GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What is the fair value of my GS400

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-09, 09:44 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is the fair value of my GS400

Hello,
I have silver 2000 GS400 with 76k in pristine condition (without navigation) I had this car for 2 years, and the car been trouble free. I have all maintance records since the day one. I just bought new GX470 and thinking about selling my GS.
What do you think would be fair price to ask for my GS in A++ condition.

Thank you,
Eugene.
Old 03-09-09, 09:53 AM
MJImport
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have all records since you bought it? or since it rolled off the lot in '99/'00?
Old 03-09-09, 10:11 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MJImport
Do you have all records since you bought it? or since it rolled off the lot in '99/'00?

Hello,
I have all the records since 2002/2003.
Old 03-09-09, 10:51 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

kbb sitting @ like 10k for good and 10.5K for excellent... so i would make it in between both of those prices would be good and reasonable price...
Old 03-09-09, 10:51 AM
augdogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to discourage ppl form asking about value, but all you need to do to find an estimation is hit up KBB or Nada Guide. KBB will provide 3 different est. based on the year,milage and condition. Use this est. with the service docs you have/or not to judge your value. If you you have added equipmt, part out if possible...easy g/l
Old 03-09-09, 11:58 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

I looked at autotrader.com and ebaymotors.com. Unfortunatly there are not that many GS400 left. Mine is a little bit special because I doesnt have sunroof. It was special order from the factory.
I am thinking about asking $11.5K. Do you think its fair? Also I have 20 inch wheels with falken 452 staggered tires, do you think it might discourage some people from buying?
Old 03-09-09, 01:07 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus 4 ME
I looked at autotrader.com and ebaymotors.com. Unfortunatly there are not that many GS400 left. Mine is a little bit special because I doesnt have sunroof. It was special order from the factory.
I am thinking about asking $11.5K. Do you think its fair? Also I have 20 inch wheels with falken 452 staggered tires, do you think it might discourage some people from buying?
without the moonroof option, that might be a little too high.
Old 03-09-09, 02:46 PM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Aftermarket wheels appeal to a certain demographic (younger, male) so it will discourage some people from buying (me--old and grumpy). If you still have the original wheels, make sure to mention that as part of the sales ad.

GL and let us know what happens
Old 03-09-09, 04:02 PM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by werewolf
Aftermarket wheels appeal to a certain demographic (younger, male) so it will discourage some people from buying (me--old and grumpy). If you still have the original wheels, make sure to mention that as part of the sales ad.

GL and let us know what happens

Thank you for reply,
I am actually in search of OEM wheels. I am sure that selling with oem wheels or atleast SC/IS wheels would be much easier.
Old 03-09-09, 04:05 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

that car, i doubt is in excellent condition (less than 5% of used cars are), but if it is, don't expect to see more than 10k for it selling it privately. If it's in the next set down like i think it is i would expect 9500 or so. Dealer will likely give you about 6k on trade in. Probably not the numbers you wanted to hear, but it's the way it is.
Old 03-09-09, 04:18 PM
Maxima3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to ask a second question but do GS's have any ball park price??? i've seen same year color and model GS with a $7500 price difference (funny thing was the one with more mileage was the more expensive one) i personally wont buy a stock used car from somebody for a lot more than the blue book value, but hey sell it for whatever you feel like (seems like thats what everybody else does)...
Old 03-09-09, 05:17 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of 20's do you have? Sell those separate, also put up some pictures of this machine
Old 03-10-09, 08:37 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Wink

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
that car, i doubt is in excellent condition (less than 5% of used cars are), but if it is, don't expect to see more than 10k for it selling it privately. If it's in the next set down like i think it is i would expect 9500 or so. Dealer will likely give you about 6k on trade in. Probably not the numbers you wanted to hear, but it's the way it is.

No doubt, that this car is in excellent condition. Never been in accident, never been painted, no leaks. Plus previous owner replaced shocks, wheel hub (left) and all the control arm due to recall. Dealer trade value is $8k. If I can't get $11k I will keep the car. Since I dont need to pay for her.
Old 03-10-09, 08:50 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

No doubt, that this car is in excellent condition. Never been in accident, never been painted, no leaks. Plus previous owner replaced shocks, wheel hub (left) and all the control arm due to recall. Dealer trade value is $8k. If I can't get $11k I will keep the car. Since I dont need to pay for her.
$8k dealer trade according to who??? if it's a website forget it. I'm telling you straight out (from dealership used car department experience) you will not see more than 6k for that car. Average used car profit on a major dealer's lot is at least 5k. If they gave you 8k for the car that means theyd have to sell a 9 year old car for 13,000, which it most certainly will not sell for in this economy. At 6k, they can try shifting it for 11k, which is more likely. You have a better chance, personally, of selling it between 9-10k to the right buyer. Honestly, if my 300 had that low of mileage, i'd keep it and mod it, but an 01 with 137k with some costly maintenance coming up isn't quite ideal for the plans i had.
Old 03-10-09, 11:00 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
$8k dealer trade according to who??? if it's a website forget it. I'm telling you straight out (from dealership used car department experience) you will not see more than 6k for that car. Average used car profit on a major dealer's lot is at least 5k. If they gave you 8k for the car that means theyd have to sell a 9 year old car for 13,000, which it most certainly will not sell for in this economy. At 6k, they can try shifting it for 11k, which is more likely. You have a better chance, personally, of selling it between 9-10k to the right buyer. Honestly, if my 300 had that low of mileage, i'd keep it and mod it, but an 01 with 137k with some costly maintenance coming up isn't quite ideal for the plans i had.
I just bought Lexus GX470, and dealer who I bought my car from, was willing to give me $8k for my car only if I take their finance. In a mean time every delership that I visit was willing to offer me $7k.
Also dont forget that value of the car also depends on the location. Cars in CA is a little bit more expensive because of the road and weather condition.
I apreciate your response, it will help me to determine my car value.

Quick Reply: What is the fair value of my GS400