GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-18, 06:18 PM
Twin180sx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2GS owner and member.

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your Second Gen GS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including whether its a GS300 / 400 / 430 and;

1. Exterior Color
2. Interior color choice
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc)
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer)
5. Any modifications
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from Club Lexus!

Old 09-01-18, 02:54 PM
Galikgun45
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xxotic
hi guy im Dom from canada. I've had my 99 gs400 for awhile now and thought id join club lexus. For the last year ive own it. ive done the following.... custom built exhaust With single core shorty high flow cats TRD underbody 4 point chassis upr TRD strut bar CUSCO rear adj strut bar. weapon R intake. aluminum fluid tank. silcone hosing. new black paint with gold metallic peral. led interior lighting. Painted customed original oem hid headlights with led etc. glow in dark engine bay covers rims and brakes. port polished heads and manfold.Wired in custom signal lights on fenders. Tint spray tailights from jap spec aristo.
Engine bay led lighting. Just installed today flexlight 15 in fan with stainless steel upr and lwr rad hosing. Building custom supercharger to fit under the hood. Thats just the little things to for now To much to name.

[/PHP]

how wer u able to custom you'e a/c display to say that and what's on the bottom weryou'e ashtray goes
Old 09-01-18, 06:17 PM
k1ll4hb33
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Galikgun45
how wer u able to custom you'e a/c display to say that and what's on the bottom weryou'e ashtray goes
Curious about how he did that too. The thing in the ashtray is a SAFC
Old 09-30-18, 02:29 AM
Sincitizen
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello fellow gs owners, aswell all club lexus...

This is my 2nd lexus its 2001 gs 430 black in an out, absolutely love my car it's old but I do my best to maintain... shes a daily driver btw.
Old 09-30-18, 04:04 AM
Sincitizen
Driver School Candidate

Default Greetings fellow gs owners, and club lexus members

2001 gs430 black on black, shes old so I do my best keeping her up, I' absolutely love my gs, I've done many upgrades aswell very well maintained

Old 10-02-18, 10:27 AM
nowarranty
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello Club Lexus / GS Owners!

Hello Club Lexus!
New member here and currently researching information so I can build my first GS.
Looking forward in meeting like minded individuals within the CL community.

Old 10-09-18, 08:43 AM
RPMSARISTO
Driver School Candidate

Default 98 aristo swap

I just picked this up last week. Its been a dream of mine since I was 11 now 34 to own a Supra or at least the engine in it. My hard work finally paid off. I was close to a divorce on this one since we just had a baby boy 4 months ago, but I was randomly online at some for sale and came across this one and after talking with the owner Rico I couldn't pass it up. He just had the engine built top to bottom and stuck 7,800 into the build with all the documents and mileage. The build was completed in april and Rico only put 4k on the car since the build. It was to perfect to pass up. Dont get me wrong the car has a some flaws, but I will straighten those out as time goes. My main problem I wanna get resolved is that the trans wont kick down into a lower gear and short shifts climbing gears. Other than that this thing is an absolute blast to drive. Thanks for having me and im sure ill have some questions along the way as I have already asked where to start looking with the shift/kick down issue.
Old 10-23-18, 12:40 PM
3stars1sun
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Previous SC300

1999 GS300 with 64k miles
Hello all! Coming back being a previous owner of a 98 GS300 and GS400. Last car was 98 SC300 with 127k miles which was a gem but sold her because I needed more of a functional car like a sedan. Picked up my 99 GS300 with 64k miles. Came with Nakamichi sound system and slapped on my Racinghart C4R. Will have my Tein street basis Z installed this weekend.
Old 10-26-18, 06:04 AM
lexusbaha
Driver School Candidate

Nice car dude!
Old 10-29-18, 08:11 PM
lexusgotme
Driver School Candidate

Default Finally succumbed

after owning my wife’s 09 RX350 for over a year, I ditched my E46 and was sold on Lexus. After researching here, the GS seemed like the best fit as I wanted RWD or AWD.
got a:
1998 GS300
gold
tan interior
stock
wheels changed by prior owner who was a dealer mechanic and it purrs and shifts better than any car I’ve owned
It’s got 231k miles and honestly drives better than any car I’ve owned. Not quite as fun as my E46 but feels quicker in a straight and it’s a lot quieter and comfier. Would have liked heated seats but it’s so good can’t complain.
Seriously impressed at how well this 20 year old car has held up.
First thing I’ll do is change out the rear diff fluid. And I got a couple dead door actuators that I found when I changed key battery.

Will upload pics later.
Old 10-30-18, 06:41 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

Nice buy man. Also I think that you can just swap the center console cover (to get the heated seat buttons) and seats out with heated ones. I think all of the wiring is there no matter if your car has them or not from a thread I saw a while ago. Read up but I think that should be an easy swap
Old 11-01-18, 06:35 AM
Iamproctor
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good afternoon!

Hey! I drive a 98 gs300 tan on tan special! 652k still going, has a muffler delete and an engine swap that's about it!
Old 11-01-18, 06:36 AM
Iamproctor
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a picture
Old 11-07-18, 06:43 PM
Frnkwhite
Driver School Candidate

Default The Ghost

Silver 2000 Gs400 got it for a crazy lo price but she needs work. Done valve covers and plugs and lifting her back to factory height to start

Last edited by Frnkwhite; 11-07-18 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Adding pic
Old 12-21-18, 04:01 PM
ComJ
Driver School Candidate

Hello, everyone!

I'm the proud new owner of a beautiful second gen GS300:

1. The color is Imperial Jade Mica.
2. Tan interior.
3. Not sure about options, I think it's the euro base model.
4. Pioneer sound system with CD changer.
5. Not modded, I think i'll replace the rims at some point, and maybe a catback.
6. The car has done 115k miles, it's in pretty good condition overall, runs and shifts beautifully, but has a couple of little problems. It has a small vibration on the wheel when going past 70-80MPH, and a feeling of slight wandering when going past 50-60MPH. It also pullsa tiny bit to the right, altough i'm not really sure becaus it's very minor. Also, the Windshield squirters dont work, I activated them, they squirted for a split second, and now they do nothing, I dont hear the pump. It also needs new gas struts for the hood. Aaand that's it, really. Well, the radio's LCD is buggered, but i plan on upgrading the system to a more modern one anyway.
7. The car lives in Spain, I bought it in Madrid, and brought it back home to the south, Seville.
8. Some pics! :

https://imgur.com/a/QL9P9v1

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE