GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Body Kits

Old 02-06-20, 04:18 PM
jefthim
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Body Kits

All - Are there any good quality and affordable body kits still available for the 2gs? I know there were plenty of options years ago, but for some of us that missed that train...what if any options do we have?

Andy's auto sport has a selection on their website but the pictures are crap and I'm hoping someone has some recent feedback to share. Thanks!
Old 02-09-20, 12:57 PM
Tuanville
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jefthim
All - Are there any good quality and affordable body kits still available for the 2gs? I know there were plenty of options years ago, but for some of us that missed that train...what if any options do we have?

Andy's auto sport has a selection on their website but the pictures are crap and I'm hoping someone has some recent feedback to share. Thanks!
If the picture is crap the quality would probably also be crap. Just like all those duraflex kit. Another option is to make your own. eBay sells authentic kit. Also if you know any importer shop that import cut nose and jdm stuff, they have kshould also it. You just have to call around.
​​​
Old 02-09-20, 02:04 PM
firelizard

Received 420 Likes on 335 Posts

The retail price of a Vertex kit is over $2,000 but they're known to be of excellent quality which saves you a lot of money at the bodyshop and just looks better. I would consider that good value.
Old 02-09-20, 03:32 PM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Final Konnexion has a few fairly affordable kits. I have their carbon fiber trunk lip spoiler in black carbon - the quality is amazing.

Artisan Spirits has three kits - expensive.

Aim Gain - expensive

Ridox - extremely expensive

Abflug - extremely expensive (plus I think they are discontinuing the CV kit when mine is complete) full disclosure I am sponsored by Abflug

Black Pearl - sort of expensive

Super Made - inexpensive, but not great quality

Wald - fairly expensive

Blitz - inexpensive, classic and well made

Aero Tech Rando Ryu Lux - great looking and very reasonably priced. No idea about the quality. If I couldn’t afford the Abflug or Ridox kit I would buy this one based on the looks and price.

Junction Produce - expensive

Veilside - very expensive

I am sure there are more, but this is off the top of my head.

If you really want a kit and have cash in hand, let me know - I can hook you up with the largest importer/wholesaler of body kits in the US. If the kit is not officially distributed here then you should contact RHD Japan or Nengun.

Will
Old 02-09-20, 03:48 PM
jefthim
Intermediate

Thank you gentlemen! I'm not sure if a kit is the way I want to go, but I'm debating if it's an option as part of getting the car repainted. Just a teaser pic, as I know the lighting is crap...I just got my new wheels on my car this weekend!

The following users liked this post:
steamboat1 (11-26-22)
Old 02-09-20, 03:54 PM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

Thank you gentlemen! I'm not sure if a kit is the way I want to go, but I'm debating if it's an option as part of getting the car repainted. Just a teaser pic, as I know the lighting is crap...I just got my new wheels on my car this weekend!
Those wheels look good. What are they?

Here is a link to the Rando Ryu kit:

https://www.rhdjapan.com/aero-tech-r...60-jzs161.html
Old 02-10-20, 05:14 AM
jefthim
Intermediate

They are MMR VP5s - 19x8.5 +35 w/235/35s and 19x9.5 +40 w/275/30 Nitto 555 tires.
https://www.mrrwheels.com/collection...s/products/vp5
Old 02-10-20, 05:25 AM
jefthim
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EuroWill
Final Konnexion has a few fairly affordable kits. I have their carbon fiber trunk lip spoiler in black carbon - the quality is amazing.

Aim Gain - expensive

Abflug - extremely expensive (plus I think they are discontinuing the CV kit when mine is complete) full disclosure I am sponsored by Abflug

Wald - fairly expensive

Aero Tech Rando Ryu Lux - great looking and very reasonably priced. No idea about the quality. If I couldn’t afford the Abflug or Ridox kit I would buy this one based on the looks and price.

If you really want a kit and have cash in hand, let me know - I can hook you up with the largest importer/wholesaler of body kits in the US. If the kit is not officially distributed here then you should contact RHD Japan or Nengun.

Will
Thank you Will! This is some great info! I'm just starting my research on these kits as I also search for a body shop near the Austin area. Thank you again and if I see something I like I will be sure to reach out.
Old 02-10-20, 05:36 AM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

Thank you Will! This is some great info! I'm just starting my research on these kits as I also search for a body shop near the Austin area. Thank you again and if I see something I like I will be sure to reach out.
No problem. If you look at the shipping prices from Japan, don’t be too scared - they can usually fit everything in one box, which is around $800.

Will
Old 02-12-20, 03:20 PM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hit up this site...I've gotten a few items from them. They sometimes carry bodykits, wings, lips etc...
http://www.jzsinternational.com/inde...te=common/home
Old 02-12-20, 03:27 PM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TYPEII
Hit up this site...I've gotten a few items from them. They sometimes carry bodykits, wings, lips etc...
http://www.jzsinternational.com/inde...te=common/home
JZS International has some cool things but their prices are horrendous.
Old 02-12-20, 04:20 PM
TYPEII
Racer

JZS International has some cool things but their prices are horrendous.
Yes, price is high, but all the stuff is Legit; OEM JDM, discontinued items, high-end brand (Junction Produce, Tom's, TRD etc...)...
Old 11-26-22, 01:09 AM
GS300ENTHU
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't mind me asking... What's your definition of expensive? Because a Black Pearl Kit cost 10k! Lol
Old 11-26-22, 04:15 PM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Between the kit price, shipping, installation, and paint, it’s an incredibly pricey mod for the value of the car.

stock looks best imho
Old 03-25-24, 03:27 PM
Fregiator
4th Gear

Aim Gain - expensive

Wald - fairly expensive

Will
​​​​​​
Hey man,
I personaly really like the looks of one of the Artisan kits and the Aero Tech kit. The Artisan kit ist surprisingly cheap for how good it looks to be honest and the rear bumper of the Aero Tech kit defenitely is an eyecatcher even tho I am not sure If I like it yet. They also both look like they could work well with the right fender flares which ist pretty cool. There also ist a cheaper copy of the Artisan kit in eBay. Artisan got a really Well organised website.

On the other Hand, Aero Tech...Is it just me or does Aero Tech Not have their own website? I found these two Websites that sell the Aero Tech kit tho (the second one got a short description and Reviews which ist pretty useful)
https://myjapandirect.com/product/ae...r-gs300-jzs16/
https://www.rhdjapan.com/aero-tech-r...60-jzs161.html

This is the Artisan kit I like
https://artisanspirits.co.jp/artisan...ssl/index.html

Thank you very much for the list of bodykits and sharing your opinions on them. I am thinking about buying a gs300 in a couple years (incase their prices haven't skyrocketed till then) so I am looking at how I could tune it, how much it costs to own one etc. This list gave me an Idea of how the car might look with a bodykit and where I can find some.

Greetings from germany, Theo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Body Kits