GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Wheels! New Kit! New widebody! (:

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-14, 01:56 AM
johhntran
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car looks awesome......

Originally Posted by Lutkis
Looking good. Love those lips!
Looks like you have positive camber at the back.
im sure its at about 0 degrees, very optimal for drifting because you want to be able to control the amounts of traction you have while its spinning. you want more extreme amounts of camber in the front when drifting because at full lock it will have more tire patch contact compared to having less camber.

Originally Posted by akafixture
Looks good. I would have done something with the flare rivets/bolts to make it more blended in. But since you did all this yourself in your garage, thumbs up!
i think it looks way better this way, it has that drifting feel to it rather than the traditional vip/subtle look. i loved this look for 240sx overs
Old 08-11-14, 10:45 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the flake! I wish you put more tho. Car is on point. Congrats on the win at wekfest
Old 08-11-14, 11:00 AM
Aadaamm
Pole Position

Default Wekfest 2014 San Jose

I'm surprised i actually got 1st place Best Lexus GS (=
just a little bit more longer and the car is back on the track!
Attached Thumbnails New Wheels! New Kit! New widebody! (:-photo-2-2-.jpg   New Wheels! New Kit! New widebody! (:-photo-1-2-.jpg   New Wheels! New Kit! New widebody! (:-photo-3-2-.jpg   New Wheels! New Kit! New widebody! (:-photo-4-2-.jpg   New Wheels! New Kit! New widebody! (:-photo-5-2-.jpg  

Old 08-13-14, 08:15 PM
shurian
Pit Crew

OP what kind of bidykit is this?
Old 08-13-14, 08:23 PM
boostedsi
Driver

it looks like a bn-sport kit with serial nine rear overs
Old 08-14-14, 12:12 PM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

God, that car is stunning.
not a huge fan of the spoiler- but then again i don't like big spoilers on ANY car, really. just personal preference.

but seriously, car is gorgeous.
Old 08-14-14, 12:37 PM
YourBarber
Driver School Candidate

Default Rear fenders

I really like how wide the rear fenders are, did you make them or they were pre made?
Old 08-14-14, 07:48 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Serialnine showing Adam some love

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...50137019010644

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...50137019010644

Last edited by ELLeon; 08-14-14 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-14-14, 07:49 PM
RoMiLex
Driver

To each his own. Those exposed rivets would drive me nuts. Id have to shave it in. And my car would be primer till those gaps and lines were perfect. Vent shades, 2002 "look at me" wing and aftermarket mirrors woulnt touch my car. Leave that spice for the rice.

Everything under the hood is killing it. Im sure you are making a ton of power.
Old 08-14-14, 07:56 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Since he drifts this that is not a concern. For me I need it to look factory, almost like it came with the car. It all depends on what you will use your car for. His ride will get beat up at the track but that's what it's for. For him at least.
Old 08-14-14, 08:49 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RoMiLex
To each his own. Those exposed rivets would drive me nuts. Id have to shave it in. And my car would be primer till those gaps and lines were perfect. Vent shades, 2002 "look at me" wing and aftermarket mirrors woulnt touch my car. Leave that spice for the rice.
Good thing it's not your car I guess . I'm just glad the guy is sharing details about his drift car on here instead of just posting pics on instagram or talking about what he's dreaming of doing. I have the same kit and will mold it, but my car is street car. You got pics of your car to share? We need some more content on here like he's posting instead of more criticizing and talking.
Old 08-14-14, 09:28 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Preach!!

It's suppose to be a forum where people don't have to worry about being criticized when they post their car mods. If you don't like it no need to knock it. Just open your own thread and post your own style if modding/tuning. Simple
Old 08-14-14, 09:43 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

looks great man. i always wanted some of those serialnine fat hips.
Old 08-15-14, 12:03 PM
RoMiLex
Driver

Originally Posted by ELLeon
Preach!!

It's suppose to be a forum where people don't have to worry about being criticized when they post their car mods. If you don't like it no need to knock it. Just open your own thread and post your own style if modding/tuning. Simple
Well with every coin comes two sides. Those who like it and those who don't. Im glad he shared his ride. I wasnt trying to tear him down or tell him he should change it. I was just sharing my ideas as well. The door should be able to swing both ways. If someone posted a bright hot pink GS300 with gutted interior and sitting a foot higher on 26" rims do we all have to chime in congratulating. Im guessing most would go the route I did and try to compliment where possible with your own opinion then give constructive criticism

And to the OP, I do apologize for crowding up your thread with this little side track.
Old 08-15-14, 12:35 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RoMiLex
Well with every coin comes two sides. Those who like it and those who don't. Im glad he shared his ride. I wasnt trying to tear him down or tell him he should change it. I was just sharing my ideas as well. The door should be able to swing both ways. If someone posted a bright hot pink GS300 with gutted interior and sitting a foot higher on 26" rims do we all have to chime in congratulating. Im guessing most would go the route I did and try to compliment where possible with your own opinion then give constructive criticism

And to the OP, I do apologize for crowding up your thread with this little side track.
It's cool man, no worries. I get your point.

Quick Reply: New Wheels! New Kit! New widebody! (: