Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005)
Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE >

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Notices
GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Old 12-21-18, 04:01 PM
ComJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, everyone!

I'm the proud new owner of a beautiful second gen GS300:

1. The color is Imperial Jade Mica.
2. Tan interior.
3. Not sure about options, I think it's the euro base model.
4. Pioneer sound system with CD changer.
5. Not modded, I think i'll replace the rims at some point, and maybe a catback.
6. The car has done 115k miles, it's in pretty good condition overall, runs and shifts beautifully, but has a couple of little problems. It has a small vibration on the wheel when going past 70-80MPH, and a feeling of slight wandering when going past 50-60MPH. It also pullsa tiny bit to the right, altough i'm not really sure becaus it's very minor. Also, the Windshield squirters dont work, I activated them, they squirted for a split second, and now they do nothing, I dont hear the pump. It also needs new gas struts for the hood. Aaand that's it, really. Well, the radio's LCD is buggered, but i plan on upgrading the system to a more modern one anyway.
7. The car lives in Spain, I bought it in Madrid, and brought it back home to the south, Seville.
8. Some pics! :

https://imgur.com/a/QL9P9v1
Old 12-21-18, 04:48 PM
Fromero1Gs
Driver School Candidate

welcome 😁😁
Old 12-24-18, 05:24 PM
Sinkankan
Driver School Candidate

Merry Xmas from Perth Australia, I have a 2005 LX470 Landcruiser bought recently from a earthmoving company owner, who basically bought it to impress clients.
It ended up in his wifeís garage and got serviced regularly until she sold it to me after she bought a smaller SUV, her loss my gain.
Iíve always wanted a Lexus, after a friend of mine bought one of these when they came out new. He was the first one to demand a bull bar on the front. The dealer looked at him like he had three heads, and said ĎWhy would you do that to a Lexus?í After he explained it would be doing a lot of country driving and kangaroos tend to bounce of a bar better than a bonnet.
Mine has a few minor problems, (1) the central locking wonít unlock the doors until you hit the switch on the drivers door pad. (2) cruise control doesnít always work, you try to reset it and nothing happens, a few miles down the road and itíll work. (3) stained carpets, been steam cleaned twice and the brown dirt stains still come though. (4) needs a change of tyres, it tends to wander a bit on the road due to worn front tyres.

Iíve added a set of genuine Toyota roof racks and an a smallish overhead carrier for the intended camping trips, just got to remember that concrete underground car parks are not my friends if I donít lower the suspension.
The rear drawers were added basically to stop it being a seven seater taxi to the free loaders who want to come camping, and not pay their way. Sorry but itís a sad fact that some people expect to be chauffeured around and whinge when they are told to get a drivers license and a car, this ones mine. The drawers keep all the recovery gear and compressor neat and tidy.
The rear seats have been taken out and wrapped in plastic and stored in the house, including the floor brackets.
I plan to keep this vehicle for a while, itís in excellent condition and Iíll spend a few bucks keeping it up to Lexus standards replacing the carpets and they do tend to keep theyíre value if kept in good condition.
Iím waiting for the Xmas crossiants to be cooked and sharing them with the family breakfast, so as soon they have gone home itís back in the shed to finish wiring up a auxiliary battery box for the Waceo fridge in the back.
Merry Xmas and stay safe,
Old 12-25-18, 11:47 AM
rmgs350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iamproctor View Post
Here is a picture
No pics has been uploaded
Old 01-02-19, 09:00 PM
RedSTi
Driver School Candidate

Hello! I created an account on this forum a long time ago but never introduced myself or made any posts. I own two silver 1998 GS400s. Both have black interior, one has the gold emblems. I purchased the first one in 2015 from my dad's co-worker to be my first car. I have since lowered it on Tien coilovers, and swapped the stock 16" wheels out for some 18x8 Konig Backbones. The second car I purchased last month as a donor car for my first one since the front end was involved in a crash. After working on the second one, I'm not sure I will be able to part ways with it haha. I have big goals for my cars, but I'm stuck on a college budget. Slowly working my way to what I want them to be.
Thanks for having me, and happy new year everyone!
Old 01-07-19, 07:30 PM
cheesemonk
Driver School Candidate

Question Hello!

Hello all!

Recently purchased a 2002 GS300 with a small exhaust leak, check engine light on, and brake light out dash light on. It was cheap and hoping it to last for a year or so. "Only" 180k miles on it so far. I'm having issues with the exhaust flange though. I replaced the gasket twice and it's still leaking. I purchased new M10x1.5 bolts for it, washers on both sides, but I'm used to the flange bolts being spring bolts, so hopefully I can get some more information from everyone here!

1. Exterior Color
Silver
2. Interior color choice
Black
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc)
No idea, nothing that I have seen other than the black Lexus and model logos
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer)
None that I'm aware of, I will be changing out the head unit, and by passing the factory amp with my own wiring and speakers soon. ($99 headunit, and FREE wiring harness, dash install kit, and instructions from crutchfield!)
5. Any modifications
Exhaust leak
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
Need help please! I'm not a car guru by any means and I usually follow instructions pretty well. This car needs some work (engine and tran fine) so I'm hoping to learn as I go!

Old 01-14-19, 04:00 PM
luckeygirl
Driver School Candidate

Hey CL! Im Michelle from The Bay Area and Ive owned a 2000 GS 300 Platinum Edition since Dec, 2016. She's silver with an almost black interior & 138K. Im in the process of changing the ABS module now so she can get back on the road. I plan on painting her soon a deep purple that almost looks black. Pics will be posted soon.

owned a SC400 when i was in my early 20s

current owner of:
'07 Honda Accord EX Coupe
2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid
1990 Ford Bronco 4x4
Old 01-22-19, 11:44 AM
UNCLEBUX
Driver School Candidate

Default NEW MEMBER 1999 gs 400

1. Exterior Color= black
2. Interior color choice = beige
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc)= base
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer)= not sure on that
5. Any modifications = none yet
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)= was given to me for free with 186k on it in bad condition and bad transmission which i had rebuilt did some work on my own at my job will post pics, changes knock sensors , changes all o2 sensors, brakes and rotors, valve cover gaskets, ngk iridium spark plugs, and 98-02 aristo rear diff going in soon.
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! = car live in N.Y.C
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)
Old 02-02-19, 05:00 AM
Boycetech
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who knew this forum was here

Selling these rims and tires 20Ē staggered

First time user here on the forum. So I hope my tech advice proves helpful to others. I have my own (13 years in business) mechanic shop and build custom cars motorcycles and do welding as well. I picked up my 2004 Lexus GS430 Blk/Blk premium pkg from auction in Dallas. Clean Car but it had no key so I had to pay $140 for locksmith to shave one up for me. Had it Towed it to my shop and after a thorough cleaning, a full tank of gas plus a tune up itís super decent.
Old 03-28-19, 11:12 AM
howat
Pole Position

1. Crystal White Pearl
2. Saddle
3. Sport Design
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer): Standard
5. Any modifications: TBD
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc): Love the Lexus platform. My first Gen2. Had a Gen1 and a SC300
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!: Montgomery County, MD

Last edited by howat; 03-28-19 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-29-19, 04:31 PM
Trvppizza
Driver School Candidate

Hi, i actually joined a while ago when I had a 1gs. Now Iím here again with a 99í GS400 plum colored with tan interior and 260K 😐.
I got it cheap but I messed it up with the battery so Iím trying to bring it back to life. Hope to make it lower than my Q45 is one of these days.
Old 04-01-19, 07:19 PM
Chadney2
Driver School Candidate

Default New here

Hey guys, I have an 01 GS 430 metallic silver. It's completely stock ATM. Got it as a wedding present. It was "totaled" by my sister. The rear right panel and door are completely destroyed. Anybody parting one out? Heh.
Old 04-08-19, 03:10 PM
Arkane
Driver School Candidate

Hello all,

Been wanting an Aristo for longer than I can remember and being in Australia means that these cars are scarce or hugely orverpriced, then my new pride and joy came along. A 2004 Lexus GS300 with only 44k on the clock (27k ish Miles). The car is immaculate except for a small dent in the rear quarter, condition was too good otherwise to let it go so I picked it up. Pretty much all factory, with the NAV unit and Polished wheels and perfect Cream interior (Rear seat doesn't look like anyone has ever sat in it. I've started off slowly with the mods, picked up the replacement Climate controls and double din fascia so I can start replacing the factory sound system and have also purchased some XYZ SS Coilovers that are getting fitted tomorrow. (Will post pics once in)

Old 04-22-19, 07:03 PM
MIMJOE
Driver School Candidate

Hello all,

New 2013 GS430 owner in SoCal here. Been lurking for a bit to gather info while I shopped.

1. Exterior- Parchment Crystal
2. Interior - Light Charcoal
3. Major Options- Navigation
4. Audio Options- Mark Levinson
5. Any modifications- Researching what previous owners have done. Some mods, pretty sure one of previous owners was CL member
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc). Purchased IS300 NEW back in 2001, Landcruiser, Corolla, too many other to list
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!-

Old 04-23-19, 01:44 PM
toneekay
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toneekay View Post
Just dropping in since I literally picked up this '01 GS430 L-Tuned last week. It's got a butt load of problems, but I'm slowly and surely bringing it back to life!

Sooo I ended up selling the GS430 since I couldn't track down one major issue (misfires) a while back, and picked up this GS300 today! This car is clean inside and out! No mechanical issues whatsoever!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: