GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Look what UPS dropped off!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-10, 09:55 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Look what UPS dropped off!

After a troublesome weekend with my taco'd, now wavy, paint chipped, flared front fender, I was excited to receive a package today from UPS-- that is, until I opened the box. Now, my roommate texted me while I was at work and said that I received a package and it looked like it had been opened. I texted him back stating that my stock grille was sent to another member, and he probably used that same box to send me his grille back in, so that's why the box looked opened already. When I got home ready with my box cutter ready to open the box, suprise! No cutting needed! The box was already open. So that's what my roommate meant. Well, now I have a useless, unfixable carbon fiber grille, and now I have to go through the whole ordeal of attempting to have UPS reimburse for mishandling the package and damaging the contents. Hooray!

End rant.

Old 07-07-10, 10:00 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Days like this, you need an ice ice cold beer... sit down... relax and breath. The worst thing to happen is waiting for something you really want so much and then it's crushed!
Old 07-07-10, 10:08 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, sux!
Old 07-07-10, 10:13 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear bro!! cheer up lol
Old 07-07-10, 10:16 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow...just wow...
Old 07-07-10, 10:36 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bummer, man -- I love that grille!!
Old 07-07-10, 10:59 PM
richie3888
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ups don't care about there packages. It seems it always get misplace or broken. That's why I always use fedex or usps. It cost more but it's worth it.
Old 07-07-10, 11:14 PM
sleeper408

I opened the box right before I was going to work on my already fubar'd fender. My blood was starting to boil. I seriously was thinking of just going to the grocery store and buying myself a 6 pack and just sit in the garage on my lawn chair.

So, anybody know from experience if I'm going to encounter a lot of red tape trying to get reimbursed for this mishap?
Old 07-07-10, 11:16 PM
bjlisiono
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dang that sucks.... sorry to hear.
Old 07-08-10, 12:27 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
I opened the box right before I was going to work on my already fubar'd fender. My blood was starting to boil. I seriously was thinking of just going to the grocery store and buying myself a 6 pack and just sit in the garage on my lawn chair.

So, anybody know from experience if I'm going to encounter a lot of red tape trying to get reimbursed for this mishap?
Depends upon the UPS investigator, I got a ***** last time and he stated that the ls430 headlight that was shipped from japan in the oem toyota box was improperly shipped. Notice that it arrived from japan in perfect condition (I checked) but it wasnt able to survive the trip from NYC to Florida. They denied my claim which I had insured for $600 whereas a replacement is $1200, they didnt even reimburse me for the insurance or shipping. Good luck man, hope UPS works better for you than for me.
Old 07-08-10, 12:49 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

UPS usually says, once you open the package, you are no longer convered makes no sense to me, but thats their policy... Pretty dumb casue you cant make a claim until you look at it.
Old 07-08-10, 12:49 AM
sleeper408

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Depends upon the UPS investigator, I got a ***** last time and he stated that the ls430 headlight that was shipped from japan in the oem toyota box was improperly shipped. Notice that it arrived from japan in perfect condition (I checked) but it wasnt able to survive the trip from NYC to Florida. They denied my claim which I had insured for $600 whereas a replacement is $1200, they didnt even reimburse me for the insurance or shipping. Good luck man, hope UPS works better for you than for me.
I don't feel so optimistic anymore. Is this something I have to take up with HQ? Or can I handle this locally? Should I involve the seller? I'm starting to think if the probability of me receiving a reimbursement is low, should I even waste my time? I know the amount of the loss is not anywhere near as high as yours, but it's a matter of principle. Of course, if things don't go my way, this wouldn't be the first time I've been bullied around by a corporate giant.
Old 07-08-10, 01:10 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
I don't feel so optimistic anymore. Is this something I have to take up with HQ? Or can I handle this locally? Should I involve the seller? I'm starting to think if the probability of me receiving a reimbursement is low, should I even waste my time? I know the amount of the loss is not anywhere near as high as yours, but it's a matter of principle. Of course, if things don't go my way, this wouldn't be the first time I've been bullied around by a corporate giant.
Absolutely worth a try, call UPS, state that you need to file a damage claim give them the tracking number. Proceed with the motions. Its your money you should definitely pursue it.
Old 07-08-10, 01:56 AM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

dang that really suck! Hopefully you can get everything straightened out
Old 07-08-10, 02:03 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree, it at least worth raising a little hell over. They're hoping for your complacency.

Quick Reply: Look what UPS dropped off!