GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Had a chance to shoot an awesome gs400 today - Team Hybrid reppin

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-11, 01:51 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuicidnS13
The guys from autofashion said that his car is different. You guys do realize that this car is not mine and its not a 98. Charlestons GS is a gs400. Also Team Hybrid has never seen Kams car at any shows, Nisei, Auto Motion ect...

Either way this car will be at Sema, will Kams? Knocking off is only if you cared to look up a car, and then build it like it. Charleston is way to busy of a guy to even come on the boards, then to waste like 20k+ on a build to look just like some one else(Makes no sense at all). He is a father of 3 kids and really is just too busy to be posting up on forums. I know the guy personally and he is honestly hurt buy your guy's statements. Once you've built a featured, sponsored out show stopper and are at his level I guess, maybe, your opinion would matter more. There will always be haters and crap talkers, but very few deliver something worth talking about, photographing ect....

But what do I know, im just the photographer trying to stick up for the poor guy. Maybe he will join the board and actually put his 2 cents in.

Thank you, come again...
Great shoots and a beautiful car. Love to see more.

Dont let the comments here get to you. FYI: Half the guys here either own a over price TTE lip or a replica one and that is consider "cool" LOL. Enough said. Before anyone flame me, my GS is stock and I like it like that
Old 09-12-11, 01:53 PM
xtremex626
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i get that kam's paint job and charleston might be similar or the same, but there shouldnt be a comparison between those two since they aint even rocking the same kit. its more of a comparison between charleston's gs and v8rdnlow.
Old 09-12-11, 01:58 PM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

copy cat or not..i dont really care. the car looks beautiful. theres a reason why we joined this community and its to share our thoughts and ideas. if peeps gonna hate, then manufacturers shouldnt have mass produced bodykits, rims, tte lips, etc then.
Old 09-12-11, 02:09 PM
SuicidnS13
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Exactly... Its funny to see that people are even hating at all. I mean come on now, he isnt rocking Megan China Coils or other china stuff(Like some haters in this thread is LOL). He went out and sacrificed and saved for the real deal everything. He goes all out with everything he does. The admiration kit alone is 4k, the paint anothe 4k. He has new Weds on the way (another 4k), custom interior starting now and talk of twin turbo'ing the V8. Heck Im actually gonna purchase the wheels on his car right now. We all know what it takes to build an awesome car. Appreciate the sacrifices

This guy is Team Hybrid, and we strive to be the best and to also be different. Kam definately isnt the first guy to paint a GS green and put aero on it LOL. Heck the car is over 10 years old now. Kam, Im sorry bro that they dragged you into it. I bet your car is awesome and much props for building an awesome car too. We hope to see you around in the show circuit or SEMA this year. You'll see our cars all over Sema.

Last edited by SuicidnS13; 09-12-11 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-12-11, 03:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,120 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Beautiful car and great photos

Exactly... Its funny to see that people are even hating at all. I mean come on now, he isnt rocking Megan China Coils or other china stuff(Like some haters in this thread is LOL).
Thank you for the edit (I cleaned up thread from comments) but ask you to watch the personal commentary please. Let's keep this polite and mature.
Old 09-12-11, 03:16 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

super clean!
Old 09-12-11, 03:19 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

know the guy personally and he is honestly hurt buy your guy's statements.
He really shouldn't be. If he's building the car the way he wants it, then it shouldn't matter what other people say (specially over the internet).

Once you've built a featured, sponsored out show stopper and are at his level I guess, maybe, your opinion would matter more.
Again, no other opinion should matter aside from the builder. I know of other members here that have built SEMA booth cars year after year and it's not always everyone's "cup of tea". In the end of it all, it's the owner's build and he's the one that's going to be driving it and enjoying it (and SEMA is only 4 days out of the year).
Old 09-12-11, 03:20 PM
SuicidnS13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Beautiful car and great photos

Thank you for the edit (I cleaned up thread from comments) but ask you to watch the personal commentary please. Let's keep this polite and mature.
Thank you for the edit. I was about to write the mods to appologize that my innerchild still comes out even in my thirties.

The rest of the picures are about to be posted up to the original post and on this page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suicidns13/6141498277/http://www.flickr.com/photos/suicidns13/6141498277/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/suicidns13/, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suicidns13/6141498391/http://www.flickr.com/photos/suicidns13/6141498391/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/suicidns13/, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suicidns13/6141498465/http://www.flickr.com/photos/suicidns13/6141498465/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/suicidns13/, on Flickr
Old 09-12-11, 03:22 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

I'm really not sure what the big deal is. This guys car is seriously hot as are the photos. It's funny because people are making comments about V8ridnlow this and Kam that, but do those guys (V8/Kam)even care if this guys cars looks similar? I mean there are tons of guys running the same suspension, same body kits, same exhausts.......who cares. I just can't see the big deal.
Old 09-12-11, 03:26 PM
sneakkz
Driver School Candidate

straight up copied.
Attached Thumbnails Had a chance to shoot an awesome gs400 today - Team Hybrid reppin-5953932701_c7f9dbb7f2_b.jpg  
Old 09-12-11, 04:11 PM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

i dont get what the big deal is. Its not like the paint is unique, its still a lexus oem color. The fact is the car looks good, done
Old 09-12-11, 04:13 PM
1lexus2c
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Silver'04
I'm really not sure what the big deal is. This guys car is seriously hot as are the photos. It's funny because people are making comments about V8ridnlow this and Kam that, but do those guys (V8/Kam)even care if this guys cars looks similar? I mean there are tons of guys running the same suspension, same body kits, same exhausts.......who cares. I just can't see the big deal.

Exactly!!! Whats the big deal?
Charleston car is clean that's all it matters..
People now a days! Sigh
Old 09-12-11, 04:15 PM
SuicidnS13
Lead Lap

Here is a quick Youtube Video of the shoot:

Also on the first post:

http://youtu.be/LtJ3TYDOUdM
Old 09-12-11, 04:18 PM
SuicidnS13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sneakkz
straight up copied.
Wow, Id have to partially agree and say the cars do look so darn alike....

But still I vouche for him as he did not bite/copy or even seen that car previously in any way. Heck Ive never seen or heard of that car and I shoot cars/fashion models for a living. Thank god he gets new wheels in a few days.
Old 09-12-11, 04:51 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Haha, if this car was black we wouldn't even be having this ridiculous discussion. The car is hot, the pics are hot, at least give credit where it's due. Similar to other members cars......yah. But at the same time, how many people on here are running the exact same coilovers as other members, the exact same lip as other members, the exact same wheels.......Seriously, aren't there bigger things in life to comment on other than somebody else's car? All 3 of their rides are much sicker than mine. I'm jealous of all of them, lol!

Quick Reply: Had a chance to shoot an awesome gs400 today - Team Hybrid reppin