GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-14, 08:53 PM
NoPulp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin2022
Hello,
New to this forum. I came here from an IS 300 2001 in which I totaled on 7 April, 2014. So I went to Lexus and they sold me a 2005 GS300 in near perfect condition. Color is Black Cherry, all stock but the wheels, which are 20".

Justin
Welcome! Love the color.
Old 04-22-14, 05:42 AM
aaran05
Driver School Candidate

Hello, I'm new here and new to lexus, I'm in the UK and Ive got a metallic red gs300 with black leather interior, 115000 miles and in really good condition, it's stock at the moment but I bought some (apparently) junction produce wheels for it, I'm after some lowering springs for it

Test fitted the wheels
Old 04-22-14, 10:57 AM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NoPulp
Update:
Wheels are sold. These wheels are temporary. Coilovers are next!
The color of yours is to die for. And a lot better without those other wheels excited to see the progress!
Old 04-22-14, 11:46 AM
sxpear2
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member

Hello... First Post! Just picked up a '04 GS430 yesterday with only 37,200 miles on it. It's my first GS however my son and wife both drive GS 300's. Needless to say the car looks and drives like its new. I bought it from the same dealer that sold it new and who did all of the maintenance. Based on the carfax records, the previous onwer only put about 3300 miles per year on it... I buy all of my cars used, but this is by far the cleanest 10 year car I've ever seen, let alon own.

1. Exterior Color - Silver
2. Interior color choice - Silver (not sure of acutal color name, but not gray)
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) NAV
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) ML Sound System
5. Any modifications - All sotck
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc) I also own a 91 Supra with 446 RWHP, (also Silver) My old friend is my 04 Z71 Tahoe.... (black)
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery) pics to come soon!

One thing I wish it didnt have is the NAV / ML sound system. I've got to figure out how to get this thing professionally upgraded. Both leave a lot to be desired! IMO. Sadly enough, the Bose system in my Tahoe is far better than the ML system....

Anyway hello to all, been learning alot already from the great posts...

scot
Old 04-23-14, 10:36 AM
CyriousGW
Driver School Candidate

Hey dudes and dudettes! First post here!

I've actually had my 2000 'Millenium Edition' GS400 for a couple of years now, but am only just now getting a CL account. To be totally honest the reason I registered here is because after a couple years of enjoying this wonderful machine, the brake pedal got soggy to the point of basically being on the floor while driving. So yeah, I've come to consult the endless knowledgebase known as the CL forums.

Enough about that though! Let's talk about the car, since that's what we're really here for!
COLOUR: Millenium Silver
INTERIOR: Grey
OPTIONS: Millenium Edition
AUDIO: Nakamichi (heeeeeeeell yeah)
Modifications: Coilovers, wheels, exhaust (car came with Borla tips. I cut them off, as well as a few resonators and went straight pipe for that V8 grunt)
Other Mentionables: I bought a newer car so I didn't have to solve stupid problems and this one has a stupid problem...................................but I still love it.
International?: Well, yeah I guess I am. Canada/Ontario/Toronto.
Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-nr9nt0r.jpg
Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-kubixue.png
Old 04-24-14, 07:40 AM
littlebird
Driver

well it won't let me upload a photo from my work computer, but as an update, i got my girl's windows tinted 5% in the back windows, and i can't remember the percentage for the front off the top of my head right now (it's one of those days) and we plan on lowering her down a little bit more either today or tomorrow.
Old 04-24-14, 08:45 PM
littlebird
Driver

Oh! And my new exhaust is being put on tomorrow!!

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-forumrunner_20140424_234453.png
The following users liked this post:
QLex300 (12-17-21)
Old 04-25-14, 08:08 AM
akafixture
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New. Saying hello to all.

Hello all. Been lurking for a while, but just picked up a 1998 GS400 with 100K. The previous owner had all the maintance done to the T. I have a folder that is inch and a half thick of receipts for all the work done.

My back ground is BMW's, but wanted something a little more dependable with less repairs. Here is a picture.

See everyone around the boards.
QLex300 (12-17-21)
Old 04-26-14, 09:41 PM
littlebird
Driver

Here is the tint:
Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-forumrunner_20140427_004007.png

And the new exhaust:::
Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-forumrunner_20140427_004045.png

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-forumrunner_20140427_004055.png

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-forumrunner_20140427_004108.png
QLex300 (12-17-21)
Old 04-26-14, 10:59 PM
NoPulp
Rookie

Originally Posted by littlebird
The color of yours is to die for. And a lot better without those other wheels excited to see the progress!
Thank you. Check out my build thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ld-thread.html
Old 04-27-14, 08:04 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CyriousGW

I've actually had my 2000 'Millenium Edition' GS400 for a couple of years now, but am only just now getting a CL account. To be totally honest the reason I registered here is because after a couple years of enjoying this wonderful machine, the brake pedal got soggy to the point of basically being on the floor while driving. So yeah, I've come to consult the endless knowledgebase known as the CL forums.

Enough about that though! Let's talk about the car, since that's what we're really here for!
Modifications: Coilovers, wheels, exhaust (car came with Borla tips. I cut them off, as well as a few resonators and went straight pipe for that V8 grunt)
Other Mentionables: I bought a newer car so I didn't have to solve stupid problems and this one has a stupid problem...................................but I still love it.

Looks mean sir, throw some 01+ tails on her and a chrome trunk bar would really compliment the rear, u didn't like the Borla tips? I have the Borla Catback with k&n CAI and it sounds very mean and aggressive, I love it... Nice car
Old 04-27-14, 10:23 PM
NoPulp
Rookie

Originally Posted by CyriousGW

If youdon't mind me asking, what is that in front of your headlight?
Old 04-28-14, 08:09 AM
es2gs
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the Site

Last Sept I purchased my first GS, 00 GS300. I have had a couple es's in the past. My GS is black with tan interior. I am loving the power and performance difference in the GS from the ES. Though because of age and mileage (130K+) I am slowly discovering random maintenance issues. For instance, over heating issue(see previous post), door lock actuator, valve cover gasket leaks, etc. I understand these are relatively normal wear issues but I am interested in pros and cons of time and money on fixing issues on a 14 y.o. car.
Old 04-28-14, 08:35 AM
littlebird
Driver

Originally Posted by es2gs
Last Sept I purchased my first GS, 00 GS300. I have had a couple es's in the past. My GS is black with tan interior. I am loving the power and performance difference in the GS from the ES. Though because of age and mileage (130K+) I am slowly discovering random maintenance issues. For instance, over heating issue(see previous post), door lock actuator, valve cover gasket leaks, etc. I understand these are relatively normal wear issues but I am interested in pros and cons of time and money on fixing issues on a 14 y.o. car.
In my opinion, they're very worth the money going in it for upkeep. mine just hit 337,000 miles this past saturday. we've had to fix some things here and there, but she's a champ. they really are amazing cars. if you take care of them, they last.
Old 04-28-14, 12:40 PM
es2gs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by littlebird
In my opinion, they're very worth the money going in it for upkeep. mine just hit 337,000 miles this past saturday. we've had to fix some things here and there, but she's a champ. they really are amazing cars. if you take care of them, they last.
thanks for the advise

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE