GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I'm back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-11, 06:42 PM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I'm back!!!

After a small hiatus with a BMW 750i, I am back to the Lexus world. I am now on my 3rd 2nd gen, a 98GS300, 99GS400, and now an 05GS430, pics to follow wht/tan loaded with tv headrests...

It has the stock 16's chrome but I am going to get wheels soon for this. The headlights have that bad haze on them, I remember there is a way to polish them but is that the best option or is it better to get another set. They are the green tinted ones, HID.... Also I only got the VALET key for the car, so I need a real Lexus key for the car with the alarm - how do I go about getting one, etc? - MOST IMPORTANT for now....

I am planning on tinting the windows, adding a small system, a kicker 12" Solobaric L7, as I already have it sitting in the garage, so I'll use that for the time being....

Mods are setup as follows for the time being, if there is a place or recommended vendor please point me in the right direction, as I've been away for bit, lol....

Clear front fender markers, (where to get)
LED lights for fender markers, and LED's for inner light when headlights are on (Vendor of choice)
LED Tails (inner/outer) - recommend a vendor?
Suspension - prob L-tuned for the time being, I am on a budget rt now as well, so best bang for my buck here - Vendor?
Old 05-02-11, 06:44 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ur not welcome back! =P jk welcome back to the lexus world
Old 05-02-11, 06:51 PM
whytry
Advanced

What tailights do you have on your ride bro??

N THX
Old 05-02-11, 07:09 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU
Old 05-03-11, 07:31 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
i used to love that show when i was a kid....it was repeats though as it had been on the air for years before that

welcome back OP
Old 05-03-11, 09:40 AM
whytry
Advanced

THX all, good to be back
Old 05-03-11, 10:18 AM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome back...I'd like to see some pics of that and your camaro pro charger setup.
Old 05-11-11, 11:52 AM
whytry
Advanced

Sorry for delay trying to get pix up tonight or tomorrow!!!
Old 05-11-11, 12:37 PM
lexybaby77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whytry
After a small hiatus with a BMW 750i, I am back to the Lexus world. I am now on my 3rd 2nd gen, a 98GS300, 99GS400, and now an 05GS430, pics to follow wht/tan loaded with tv headrests...

It has the stock 16's chrome but I am going to get wheels soon for this. The headlights have that bad haze on them, I remember there is a way to polish them but is that the best option or is it better to get another set. They are the green tinted ones, HID.... Also I only got the VALET key for the car, so I need a real Lexus key for the car with the alarm - how do I go about getting one, etc? - MOST IMPORTANT for now....

I am planning on tinting the windows, adding a small system, a kicker 12" Solobaric L7, as I already have it sitting in the garage, so I'll use that for the time being....

Mods are setup as follows for the time being, if there is a place or recommended vendor please point me in the right direction, as I've been away for bit, lol....

Clear front fender markers, (where to get)
LED lights for fender markers, and LED's for inner light when headlights are on (Vendor of choice)
LED Tails (inner/outer) - recommend a vendor?
Suspension - prob L-tuned for the time being, I am on a budget rt now as well, so best bang for my buck here - Vendor?
Hey welcome back! Hope you got your master key situated. Are you by any chance going to sell your stock 16's? If you are please let me know. Thanks!

Also for your headlight haze, I use Meguiars Headlight restoration kit. Works wonders. http://meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G3000. You can find them on Kragen, Autozone, Target, Lowes etc. But of course, if you can afford it, a new set is the best option.

Good luck on the mods.

Last edited by lexybaby77; 05-11-11 at 01:06 PM. Reason: more to say
Old 05-12-11, 10:25 AM
whytry
Advanced

Crappy cell pix but still.... By looking at the pix does it look like the car is lowered at all? It feels a little better suspension wise than stock lexus, but I can't tell if it is lowered, it looks to be not as big of wheel gap as I recall for stock. The dealership I got the car from has no clue....

Yes I will be selling my stocks once I get wheels.
Attached Thumbnails I'm back!!!-photo1.jpg   I'm back!!!-photo3.jpg   I'm back!!!-photo4.jpg  
Old 05-12-11, 10:27 AM
whytry
Advanced

I'll try for new pix this weekend from a real camera.. N I changed out my stock HID's for 8k's and ordered LED inner parking lights, clear corners, HID fog lights will be done this weekend as well.....
Old 05-12-11, 01:40 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

What tailights do you have on your ride bro??

N THX
They are EBAY LEDS. it comes with interior and exterior tail lights! I prefer the thing white strips, in my pic i think it was the thicker ones, but i bough thin ones to replace it.

Crappy cell pix but still.... By looking at the pix does it look like the car is lowered at all? It feels a little better suspension wise than stock lexus, but I can't tell if it is lowered, it looks to be not as big of wheel gap as I recall for stock. The dealership I got the car from has no clue....

Yes I will be selling my stocks once I get wheels.
Wow u got white! HOW LUCKY!
Old 05-12-11, 01:59 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Kind of looks like it's lower than stock.
Old 05-12-11, 02:09 PM
whytry
Advanced

Originally Posted by dejavu157
They are EBAY LEDS. it comes with interior and exterior tail lights! I prefer the thing white strips, in my pic i think it was the thicker ones, but i bough thin ones to replace it.

Wow u got white! HOW LUCKY!
lol, my last 2 were blk, so I know the feeling. I do have to admit washing it tonight is gonna be so much easier!!! lol

N thanks for the tailight tip too. I like the thinner white too.
Old 05-12-11, 03:43 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

congrats and welcome back!!

Quick Reply: I'm back!!!