GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Look at my new smashin' modifications!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-10, 01:48 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, I'm glad it wasn't fatal...the spinning could of killed someone...but like u said, lucky it was 12am..that ***** that hit and run will get his..your car was one of my motivations to mod my car..THAT BASTARD, let me know when u see him so i can fly down there to whoop some *** lol.
Old 08-05-10, 02:02 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by whazzzzuup
I will sell you my fenders. PM me...
i have pm'ed u twice.... no answer as of yet

i had to go back and look at your pics to see what car yours was as your night pics were dark....now i know who u r. you had one of the cleanest black onyx gs on here.

Last edited by sakataj; 08-05-10 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-05-10, 03:26 PM
Geezy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn van that sucks..could of been worse doe.hope you get better.
Old 08-05-10, 09:48 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
i have pm'ed u twice.... no answer as of yet

i had to go back and look at your pics to see what car yours was as your night pics were dark....now i know who u r. you had one of the cleanest black onyx gs on here.

I have been worried about other issues at the moment. I will get back with you later about the part.
Old 08-05-10, 09:58 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG. Look at what that oldsmobile morron did to your lexus. Hope you're fine though. This always bothers me, why people with bad car always drive badly? They always drive carelessly and don't care about how much pain n tears we spend to keep our car in perfect condition. Hate them!
Old 08-06-10, 12:34 AM
gorilaFART
Pole Position

that is smashing i must say dear ol' chap!

sheesh. hope ur ok
Old 08-06-10, 11:09 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by whazzzzuup
I have been worried about other issues at the moment. I will get back with you later about the part.
haha... yeah sorry just impatient to get this piece. been trying for last 2 years..
actively trying this last year

holler at me when you ready. hope everything goes smooth with insurance. i actually somedays wish someone would total mine with the additional insurance i carry for my stereo i could EASILY afford my newer LS460 i want. i might go test drive one tomorrow as a matter of fact (a member on here sent me a text bout a 2007 LS460 on their lot)
Old 08-06-10, 03:02 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what an unfortunate event. it's sad to see such a clean GS end up in the junkyard.

hopefully insurance will cover everything. u should get an attorney to represent any civil claim you can raise against that bastard. you seem to have a prima facie negligence cause of action.

not sure how it works in Oklahoma, but in the State of California, any hit and run that results in the physical injury of a person can be deemed felony hit and run. get a lawyer and get everything documented on the record. you need to get in contact with the DA quickly if you would like to proceed with criminal charges. the civil stuff can wait.

hope everything unfolds as it should. GL.
Old 08-06-10, 03:36 PM
V8RdnLow
Lexus Champion

damn that sucks bro! Hope you're ok
Old 08-06-10, 04:06 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

These pics make me physically sick.
Unbelievable how your car can go from nice and shiny and whole one minute, to that a minute later.
Glad you didn't get hurt.
Can't believe the vultures looking for parts.
Old 08-06-10, 04:10 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's like the lawyer's commercial (Philly area) says:

Accidents don't just happen. They're caused by bad decisions made by careless people.
(That answers the post above that wants to know why it's always people in those types of cars...they are jackasses that don't care and can't think, so they have little value to society as well, and thus little income.)
Old 08-07-10, 07:55 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-07-10, 11:55 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
what an unfortunate event. it's sad to see such a clean GS end up in the junkyard.

hopefully insurance will cover everything. u should get an attorney to represent any civil claim you can raise against that bastard. you seem to have a prima facie negligence cause of action.

not sure how it works in Oklahoma, but in the State of California, any hit and run that results in the physical injury of a person can be deemed felony hit and run. get a lawyer and get everything documented on the record. you need to get in contact with the DA quickly if you would like to proceed with criminal charges. the civil stuff can wait.

hope everything unfolds as it should. GL.
I just bought a CLS550 today. Great news: the OCPD"s hit and run division has found the owner of the 1991 Oldsmobile. It is insured with liability! I am waiting to hear back from them.

In regards to the criminal charges, the Oklahoma law may be a different from California's law on hit and run offenses. The OCPD's hit and run division has informed me that the owner and/or driver will get a $500 citation only if I decide to come down to the department to sign for it. It is NOT a felony unless it's life-threatening or unless a death has occurred.
Old 08-08-10, 10:57 AM
TonyHC
Driver

WOW! that Oldsmobile still looks intact! What was it made of? Superman steel? LOL Im glad he was caught and everyone was okay.

Im pretty sure you will be able to part out your GS well on here. Your brake calipers look like mine

It was hard to look at those pictures for a fellow GS4 owner

On a side note, what condition are your OEM Lexus floormats? Mine came with the OEM Lexus weathertech ones, but I store my car during the winter so I'd rather have the cloth ones. Let me know how much you want for them. Thanks.
Old 08-08-10, 01:47 PM
LtunedG
Driver School Candidate

dude that totally sucks, at least u guys found that car, what kind of rims are those, they are really nice

Quick Reply: Look at my new smashin' modifications!