GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Quick Write-up On How I Refinished My Jaguar Rear Tables.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-11, 05:25 PM
toy4life86
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I Love them, but I gotta notice this stuff, Why do you still got the airbag warning sticker on the front glove department, I dunno why but when I see it on cars I rip that **** off Like wtf... I know its your car but what gives
Old 04-25-11, 05:50 PM
2GSonAir
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the positive feed back everyone!

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Great work. Just like how you need to drill holes into the seats though.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing but oh well, you got to pay to play.

Originally Posted by fuzzzz
This inspires me to do the same thing ... very nice write up btw.
Thanks, if I planned on this write up, I would have taken step by step pictures sorry.

Originally Posted by nine3es
if you would have rounded off the top corners of the wood to match the seat when folded, they would actually look stock. nice job.
Yes, that's what I wanted to do but these tables arn't solid all the way through like I thought. There's layers of glued wood and it created a hole as I sanded too far down on one corner. Good thing I noticed right away as I was sanding and fixed it with a little wood filler and once stained it camouflaged itself nicely.
If you see the tables in person, they actually fit nicer around the corners then pictured. Also the table wasn't pushed in all the way in the picture.

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
The EG in the background is way better anyway.
Thanks Mike, you know I got that Honda love. I love you even though you're a hater!

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Looks good, my little brother is a carpenter and pointed out you should've blocked it better cause you see the waves...I told him to shutup...

I spy a cusco cage in the EG...
Hahahaa... It's cool, your bother probably/actually knows what he's doing. I just went to Lowe's and picked their brains and took a chance.
After sanding, the tables were smooth and perfectely straight. The waves formed because the sides were vertical. Nothing I could do or think of. If they were horizontal, the glaze would have leveled perfectly smooth/flat.

Yes, cusco cage hahaaaa!

Originally Posted by vwynn
u see some orange peal/ripple stuff. wetsand sand 2000 grit and then 3000. followed up with polish n ur GOLDEN!
Yeah, I literally finished the tables and installed them the day before the Slammed Society car show and didn't want to totally mess them up and have to start all over so I just installed them just for now. But I am in such a fluster because I tried test sanding the trays that caught all the drippings with 3000 grit sand paper then polishing and the sand marks and cloudiness did not go away. I used a Meguiars dual action polisher with some Meguairs M105 car paint compound and it did not work. I'm guessing that I need to use some kind of funiture compound/wax???

Yeah don't know what to do yet so for now I'm going to leave them alone. I still have the drip trays to do test.

Originally Posted by SuperiorSC
those look great and they would be super functional for me... my daughter would love having a table in the back. im diggin the hanger on your headrest. did you fab that up yourself or did u purchase it? more info please. thanks.
I was scared that the tables would not be functional and not be able to hold weight but to my suprise, you can actually put some preasure on them.

The hanger was bought at my local Westminster Lexus Dealer. Thought it was cool and functional.

Last edited by 2GSonAir; 04-25-11 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 06:31 PM
2GSonAir
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by toy4life86
Man I Love them, but I gotta notice this stuff, Why do you still got the airbag warning sticker on the front glove department, I dunno why but when I see it on cars I rip that **** off Like wtf... I know its your car but what gives
Hahahaa. My car still even has the protective stickers over the door sills still hahahaa. I just never took them off since the car was bought. The car only has 60k miles, original paint from 2000 (except for the trunk, it was repainted to remove the original 400 wing) and not driven on a daily basis and I try to keep everything new. I know those stickers may bug a lot a people but that's what makes me want to keep them on even longer hahaaaa.

Should I pull it???????

Last edited by 2GSonAir; 04-25-11 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 06:41 PM
jspecdan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love it. looks great and definitely unique
Old 04-25-11, 09:39 PM
nine3es
Lead Lap

holy sheeez 2GSonAir, DO NOT REMOVE the stickers plz!
Old 06-28-11, 09:26 AM
Vandy
Driver School Candidate

nice write up and nice job on the wood!
Old 06-28-11, 09:35 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I still have the protective stickers on my door sills 13 years and 141k miles later.
Old 06-28-11, 10:17 AM
Doneve79
Driver

that is so sweet lookin! I so want to add it in my car specialy its the same as yours...
Seems like you have a front tray too? post a pic of it.
Old 06-28-11, 11:22 AM
2kwiq
Rookie

you have to fabricate that coat hanger too?
Old 06-28-11, 12:07 PM
AKS14
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kwiq
you have to fabricate that coat hanger too?
Yeah, where did you get that, I really want one, things pretty awesome.
Old 07-13-11, 04:50 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

If you dont mind; can you write a detailed explanation/ instructions on how to install the tables.

There is a quick overview that you wrote on page one. But I think I need a bit more direction.

Especially on how to take out the backing and drilling.

Please and thanks
Old 07-13-11, 04:58 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

nice!

do mine ? ill pay! haha
Old 03-04-12, 02:55 AM
Lex41510
Rookie

Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX
If you dont mind; can you write a detailed explanation/ instructions on how to install the tables.

There is a quick overview that you wrote on page one. But I think I need a bit more direction.

Especially on how to take out the backing and drilling.

Please and thanks
looks great man.. i just picked up a set of xj6 tables.. and am planning on installing them this week..install seems pretty simple, i will include some install and finished pictures..

Last edited by Lex41510; 03-11-12 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-11-12, 03:31 AM
Lex41510
Rookie

Thumbs up presidential style

UPDATE:
just installed some jaguar trays in my gs300..here are some pictures of the seat backing out, how i mounted them, and the finished result..

1: seat backing.. all i can say is, it is not easy to remove the two screws holding the seat backing in place if you are 6'2..ha. honestly just getting to these and getting them on and off was the most difficult part for me..

this is how i mounted the trays to the back of the seat.. not perfect.. but it is very stable.. i will perfect it when i take them off to refinish..

2. Finsihed result.. not as clean his these refinished ones..but im happy rolling presidential style.. now i just need to hire a driver..ha

Please let me know what you think.. this was my first DIY..and i got a great deal on the jag trays. and im happy with my results

Last edited by Lex41510; 03-12-12 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-11-12, 10:08 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2GSonAir
Hahahaa. My car still even has the protective stickers over the door sills still hahahaa. I just never took them off since the car was bought. The car only has 60k miles, original paint from 2000 (except for the trunk, it was repainted to remove the original 400 wing) and not driven on a daily basis and I try to keep everything new. I know those stickers may bug a lot a people but that's what makes me want to keep them on even longer hahaaaa.
Same here. 99 GS3, with 130k miles, still got those protective stickers on the door sills.

Quick Reply: Quick Write-up On How I Refinished My Jaguar Rear Tables.