ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005-184/)
-   -   Rx steering wheel conversion to 98 gs4 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005/650966-rx-steering-wheel-conversion-to-98-gs4.html)

DosyBoy 08-18-12 03:19 PM

Rx steering wheel conversion to 98 gs4

Which RX years fit our 98 gs400's? Is this hard? I know u disconnect the battery and wait 15 min right? Anything else

Sonic_RC 08-19-12 09:11 AM

98-03 fits but if you get the 01+ then you need the 01+ airbag. The install is pretty easy. The hardest part is yanking off the original one once the center nut is removed. And make sure your steering wheel is straight when you pull it off so you don't put the new one on in some funny angle

DosyBoy 08-19-12 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS (Post 7432104)
98-03 fits but if you get the 01+ then you need the 01+ airbag. The install is pretty easy. The hardest part is yanking off the original one once the center nut is removed. And make sure your steering wheel is straight when you pull it off so you don't put the new one on in some funny angle

Thank u so much sir!!!! I appreciate it

sakataj 08-20-12 12:20 AM

OP glad you got your answer but there are like 10 threads on this matter, please search next time

repugnante 08-20-12 12:37 AM

Haha, Brian will getcha..!!
But as Yakuza mentioned, I heard that the first gen fits but you'll lose the e-shft buttons, Seeing that you drive a 400. It's been talked about....

clos430 08-20-12 12:46 AM

OP Brian is the thread police! Don't get caught slippen!!

DosyBoy 08-20-12 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by clos430 (Post 7433424)
OP Brian is the thread police! Don't get caught slippen!!

Lol i know i know, sorry but i couldnt find what i was looking for on this iphone, btw why isnt their an appreciation thread for Brian? I was just curios because i seen others for other members, i thought he was def a well deserved candidate to say the least...

sakataj 08-20-12 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by FlockoGS4 (Post 7433447)
Lol i know i know, sorry but i couldnt find what i was looking for on this iphone, btw why isnt their an appreciation thread for Brian? I was just curios because i seen others for other members, i thought he was def a well deserved candidate to say the least...

i dont think i do enough to deserve any real recognition, least not with this newer crowd plus i seem to be the most loved to be hated member nowadays and not just by members, i can think of a mod or two who really dont like me.... partially cause alot of people think im a prick but its more cause im a very direct/blunt person and people dont know how to take me. i dont sugar coat things and i dont play games but ask anyone who knows me or i have done stuff for, im actually a honest/reliable/good dude....i have done many detailed DIY's just to help out other members cause i truthfully believe we are a big family but the repetition gets old day in and day out with every new member or returning member asking the same thing over and over and over

i do ALOT for the boards on/off this site but im ok with not being liked by alot of the internet fan boys who never actually do anything to their cars. i have actually been very inactive lately and now im starting to understand why alot of the OG's lurk more than they post

str8lucky 08-20-12 10:19 AM

Brian,

You have been helpful to me. I'm a newer member. You seem blunt, which is a good trait, imo.
If members need to be babied, maybe they should have their parents monitoring their internet usuage.

Much appreciated.

DosyBoy 08-20-12 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by sakataj (Post 7433973)
i dont think i do enough to deserve any real recognition, least not with this newer crowd plus i seem to be the most loved to be hated member nowadays and not just by members, i can think of a mod or two who really dont like me.... partially cause alot of people think im a prick but its more cause im a very direct/blunt person and people dont know how to take me. i dont sugar coat things and i dont play games but ask anyone who knows me or i have done stuff for, im actually a honest/reliable/good dude....i have done many detailed DIY's just to help out other members cause i truthfully believe we are a big family but the repetition gets old day in and day out with every new member or returning member asking the same thing over and over and over

i do ALOT for the boards on/off this site but im ok with not being liked by alot of the internet fan boys who never actually do anything to their cars. i have actually been very inactive lately and now im starting to understand why alot of the OG's lurk more than they post

I know we had minir problems if u will previously, but thats in the past, i think your very helpful and im very appreciative for it man, love is love....

repugnante 08-20-12 07:40 PM

This is all so sweet....lol!
But back to your topic, why not just go with the SD wheel. Has what you are looking for (I assume) plus the shift buttons so nothing is out of place, just search to find out what you need to do with the air bag. I plan to do this swap very soon

SBlexus 08-20-12 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by sakataj (Post 7433400)
OP glad you got your answer but there are like 10 threads on this matter, please search next time

Hey man keep doing what you are doing, hater gonna hate you can't stop it. Keep feeding them until they get full :thumbup: