GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone familiar with Headunit/Radio and Amp circuits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-12, 10:23 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with Headunit/Radio and Amp circuits?

The car is 2001 GS430, has a Pioneer radio with CD changer in glove box, no nav, no Nakamichi. The headunit is Pioneer KEXM-8406-ZT and the amp is Pioneer GM-8506ZT/E.

Apparently this is a fairly uncommon configuration, and I whatever diagrams for the plugs that I was able to find online does not apply to me. Wire colors don't match other models, etc. I was able to pull diagrams for the Pioneer headunit and amp, and I'm looking for someone to help me "decode" them, and help understand which wire goes where.

This is what I'm trying to do. My car was once equipped with a factory phone, that was supposed to mute radio and use left door speaker for voice. Right now I have a bluetooth kit that mutes the stereo when a phone call is being made/received, but its using a stand alone external speaker that sounds like crap. I would like to re-route it, and hook it up to the rear door speaker, like a factory system.

From what I hear, either the headunit or the amp is supposed to have a hook up just for that. But I can find it. Below are the plug diagrams for the pioneer headunit and and the amp. With the headunit, I actually pulled it off and marked on the diagrams which wires and colors that are connected to it, but I haven't had the chance to do it with the amp just yet.

Help me out here guys!

This is the headunit. I've indicated every wire that is connected to it on my car.

Anyone familiar with Headunit/Radio and Amp circuits?-x3ogi.png

And thats the amp.

Anyone familiar with Headunit/Radio and Amp circuits?-sguku.png
Old 02-25-12, 10:25 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

P.S.

The second plug on the headunit that has only two wires connected to it, the brown and light brown... If I disconnect it from the back of the headunit, it seems to have no effect at all. The headunit functions just fine and everything works. I guess that plug has something to do with the phone interface, thats no longer there.