GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Servos changed and still NO heat on driver side.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-11, 05:06 PM
ICGS3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos changed and still NO heat on driver side.

My problem is that there is NO heat on the drivers side at all...it only blows cool air. Now the passenger side blows hot air. When I do use the A/C I get cold air on both sides in every mode. And when I put the heat on all the heat blows on the passenger side only on every mode. Now my bro in law says that he changed 3 servos and he says, "the right, middle and left side" do I know what he means? No. I opened up driver side and passenger side to see atleast visually see if the servos move. I saw that "Air Mix Control Serv Motor (Driver Side)" is working, I also saw the "Air Vent Mode Control Servo Motor" is working, and the "Air Inlet Control Servo Motor" working. Now when it comes to the "Air Mix Control Servo Motor (Passenger Side) it is being blocked so I can't see it if it operating. I also flushed out the heater core.Does anyone have an idea anything besides the servos?
Old 10-08-11, 02:16 AM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is your car reaching normal coolant temperature readings on the gauge ?
Old 10-09-11, 09:11 AM
ICGS3
Driver School Candidate

Yeah it is reaching normal coolant temperature.
Old 10-10-11, 09:47 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

So did HE change all 3 on the right side or 2 on the right side and one on the left? if so he didnt change the drivers one....did he plug the plug back into the correct plug?

in all modes, does it blow cool air? in any modes it DOES function correctly?

thread # 100 million on servos btw....
Old 10-10-11, 02:39 PM
ICGS3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj
So did HE change all 3 on the right side or 2 on the right side and one on the left? if so he didnt change the drivers one....did he plug the plug back into the correct plug?

in all modes, does it blow cool air? in any modes it DOES function correctly?

thread # 100 million on servos btw....

He changed the driver side and 2 on the passenger side. and yes in all modes it blows cool air on the driver side only.
Old 10-11-11, 11:01 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ICGS3
He changed the driver side and 2 on the passenger side. and yes in all modes it blows cool air on the driver side only.
so the passenger side DOES have heat? then it sounds like he didnt actually replace the drivers side, didnt do it correctly, or for some crazy reason it went out again....

not exactly related but have you ever changed the thermostat and topped off radiator fluid?
Old 10-11-11, 12:31 PM
xtremex626
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

this may sound dumb.. but make sure you check your coolant level. i never checked mine since i bought it (didn't think there would be no coolant in there).. and it was almost near/completely empty.. so i was wondering why my car never blew hot air whenever i left it at 85 degrees on both sides.. added coolant to the full mark and now the heater blows hot at 85 degrees! i always thought my servos were messed up but it turned out to be that it needed more coolant.
Old 10-12-11, 08:16 AM
ICGS3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xtremex626
this may sound dumb.. but make sure you check your coolant level. i never checked mine since i bought it (didn't think there would be no coolant in there).. and it was almost near/completely empty.. so i was wondering why my car never blew hot air whenever i left it at 85 degrees on both sides.. added coolant to the full mark and now the heater blows hot at 85 degrees! i always thought my servos were messed up but it turned out to be that it needed more coolant.
thats the first thing I did.
Old 10-12-11, 08:07 PM
ICGS3
Driver School Candidate

does anyone know what the "Air Mix Servo" do?
Old 10-13-11, 10:13 AM
ICGS3
Driver School Candidate

I also just realized something....if you put the heat 85 degrees on both sides and press the a/c button that the driver side will blow cold air and the passenger will blow hot air.
Old 09-30-12, 02:48 PM
smalldog
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ICGS3
My problem is that there is NO heat on the drivers side at all...it only blows cool air. Now the passenger side blows hot air. When I do use the A/C I get cold air on both sides in every mode. And when I put the heat on all the heat blows on the passenger side only on every mode. Now my bro in law says that he changed 3 servos and he says, "the right, middle and left side" do I know what he means? No. I opened up driver side and passenger side to see atleast visually see if the servos move. I saw that "Air Mix Control Serv Motor (Driver Side)" is working, I also saw the "Air Vent Mode Control Servo Motor" is working, and the "Air Inlet Control Servo Motor" working. Now when it comes to the "Air Mix Control Servo Motor (Passenger Side) it is being blocked so I can't see it if it operating. I also flushed out the heater core.Does anyone have an idea anything besides the servos?
Hello ICGS3 .
Did you ever figure out your problem? Im' having the same issue on a 99 gs300. I haven't changed any servos yet because they all work (opening and closing) when I change temp and mode?
Old 08-01-15, 08:23 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

In my case was low freon. I put a freon (refill) and ready. Everything returns to work as it should.
Old 08-01-15, 09:54 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I went back to read the entire thread and I know is just a little old. LOL But I read that your brother in law had changed all your servo motors. The two plugs of the servo passenger side are equal when you connected. Both plugs have the same shape and pins inside, but the color is what changes. The plug of the servo (air mix) to the central window of the console, passenger side is Black. The plug of the servo mode, the plug color is White. I just think that the plugs can be exchanged. Check the positions of the plugs, the plugs are invested perhaps even you've seen the work are the two servos. That may be is your problem.
Old 12-14-15, 05:51 PM
01GSGUy
Driver School Candidate

I am having the same issue, I only get heat from passenger side, even the middle center vent blows hot on the right center, and cold on the one to the left of it... super frustrated. I followed all the suggestions, I took the glove box off and i can physically see all 3 servos working the one on drivers side works too.. what the heck can this be????? I am cold on drivers side... help AND YES MY COOLANT IS CLEAN AND FULL
Old 12-23-16, 06:23 PM
bratpane
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wanted to add my experience with this for people to find. After searching like crazy to find out why I had cool air on the left, and warm air on the right, I figured I had to have a bad servo (after first making sure it was full of coolant of course). I took everything apart so I could watch them operate, and everything looked ok to me. Still people said, when in doubt, change all the servos, who cares if it costs $600, do them all or don't come back with questions. I didn't change mine, but finally decided to simply flush the heater core, and now I have all the heat again. I realize that the servos do go bad, but if they look to be working try the flush. It's free and might be all that is needed.
The following users liked this post:
Olivia3205 (10-22-21)

Quick Reply: Servos changed and still NO heat on driver side.