GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Street inspired/look

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-12, 03:37 AM
VIPatrick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 verry mean.
I like the bodykit! What type is it?

Problem is the gs is too slow to seriously drool along with M series and AMG Mercs unless you spend some serious $$$.
VIP is much cheaper with an instant nice look.
And especially in a Country where your are only allowed to drive 80 on the Highway i understand the popularity of VIP.
I drive my gs regulary about 140-160mph on our Autobahn and there is quite a gap int the suspension between a Lexus and a M5.
Yesterday i installed a set of coilovers (Bilstein PSS9 Nürburgring edit) an still it doesnt feel as "safe" in fast curves.
Old 05-10-12, 02:33 PM
smooth0033
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIPatrick
+1 verry mean.
I like the bodykit! What type is it?

Problem is the gs is too slow to seriously drool along with M series and AMG Mercs unless you spend some serious $$$.
VIP is much cheaper with an instant nice look.
And especially in a Country where your are only allowed to drive 80 on the Highway i understand the popularity of VIP.
I drive my gs regulary about 140-160mph on our Autobahn and there is quite a gap int the suspension between a Lexus and a M5.
Yesterday i installed a set of coilovers (Bilstein PSS9 Nürburgring edit) an still it doesnt feel as "safe" in fast curves.
I never thought of it like that but I think it's expensive both ways.
Old 05-10-12, 02:49 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Not VIP Style since - Supercharged + Wide Tires+ 4 Corner BBK + Coilovers + Camber within FACTORY SPEC = My verson of Street Performance.

Sorry Glen, Job Design kit says different Most VIP cars now adays are going towards the Sport/VIP look, hence the lambo style vents in your sideskirts and front bumper. With the 2jzgte motor available in the Aristo's in Japan, I can guarantee that there are high horse power VIP cars. Take a look at the 360Power Aristo with the Mode Parfume kit drifting....
Old 05-10-12, 02:59 PM
smooth0033
Pole Position

couple pics from TORC

Old 05-10-12, 03:12 PM
ahare
Driver School Candidate

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-10-12, 04:09 PM
SCORTIZ
Driver

Im looking at doing something that isnt really VIP, I dont want say the 20" or 19" shoot I dont think Im even going to go with 18" Im looking a some 17" that are concaved with 245-45 tires.
Old 05-10-12, 06:20 PM
LexiBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice whips
Old 05-10-12, 07:47 PM
GS3003NI
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by smooth0033
couple pics from TORC

Whats wheels are these?
Old 05-10-12, 10:09 PM
DubbStep
Pole Position

Some nice pics..... Street stance..... Nice......
Old 05-11-12, 12:33 PM
SELFMade
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SuperiorSC
My street gs...... NA-T 400whp
This is the epitome of street and performance inspired. No louvers, no over the top bodykit, no flash and no BS.
Old 05-11-12, 04:59 PM
smooth0033
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SELFMade
This is the epitome of street and performance inspired. No louvers, no over the top bodykit, no flash and no BS.
As much as I respect all forms of criticism and everyones view of things, I believe your statement should be "TO ME, This is the epitome of street and performance inspired. No louvers, no over the top bodykit, no flash and no BS"

To me the aerodynamics are an important factor in creating a street performance vehicle. I don't know what flash you may be speaking about. Wether it's the spoilers or BBK, which is necessary when you add more GO to your ride you need to counter balance that with more STOP. To me all the cars posted on this thread are all complete works of art that are fun to drive. From JeffTsai's Super GS with an engine so sexy it should be in Playboy, to 1SwtGS's one of a kind ride with custom everything or RmmGS4's beautiful silver beast that looks like it's gonna fly off your screen with that kit & those sexy wheels and BBK. No one car can be the epitome of everything to everyone. It's options and creativity and the ability to choose and build cars for our preferences that makes all these rides posted on here awesome. Now don't get me wrong Superior's GS looks very street and very aggresive let me not take anything away from his build but to me it would not be the epitome, my ride is not the epitome of street to me. The epitome of street is different things to different people. To some it may be a body kit, louvers and flash.
Old 05-11-12, 08:00 PM
SELFMade
Pole Position

Originally Posted by smooth0033
As much as I respect all forms of criticism and everyones view of things, I believe your statement should be "TO ME, This is the epitome of street and performance inspired. No louvers, no over the top bodykit, no flash and no BS"

To me the aerodynamics are an important factor in creating a street performance vehicle. I don't know what flash you may be speaking about. Wether it's the spoilers or BBK, which is necessary when you add more GO to your ride you need to counter balance that with more STOP. To me all the cars posted on this thread are all complete works of art that are fun to drive. From JeffTsai's Super GS with an engine so sexy it should be in Playboy, to 1SwtGS's one of a kind ride with custom everything or RmmGS4's beautiful silver beast that looks like it's gonna fly off your screen with that kit & those sexy wheels and BBK. No one car can be the epitome of everything to everyone. It's options and creativity and the ability to choose and build cars for our preferences that makes all these rides posted on here awesome. Now don't get me wrong Superior's GS looks very street and very aggresive let me not take anything away from his build but to me it would not be the epitome, my ride is not the epitome of street to me. The epitome of street is different things to different people. To some it may be a body kit, louvers and flash.
I was actually praising SuperiorSC for his build but if you feel offended, its the epitome to me. I think you may have taken a compliment directed to specific individual person to heart. The OP said "street race look" and to me what comes to mind is a GS3 or 4 force induced with drag radials or cut slicks, BBK and other functional upgrades but I guess I took "street race" tooooo literal my bad. All the cars in this thread look amazing but all of them don't look like they get romped on, on the strip or track. And im sorry street legal 9 second Supras trapping 160mph in the STREET NHRA class don't use body kits and neither does JeffTsai's 800whp Sport Design.

Last edited by SELFMade; 05-11-12 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-11-12, 08:41 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

And im sorry street legal 9 second Supras trapping 160mph in the STREET NHRA class don't use body kits and neither does JeffTsai's 800whp Sport Design.
1. these are not drag cars.

2. see jeff's 1st big power car (570 rwh on a bad day). Same kit as the black car above.
Attached Thumbnails Street inspired/look-finished_1.jpg  
Old 05-11-12, 10:20 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

The OP said "street race look" and to me what comes to mind is a GS3 or 4 force induced.
GS4 with Vortec SC & Cryo Spray CHECK

with drag radials or cut slicks.
when not turning left and right quckly, my strip set up below with drag radials. CHECK

BBK.
4 Corner AP Racing BBK CHECK

All the cars in this thread look amazing but all of them don't look like they get romped on, on the strip or track.
It’s tough to maintain ONE car for show, enjoy it on the street, and take it out on the track and romp on it but I do.

My car has also won 1st place show awards at Toyotafest, Wekfest, Xtreme Autofest, HIN and more, so I have the performance that satisfies my needs while looking good at the same time.

Everyone will have their own interpretation of street performance, but I just do whatever I want to do. I’m not a follower of trends or fads; I just want to enjoy my car.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-12-12 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-11-12, 10:53 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Sorry Glen, Job Design kit says different Most VIP cars now adays are going towards the Sport/VIP look, hence the lambo style vents in your sideskirts and front bumper. With the 2jzgte motor available in the Aristo's in Japan, I can guarantee that there are high horse power VIP cars. Take a look at the 360Power Aristo with the Mode Parfume kit drifting....
Thomas, we can agree to dis-agree, but there is no Wiki to define VIP Style or Sport, so I'll define it in the context I choose and everyone is free to disagree.

In the context of drifting Hi HP VIP cars, yes I acknowledge them for what they are, but MY definition of sport = Fast Lap times of which drift cars WILL NOT be faster than a true Track set up on a road course, so using my interpretation, this is what separates VIP from Sport.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-11-12 at 11:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Street inspired/look