GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What happened to Christian Rado's TTGS400?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-10, 07:03 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
i bet you would atleast you know it was built correctly

like for a trucking company or something? explain please Damion..
No, Mo and I drove it up there and delivered it to Rado at World Industries then drove back in my Supra.
Old 12-01-10, 11:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by veritek
Oh snap, that's near where I grew up!! I moved before he made a name for himself in the import drag racing scene tho.
missed this earlier sorry....thats cool what brought you down south? we moved when international paper bought hammermill. my dad retired from IP after 32 years.

Originally Posted by speedaddic
course I'm messing...LOL "y so serious?"
dunno, sorry. im more upbeat today

im serious though if i pass this to you, i wanna work on splitting the cost or something like that for the turbo kits.

Originally Posted by macd7919
No, Mo and I drove it up there and delivered it to Rado at World Industries then drove back in my Supra.
NICE....bet you had fun. knew you were a OG but didnt know you were that involved in this

what happened to Mo, i saw some of his old posts a few weeks ago i think and he hasnt logged in, in like 6 years.
Old 12-01-10, 11:57 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

well dont wait too long...I may move on to other things.
Old 12-01-10, 12:19 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

well dont wait too long...I may move on to other things.
well i cant help that they slow to email me back. they typically been taking 4-5 days to email me back...i promise its worth the wait if i dont get it. i will keep you informed though
Old 12-01-10, 07:13 PM
bigjussin
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is this christmas bonus you speak of? i must have the wrong job....wonder if the engine will come with rado's blinged out cellphone that was los/stolen a while back, lol
Old 12-02-10, 06:02 AM
cjames235
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian just do it!
Old 12-02-10, 09:43 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigjussin
what is this christmas bonus you speak of? i must have the wrong job....wonder if the engine will come with rado's blinged out cellphone that was los/stolen a while back, lol
well i been at my job for almost 10 years now and haven't had a raise for last two years till this year (actually got two raises this year so far) but the bonus help a little....although we NEVER know if we really gonna get one

Originally Posted by cjames235
Brian just do it!
i think im gonna, im trying to at least Chris. i really wish dude had sent me that email a week, a day,hell even 5 mins before i bought all those parts from sewell/figs/ebay/a couple others

BUT i may be able to finagle the $ still, im just kinda waiting on my bonus to see where im at....although i wont get the bonus till the end of the month IF we get a bonus this year

I DID get a email from him last the motos is coming with the aem and the custom harness also...so thats a huge plus.im STILL waiting on pics/specs and to find out if the engine was drained as if its been sitting on the shelf for 2 years with fluid in it, i may not want this as im assuming it will need a rebuild if it i was. also kindly requested a dated pic in it showing its recent... hey better safe than sorry.

neways im stoked bout trying to get this but i may end up selling a bunch of stuff (my BNIB TTE lip, my G35 wheels,my figs stuff,my retro,MAYBE my one and only Carbon fiber engine cover i had custom made, and whatever else i can sell to help ease the cost of this, again i dunno and i dont wanna jump ahead of myself. i am trying to get this just hoping for ONCE everyone rolls my way....
Old 12-02-10, 10:53 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

I might be interested in the figs LCA
Old 12-03-10, 12:07 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
I might be interested in the figs LCA
well ATM they not for the sale but they might be....along with the rest of the parts and the LS BBK i forgot about
Old 12-03-10, 05:49 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Hey I got a hold of chris from buddies of mine, I'm sending one of my boys over to the shop with the money for the motor. I can't wait on you man...money talks. Thanks though...

just kidding....
Old 12-04-10, 07:20 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

He was trying to get me to get it..lol I was like I have a 300 though
Old 12-04-10, 08:13 PM
cjames235
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian if you decide to sell anything holler at me first you know I want some of that stuff!! Man it would so bad *** if you got it
Old 12-06-10, 09:50 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Hey I got a hold of chris from buddies of mine, I'm sending one of my boys over to the shop with the money for the motor. I can't wait on you man...money talks. Thanks though..

just kidding....
not cool

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
He was trying to get me to get it..lol I was like I have a 300 though
you should switched and got it

Originally Posted by cjames235
Brian if you decide to sell anything holler at me first you know I want some of that stuff!! Man it would so bad *** if you got it
i will chris you got first shot at ANYTHING if i decide to sell. i started making a list of somethings i have last night and taking pics of them to see if i can move some other stuff first and get this....although i still havent gotten a email back with pics/specs etc
Old 12-06-10, 08:04 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow well my dream is dead i think :(

im gonna post up the emails i've been having back and forth.

11/16

hi, i was just wondering if you wouldnt mind shedding some light on what happened to his black gs400 twin turboed lexus?

we been talking bout it here and noone seems to really know

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post5937324

brian

Cars been gone for 2 years now :-(

NEXT...

Rob C.

lol ty for timely response,just one follow up i can think of ATM was the car sold or wrecked? he shoulda kept it that car was the business

brian

Car was in an accident. The motor & transmission are still available at a SMOKING DEAL!!
--
Rob Cardona

really, what kind of a smoking deal are we talking about? i know the motor is fully built, how bout the tranny?

if i get serious i will find out the specs of everything

brian

Probably would sell everything for $3K
--
Rob Cardona

wow...ok now you got my attention.when you get a minute, can i get the specs on the engine/tranny. AEM stand alone come with it? pics? funny i may pick this up or even have the person lined up to get it, if i dont

brian

Yes, AEM Stand alone & custom harness included. Honestly I can show you the bill for those 2 items and it was actually more than $3000 :-(

I’ll work on getting you some pics & specs if your really serious.
--
Rob Cardona

I'm DEF interested i wish i had gotten your email about 2 weeks prior before i spent $2,600 i would have snap bought this. i might have to move some things around but i should feasibly be able to get this....just gotta focus on Christmas for the 2 girls and the old lady before this though and then this hell maybe i can make this, my christmas present. lol

so yes, if that didn't sound like it, i am DEF interested. let me know bout the pics and specs....if you take a pic would you mind taking a pic with something showing the date if its not to much of a issue. also i have friends near Torrance ca when i proceed with this, would it be ok to have them check it out for me? im assuming this is where it is? if its in reading though, i actually was born in erie pa and have family in reading still,would be ok for them to peek at it.

do you know if the engine was drained or if its still full of fluid? turbos need a rebuild?

brian

OK...I ****ed up.

Chris said $3K for the trans. Not the entire chunk. Reason being...there $14K+ wrapped up in the complete set-up I was offering!!

If you’d like more details please call me and we’ll go over everything. Please note, we’re not trying to make a KILLING off this just need more than $3,000 for everything. I’m thinking we’d like to get somewhere around $5,000 + S&H for everything...Motor, Trans & the AEM Harness with Computers.

Keep me posted.

Thank you,
Rob Cardona

ok, i will pass the info onto my buddy thomas...i was def in for 3k....hell even at 5k its a great deal.

so since you didnt mention it, the turbos/intercoolers/piping not come with this deal for 5k?

brian

No, the intercooler & most of the piping was damaged in the accident. I believe turbos are included.
--
Rob Cardona

ty rob,

well, i will pass this onto thomas....for clarity can we find out if the turbos ARE included?

so what happened to this car? i mean like how did it get wrecked? any pics?

hows the new car development coming along that thing looks crazy man.

brian

that was the last email we exchanged earlier tonight

i could raise the 3k in the next 2 weeks selling off a few things but 5k is gonna be a minute more for me....not to mention S&H, install,tune,IC and piping just have to see how much my Christmas bonus is now
Old 12-06-10, 08:19 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

I just gpt my xmas bonus...guess how much? No LIE 5k!! I just want the motor, not the tranny or the turbos or the AEM

Quick Reply: What happened to Christian Rado's TTGS400?