ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005-184/)
-   -   Door Lock issue, and no it's not what you're thinking (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005/671536-door-lock-issue-and-no-its-not-what-youre-thinking.html)

BigManne 01-02-13 06:51 PM

Door Lock issue, and no it's not what you're thinking

The problem i am having is when i unlock my doors with my python alarm. all of my locks unlock twice. i have been searching for a while and have come up with nothing. i have had this issue for a long time. i have a 99 GS 400 with a python 881xp installed. Both front doors have dead or dying actuators. i have noticed even when i just use the driver inside door lock button. it will still unlock twice. Any help would be nice

neegroy 01-03-13 06:26 AM

i think your better off taking it back to the original place where you got it installed. i think the guy that installed it kinda played with the wires.

02Legend 01-03-13 07:21 AM

Take it back to the installer. It is not setup properly. It has something to do with the pulsing of the locks.

Debonair 01-03-13 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by 02Legend (Post 7680884)
Take it back to the installer. It is not setup properly. It has something to do with the pulsing of the locks.

:agree:

I have seen this before and this is usually what is causing it. Shame on them for letting you take the car home like that - assuming you had it installed and did not get the car that way.

mk2tmr2 01-03-13 09:17 AM

Mine do that. I have no aftermarket alarm. It started happening when my driver's side door lock actuator was going bad. Now it's completely bad (doesn't work at all) and the other 3 doors unlock twice every time I use the remote.

blacksedan 01-03-13 09:26 AM

Did you have this problem leaving after the alarm install?

Yes? Alarm is the culprit.

No? It's exactly what you've stated. Actuators going bad. I would take a look at the DIY thread on replacing the motors in the door lock actuators. It wasn't difficult at all. I only paid a few bucks for the motors vs $250 for the whole actuators.

sakataj 01-03-13 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by BigManne (Post 7680178)
The problem i am having is when i unlock my doors with my python alarm. all of my locks unlock twice. i have been searching for a while and have come up with nothing. i have had this issue for a long time. i have a 99 GS 400 with a python 881xp installed. Both front doors have dead or dying actuators. i have noticed even when i just use the driver inside door lock button. it will still unlock twice. Any help would be nice

Brett,i know your audio knowledgeable so im pretty sure u installed this yourself didn't you?

im not 100% sure but i think anytime u have a bad actuator i think they still unlock twice.....i had one of my unplugged the other day and im pretty sure it would lock twice

Debonair 01-03-13 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 (Post 7681078)
Mine do that. I have no aftermarket alarm. It started happening when my driver's side door lock actuator was going bad. Now it's completely bad (doesn't work at all) and the other 3 doors unlock twice every time I use the remote.

Good call, i forgot about this bad actuator symptom.

BigManne 01-03-13 02:22 PM

i was thinking it was the bad actuators causing this. . i did not install this but believe me the guy who did does know what he is doing. my driver side actuator has been bad since 07. i guess i should fix this. thanks for all the help folks.

sakataj 01-03-13 03:34 PM

brett text me l8r, i got a buddy who has a 99 parts car so you wont have to fiddle with the motor swap and can swap the whole assembly. he's cheap also just a little slow to get the parts....

blacksedan 01-03-13 03:47 PM

Swapping motors was not that hard due to your write up. Only tough part was getting the metal piece on the top off.

BigManne 12-05-16 10:59 PM

Okay i'm back with the same problem
1. all door locks work manually and electronically
2. aftermarket alarm was unplugged. Still did the same thing.
3. using factory keyless fob. pressing unlock once will unlock the driver door but no beep. if i try to open the door the factory alarm will go off. If i press it twice all doors unlock. All the locks unlock and the car beeps twice like it is supposed to.

I feel like it is down to the driver side Multiplex MPX module. Does that module control if the system is sensing the doors are lock or unlocked?

BigManne 12-22-16 09:09 PM

bump for any help.

lexo98 12-22-16 09:34 PM

I can't be positive but I think their is a sensor in the door lock actuators that tells the alarm when the door is unlocked