GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tom's Body Kit and VIZAGE body kit for GS400

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-03, 02:41 PM
LEXGS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tom's Body Kit and VIZAGE body kit for GS400

does anyone know where i can find a website that sells Tom's bodykits for a GS and maybe look at some more pictures of it to get a better look at the design?? Also...what do you guys think of the VIZAGE body kit for a GS?? I think its pretty unique....it definetly would be a little too crazy for some though. Here is the website: definetly check this out...

http://www.vizages.com/lexus_gs300info.htm

YOU DONT NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE JAPANESE TEXT DISPLAY TO LOOK AT THE KIT
Old 02-14-03, 02:49 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Steve Ganz (SUPRATRD) can get you those parts, contact him if you need more info.
Old 02-14-03, 02:58 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default for 880???

Poly Urethane Kit **Price $880.oo (promotional)

Wow~~ I wouldn't mind paying 880 for a set of poly urethane kit. Even though its not really my type of body kit but I am kind of tired of seeing so many rock chips and have to worry about paint job or getting X-pel on them. Not to mention a potential disaster like what happen to Mike (mcgong) today. Wonder how the real thing is going to look like?
Old 02-14-03, 03:03 PM
LEXGS400
Driver School Candidate

I have a picture of what the real thing looks like...its a little bit different but overall its basically the same as that picture. ill email it to you if you want. and like i said its definetly not for everyone...i like it tho, im just not sure if i wanna buy it or not. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??
Old 02-14-03, 04:02 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

e-mail me the picture please, sending you a PM.
Old 02-14-03, 06:59 PM
chanmannyhc
Driver

Default great looking kit

I personally think the kit looks cool, I would get it. but the picture looks too photoshoped
Old 02-14-03, 07:28 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Default <<<<HOTT!!!>>>>

I think that kit looks hot!!! I would def do it...not the usual that you see on this board so it would be different....but classy!!!

Danny
Old 02-14-03, 07:33 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Default looks great

I like the kit too. Just wondering if the price sounds too good to be true and what the actual kit looks like. The picture does look a bit photo shopped. Any info any of you could give me regarding ordering the kit and reliability of the company would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-15-03, 02:29 AM
LEXGS400
Driver School Candidate

Default VIZAGE KIT

Actually...i have been in contact with VIZAGE for almost a full year now. Unfortunatley the kit isn't out yet but its coming out very soon. When i first came across their website, It seemed wierd to me that the price for a complete bodykit was only $880.00. When i emailed VIZAGE about this and asked them why the kit was so cheap. They responded by saying that they are a new company and by offereing the kits for prices that low the company would be able to spread their name around in the business more rapidly and also get a jump into the market. The promotional price is only offered for a limited time....im not sure how long and VIZAGE wasnt sure either. But if you want the kit you should get into contact with Mickey. The company does seem to be reliable from what i have learned about it from talking to varios people in the past year. Another good thing about the kit, at least in my opinion, is that the kit is made of polyurethane. Which to my knowledge, is a stronger and more durable material than fiberglass. If you guys want to know any more info on VIZAGE from somone besides me, u should email Mickey....his address is on the site. He was very helpful and informative throughout the past year.
Old 02-15-03, 04:59 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Default vizage body kit

Thanks for the added info. I just got a Black Widow body kit for my Lexus GS 300 (not too subtle, not too wild) but when I saw this kit, I was like "WOW!!" The only thing is the Vizage kit is a lot more wild, but not crazy, ugly wild. Plus being a urethane kit, I have heard from my body shop guy that urethane is better than fiberglass. The only problem now is if I can sell my Black Widow kit. Anyone know where I can post to sell it? I was all ready to go to the body shop to have it put on but now I'll have to rethink this. Darn you LEXGS400. LOL. Why couldn't you have posted this before I got my kit?
Old 02-15-03, 12:21 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: vizage body kit

Originally posted by veritek
Thanks for the added info. I just got a Black Widow body kit for my Lexus GS 300 (not too subtle, not too wild) but when I saw this kit, I was like "WOW!!" The only thing is the Vizage kit is a lot more wild, but not crazy, ugly wild. Plus being a urethane kit, I have heard from my body shop guy that urethane is better than fiberglass. The only problem now is if I can sell my Black Widow kit. Anyone know where I can post to sell it? I was all ready to go to the body shop to have it put on but now I'll have to rethink this. Darn you LEXGS400. LOL. Why couldn't you have posted this before I got my kit?

I know what you mean...you buy something then someone posts something that just blows your mind!!!!! Well you can sell it in the Classified section....make sure to post Price and addtl info on the kit and if you can pics so that it sold quickly...hope this helps!

Danny
Old 02-15-03, 12:57 PM
slowlex

Why would they photoshop the body kit on though?
Old 02-15-03, 02:53 PM
LEXGS400
Driver School Candidate

i guess they photoshopped the kit onto the car because they havent finished making the kit yet so they couldnt put one on a actualy GS but at the same time they still wnated to get their name and pictures of the kit out there in the market so that people who came across the VIZAGE website would have some kind of idea what their kit would look like on a GS. When i saw that kit i decided i was gonna wait until it came out instead of buying one from another company. So if that was their intended marketing strategy...it worked pretty well.
Old 02-15-03, 02:58 PM
slowlex

almost all their kits are photoshoped on though?
Old 02-15-03, 03:05 PM
LEXGS400
Driver School Candidate

Yes i know.....they are a brand new company that doesnt have many products out yet. The photoshopping is just to give the customers an idea of the types of products it will be making.

Quick Reply: Tom's Body Kit and VIZAGE body kit for GS400