GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

For Those with WeaponR intake...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-02, 12:50 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Those with WeaponR intake...

Hey guys... i got one of those WeaponR iintake pipe where the Air sensor is on the bottom of the pipe...

....the air sensor .. does it really matter if its on the bottom of the pipe or on the side of the pipe??.....

sometimes when i floor the car.. the car launches .. then when it gets to @ 5000rpm it like just hesitates to give anymore power to the wheels... the engine just rev's... and acts like its not going into the next gear or just like feels like its REDLining but the RPM is like only @ 4-5k....KEYWORD- Sometimes...only happens 1-5 times i floor the car...

its weird.. could it be the intake?? i have a cold airbox.. could that come into play?.... im not sure... there could be so many things wrong... just got my car back from the bodyshop... they had to take out the engine and put it back in to finish up the repair... could it be that..?? i doubt it.. becuase it wasnt like this when i fot the car outta the bodyshop... did it happen after i installed it??.... not too sure... some one plz help!

Last edited by CamRen; 03-16-02 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-16-02, 12:54 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

here is my setup
Attached Thumbnails For Those with WeaponR intake...-intake.jpg  
Old 03-16-02, 02:09 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Heres mine....
Attached Thumbnails For Those with WeaponR intake...-dscn0151.jpg  
Old 03-16-02, 02:15 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

hey... what were the issue's you were having with the air sensor on the bottom??

my engine light dosent light up... so i know that all ok...
Old 03-16-02, 02:16 PM
BADGS400
Driver

try reseting the ECU, or see if it does it in the power mode may do the trick...but other than that couldnt help you

hope you figure it out, BTW are you guys out there just making your own cold air box, or is there somwehre to buy them?
Old 03-16-02, 02:26 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

lol haha

were not just making the cold air box's ... although.. if you look @ it.. its pretty easy...

its a WeaponR ColdAir box.. WeaponR makes them.. but they make them all silver and all closed up....

Me steve and some other guys here... got and idea to put plexi-glass top and neon stick inside to make your engine bay stand out more....

And YES !!! the Problem that i have... Goes away when im in power mode!!!

But dosent Power MODE TAKE MORE GASS??? :eek:
Old 03-16-02, 02:29 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

And the Power mode damm sure does feel like it gives power...

b4 with the power mode it wasnt as noticable .. but now power mode is like ......... HOLD ON..... HERE WEEEEE GOOOOOO.............

lol
Old 03-16-02, 03:11 PM
BADGS400
Driver

I THOUGH IT WOULD BE LIKE THAT(with the powermode)

RESET YOUR ECU!!!!!

This has happend to me befor too(well actually my brother i let him run my car and he let me run his(his car is SO fast and FUN!!!!), he said it got stuck and wouldnt wrapp out, it scared me bad but fixed it realy quick, but made my car look bad went from a 14.70 to a 15.89 people though i had a 300 with 400 emblems and the reason i got the 14.70 was cause i shot the NOS that time, haha ya right!!
Old 03-16-02, 03:18 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

HEHE cool there is a EZY fix right there!!

now what is the correct procedure for the ecu reset??

unplug the negative??... leave it out for 15mins... screw it back in.. and turn the car on.. and leave it on for..... ??
Old 03-16-02, 03:20 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by BADGS400
I THOUGH IT WOULD BE LIKE THAT(with the powermode)

RESET YOUR ECU!!!!!

This has happend to me befor too(well actually my brother i let him run my car and he let me run his(his car is SO fast and FUN!!!!), he said it got stuck and wouldnt wrapp out, it scared me bad but fixed it realy quick, but made my car look bad went from a 14.70 to a 15.89 people though i had a 300 with 400 emblems and the reason i got the 14.70 was cause i shot the NOS that time, haha ya right!!
BTW thanks dude you were a big help!!!
Old 03-16-02, 03:34 PM
BADGS400
Driver

Hey no problem man, ive gotten a TON of help on here and i try to give back as much as i can, there is a big post about how to reset your ECU you can do what you said unplug the negative for 15minutes, i would do it for 20-25 just to be sure, not like it matters, or if your at work when you park just undo the negative for the day, then when your ready to go home put it back on, shouldnt effect anything. BUT BE SURE WHEN YOUR DONE RESETTING THE ECU TO RIP INTO YOUR CAR FOR QUITE A WHILE, YOUR ECU WILL REMEMBER YOU DRIVING HABBITS, AND YOU DONT WANT IT TO REMEMBER A GRANDMAN STYLE OF DRIVING,if i remeber right its somting like 200 miles before your ecu is done remembering your driving habbits

BTW: dont worry about ripping into it for 200 miles thats rediculous, just make sure you step on it till its at its max shiffting point a few times, or maybe drive in the power mode for 200miles, but i dont know if that will effect the learning

do a search people on here know exactly how to do it right, search for reset ecu, there was a poll on how often you do it and its effects ex....

have a good day
Old 03-18-02, 10:46 AM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

i don't think the gs300 has any problems with the air sensor it only for those with gs400 like myself if the air sensor is on the bottom then it will be rubbing up against the raditor hose cause it to heat up and check light comes on and in my case i had fry the sensor and had to get a new one. hope that answer your question, ofcourse to the side would be great. Stay tune through spoke to someone at WR not to long ago they will be having a new new version one piece soon with all the correct placing for the gs400 i hope? stay tune.
Old 03-18-02, 03:50 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

CamRen,

The hesitation is caused by the Cold Air Box. There is too much cold air flowing into the intake which causes the ECU to freak out and hesitate. This is a known issue with Weapon R. Their ECU fixes it because it utilizes the colder more free-flowing air....

Brent
Old 03-18-02, 07:11 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Really ... i really didnt know that...

Would S-AFC Do the trick on it???...?
Old 03-18-02, 10:19 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by CamRen
Really ... i really didnt know that...

Would S-AFC Do the trick on it???...?
Not necessarily, but you may potentially blow your engine if you lean it out to much with the S-AFC...but that's another story.

The WR ECU does more than just mess with the air and fuel curves like the S-AFC.

Brent

Quick Reply: For Those with WeaponR intake...