GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How to fix your Servo Motors! Complete guide.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-18, 10:36 PM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Correct flash9.
Old 12-30-18, 12:16 AM
slammry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so not looking forward to doing this.
Old 12-30-18, 09:54 PM
slammry
Driver School Candidate

thank you!
Old 03-18-19, 11:28 AM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default rhd aristo servos.

i too have an aristo rhd. what manual did you get and from ehom and fir howcmuch?

im fighting no heat and hoses cool. as well as mot dull cool in driver side.
rhd recirc servo behind cd player.
mode to left of cassette player. left air mix behind it.
did mine yesterday. stubby and three screws. two you dont see.
therecis a short floor air duct with a screw holding to the bottom of the blower and maybe a second screw. when screws out you will have to snap it off its cinnecting duct. ill try to post pics.
dintbforget the info on the manual
Old 03-23-19, 04:35 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Default Aristo rhd driver side servo

Rhd servo is a pain but doable with patience. The ebrake has to be moved aside. Four points. Tippy top on firewall a 12 BOLT. Push extension through touching the release ****. I used about 14 inches of extension and was tempted to use a u joint but got away without it. Then three 12 NUTS. Twould on the tunnel and one on the firewall staring at you.

of course the two panels below the steering .one with the floor light and the other with the trunk opener had to be removed.
with the ebake out now you get one of those Phillip tips from your cheap tool kit that has 38 pieces which someone gave you as a gift eons ago. Tape that tip onto a quarter socket and use you finger strength or a quarter drive socket or a quarter wrench to loosen the three screws. Two you don't see. There are holes close to the screw close in size so make sure you hit the screw.

one other thing....the FRESH RECIRC has two doors acting in tandem so the servo has two attach points on the plastic lever.
Hint the servo is squarish in shape and black in color. The screws are silvers so you can glance them.

hope this helps the aristocratic guys.. Damned EBRAKE. BTW I did not disco the cable on the brake just moved aside with some effort and juggling. Don't let tools or screws fall into the carpet or under the insulation. He'll of a time with a magnet will be required.
Old 03-23-19, 06:01 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Default Aristo rhd driver side servo

Rhd servo is a pain but doable with patience. The ebrake has to be moved aside. Four points. Tippy top on firewall a 12 BOLT. Push extension through touching the release ****. I used about 14 inches of extension and was tempted to use a u joint but got away without it. Then three 12 NUTS. Twould on the tunnel and one on the firewall staring at you.

of course the two panels below the steering .one with the floor light and the other with the trunk opener had to be removed.
with the ebake out now you get one of those Phillip tips from your cheap tool kit that has 38 pieces which someone gave you as a gift eons ago. Tape that tip onto a quarter socket and use you finger strength or a quarter drive socket or a quarter wrench to loosen the three screws. Two you don't see. There are holes close to the screw close in size so make sure you hit the screw.

one other thing....the FRESH RECIRC has two doors acting in tandem so the servo has two attach points on the plastic lever.
Hint the servo is squarish in shape and black in color. The screws are silvers so you can glance them.

hope this helps the aristocratic guys.. Damned EBRAKE. BTW I did not disco the cable on the brake just moved aside with some effort and juggling. Don't let tools or screws fall into the carpet or under the insulation. He'll of a time with a magnet will be required.
Old 03-23-19, 06:17 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Default servo gear removal

there is a little tab on the axle holding the lever. pry outward while gently wiggling the lever up. it is close fitted to its axle so it movea slowwwly.
i suggest do this before opening servo housing and of course mark position just in case. But seems moot. i figured it on my fourth of four servos. the fresh recirx. Should be the same on the others.
i took some pics and will post as soon as my other phone cools down and allows me to post without restarting. BTW i cleaned uaing q tip but was not confident so i tried until i was lucky to figure it out. There was still some residual grease but behind the points of the rheostat pins ao i guess out of harms way. the non contact part.

thanks to all before me who took me to this level especially Odinson... who gave great info in a nice presentation. Unlike my presentation😁

Last edited by Arussto; 03-24-19 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Trying to add photos from my gallery but unable
Old 01-01-20, 08:57 AM
drjraney
Driver School Candidate

Default Pictures

Anyone know why pictures wont load anymore?
Old 01-04-20, 06:44 AM
JonGS3
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Can someone confirm the part number for the driver's side servo?
Old 01-05-20, 02:15 PM
8M6
Pit Crew

Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by drjraney
Anyone know why pictures wont load anymore?
The photo thread for the passenger side was effectively killed as a result of some heads butting. I re-hosted the photos for the driver's side servo in its respective thread.

This video may help people with filing in some of the gaps for the passenger side. It goes over cleaning the servos as well as removing the trim panels and plastic duct to access the servos. It's not a step-by-step guide, but it should give a good overview of what needs to be removed and provide a few helpful visuals.

Here is the mode servo in action, where you'll also see where it's screwed in.

This thread might help a bit for the passenger side as well.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ing-servo.html

Last edited by 8M6; 01-05-20 at 03:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
drjraney (01-08-20)
Old 01-05-20, 07:57 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Default Servo in Aristo RHD

Right hand drive Aristo the RH mixer servo is close to the firewall on the trams tunnell requiring the emerg brake bracket removal in order to access the servo. Just thought Aristo folk should be aware as the E brake is inboard on RHD vs outboard in LHD
Old 01-08-20, 08:44 AM
drjraney
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 8M6
The photo thread for the passenger side was effectively killed as a result of some heads butting. I re-hosted the photos for the driver's side servo in its respective thread.

This video may help people with filing in some of the gaps for the passenger side. It goes over cleaning the servos as well as removing the trim panels and plastic duct to access the servos. It's not a step-by-step guide, but it should give a good overview of what needs to be removed and provide a few helpful visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP8fTxcHyEY

Here is the mode servo in action, where you'll also see where it's screwed in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0p6fCelQwI

This thread might help a bit for the passenger side as well.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ing-servo.html
Thank you very much
Old 03-05-20, 03:40 PM
JohnBeng
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the help! I just pulled out the driver-side air mix servomotor in my 2000 GS-300, opened it up, cleaned up the potentiometer and wiper finger contact surfaces (q-tips and alcohol), closed it back up, reinstalled (not much fun being tight and upside-down), but low and behold: the noise is gone, and it works perfectly! Just have to be really careful when you lift the clips up to open the servo--they snap off very easily (I broke 2 before learning). I once again have both hot and cold to the driver (was not getting hot on driver side). The potentiometer surface looked like it was pretty worn, so not sure how long it'll last. But at least I have time to find cheapest replacement. Thanks again!
ungern (08-23-21)
Old 03-05-20, 04:51 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBeng
Thanks for the help! I just pulled out the driver-side air mix servomotor in my 2000 GS-300, opened it up, cleaned up the potentiometer and wiper finger contact surfaces (q-tips and alcohol), closed it back up, reinstalled (not much fun being tight and upside-down), but low and behold: the noise is gone, and it works perfectly! Just have to be really careful when you lift the clips up to open the servo--they snap off very easily (I broke 2 before learning). I once again have both hot and cold to the driver (was not getting hot on driver side). The potentiometer surface looked like it was pretty worn, so not sure how long it'll last. But at least I have time to find cheapest replacement. Thanks again!
Unfortunately it looks like I’ll have to pay someone to remove mine. I’m physically unable to fit my shoulders in the cramped area. Lastly I couldn’t find that damn hidden screw, so I buttoned everything up.
Old 08-20-21, 11:53 PM
ungern
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Found this video recently, now I'll dare to try poking my servos out.
BlueNun (09-10-22)

Quick Reply: How to fix your Servo Motors! Complete guide.