old 08-06-14, 08:21 PM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2k4CamkilA
Welcome to CL! We need pics!!! LOL Did you buy your car upstate?
no, I bought it from a guy down in jersey.
Old 08-06-14, 08:31 PM
monkey92
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome, and youre to a good start.
Old 08-06-14, 09:01 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking good! Love the authentic TTE front lip
Old 08-06-14, 09:06 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Welcome bro! Love the color! Now, IMO! Add your own HUGE touch to that beauty, and ditch the wheels, get yourself some classy a** wheels and let that blue BLING! Hahaha, unless of course you like the black cool. Car looks great, congrats and welcome.
Old 08-06-14, 09:14 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Oh and sorry didn't answer your question! Btw GREAT!!!! Choice of parts there my man. Steering rack bushings, motor mounts since it's a 98.... Um..... Hmm what's the timing belt, water pump, cam seals and crank seal, valve cover gaskets, and plugs situation looking like? Before I did my entire (just as you have listed but I went with BC's 14/12 rates) suspension overhaul, I did all the timing good stuff first, rebuilt the VVTI pully... All the good stuff... You'll probably want to check your differential bushings as well... Um... Hmm... How's she shifting? How many miles? Possibly a full Trans flush, or should I call it FULL drain and refill to be politically correct hahaha. But great choice on parts! Esp! Brakes! You get yourself some stainless steel lines? Goodridge if not! Legit. Ask away there's many here to answer, but a quick search up top will answer your questions as well in more ways you can imagine rephrasing any question you may have HAHAHAHA trust me, sure many of them are me as well. Oh! And sway bar end links! Replace those as well.
Old 08-06-14, 09:49 PM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Originally Posted by GSGenesis
Oh and sorry didn't answer your question! Btw GREAT!!!! Choice of parts there my man. Steering rack bushings, motor mounts since it's a 98.... Um..... Hmm what's the timing belt, water pump, cam seals and crank seal, valve cover gaskets, and plugs situation looking like? Before I did my entire (just as you have listed but I went with BC's 14/12 rates) suspension overhaul, I did all the timing good stuff first, rebuilt the VVTI pully... All the good stuff... You'll probably want to check your differential bushings as well... Um... Hmm... How's she shifting? How many miles? Possibly a full Trans flush, or should I call it FULL drain and refill to be politically correct hahaha. But great choice on parts! Esp! Brakes! You get yourself some stainless steel lines? Goodridge if not! Legit. Ask away there's many here to answer, but a quick search up top will answer your questions as well in more ways you can imagine rephrasing any question you may have HAHAHAHA trust me, sure many of them are me as well. Oh! And sway bar end links! Replace those as well.
thanks for the warm welcome guys! The car only has 58,000 miles on it, so I'm not sure I need all the timing belt stuff yet. As far as the tranny goes it shifts great, it has a supra tt LSD, dragon torque converter, a aftermarket valve body, and a tranny cooler. I actually just ordered some moog sway bar links yesterday.lol As far as the sway bar bushings go I have a question hopefully u guys can help with. I have the trd blue sway bar and I don't know if it uses the same size bushings as oem.
Old 08-07-14, 01:47 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

you will need larger bushings since the TRD is a larger diameter bar then stock, you can contact Sewell lexus and see if the carry them or try aftermarket, front i think is 31mm and rear is 19mm
Old 08-07-14, 04:12 AM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Originally Posted by tmf2004
you will need larger bushings since the TRD is a larger diameter bar then stock, you can contact Sewell lexus and see if the carry them or try aftermarket, front i think is 31mm and rear is 19mm
cool,thanks man.

Quick Reply: New to the forum