GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The Torch has been passed, DaveGS4 to Veritek

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-08, 08:25 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Torch has been passed, DaveGS4 to Veritek

Well, the day finally came that I thought never would. I have had the privilege of adding to my stable, one of the best, if not the best, GS's EVER!! DaveGS4, my newest best buddy, allowed me this honor. So here's the story. I have always admired the way Dave modded his GS, and his GS itself. I was blown away when I first came on to Club Lexus many moons ago, to see how many of the then current GS owners were modding their cars. Very inspiring. But Dave's car really caught my eye. It was so clean, unique, and well balanced. Needless to say, I have learned alot about modding, from past mistakes (like not knowing about knock-off kits, etc) to where I am now.
It has been a long road, and I am by no means at the end of the journey. Innovators like Dave, SocalSC4, Bluelex are always raising the bar. I finally got the chance to see Dave's car, and meet the man, the myth, the legend in person at NOPI a few years back, and I was impressed by the man, and the car. I found Dave to be humble, with a surprising sense of humor, and a really cool cat. Pretty rare in car enthusiasts at that level (I'm not passing judgement on anyone here that I haven't met, just some of the arrogant owners I've met at car shows). Anyway, some of us in SELOC went up to a VW meet Dave was co-organizing up in Charlotte, and Dave and Krista opened their house up to us. The best hosts you could imagine.
It was there that I truly got to see the car up close and personal, in a relaxed environment and the idea formed inside my head that if Dave ever decided to sell his car, I would have to buy it, if for no other reason than to preserve the integrity of his hard work. I didn't want it to go to some numbnut who didn't truly appreciate the car and all the hard work that went into it. I think it was all a part of Dave's devious plan to tell you the truth, heheh. So I made an off-hand comment to Dave, jokingly telling him that if he ever considered selling it, I would take it off his hands. Little did I know.
So the time finally came last year, he called me and told me he was considering selling the car, and gave me first dibs, and I was shocked. I gathered my wits, and adjusted my finances, and about a month before the deal was done, I got blasted with 2 big unexpected financial bombs. My son needed braces, and my house needed a new roof (thanks to a storm) both totalling over 10K. DOH!!! Dave's car was gonna be my Christmas present and birthday present all rolled into one. I pleaded and begged with Dave to hold off on selling the car until my finances could recover from that hit, and thankfully, he wasn't in a rush. Then over the next couple of months, things were looking better, but we couldn't get our schedules to match.
Finally, all the stars aligned and everything was coming together. My best bud, Tony, or CarbonGS as he is better known on here, helped me pick up one of the cars of my dreams yesterday, a trip totalling more than 13 hours total, 1 hour to get the trailer and hitch it up to my tow vehicle, 3.5 hours up to Charlotte, about 3 hours to do the transaction, eat, and catch up and enjoy each other's company, 1.5 hours to load all the extra stuff into the trailer (I'll be having a huge parts sale once I sort through all the stuff btw), then the rest on the return journey, unload, and return the trailer. It was a long and exhausting day. Major props to Tony, you truly went above and beyond. Thanks bro for your help!! You don't know how much I appreciate it. I still can't believe this has happened.
I didn't get much sleep last night, kept waking up every couple of hours, I was so excited. So there's my story. Thank you so much Dave for letting me have the honor and I will take care of her and know that she has a good home my friend. I will now hand it over to Tony, (the story, not the car) as the narrator of the trip, and antics that followed, at poor Mike's (better known as 1Sicklex) expense.

Last edited by veritek; 09-05-08 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-04-08, 08:26 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As Bing (Veritek) has already announced, the torch has been passed from one Club Lexus Member to another. Both of them OG’s and pioneers of the modification of our beloved 2nd generation GS models, it is a sure fit. DaveGS4 is no longer as he has moved on to bigger and better things, one being his LS430 Ultra and a new toy that he is on the lookout for. Don’t worry Dave, we will take great care of your GS. You definitely sold it to the right person.

Here is a documentary of events from the day that the ownership switched hands.

The morning started early when Bing came over to my house around 8:30 AM to pick me up. You can already see the huge grin on his face.

We headed over to the closest UHAUL to pick up a trailer for all the goodies that came with the purchase.

A good sized 6’ X 12’ trailer was attached and we were on our way.

Interesting Anime van that we saw.

There was a little damage on the trailer. This picture was taken for insurance purposes.

So we were finally on our way around 10:30 AM. For some reason Bing still insists on wearing these crazy sunglasses he got at Lidz.

A big peach we see every time we are in South Carolina.

We arrived in Charlotte, at Dave’s, around 2:00 PM.

Last edited by carbongs; 09-04-08 at 08:37 PM.
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Dave’s other whip.

The GS4 that we have anxiously been waiting for since December has been hibernating here in the garage. Notice Dave kept it on an oriental rug!

We pulled it out for a little drive.

Then Bing took over the driver’s seat.

Pulling back into the driveway.

A few shots of the car that never saw light. Last year this car saw 58 miles of driving together.

carbongs
Lexus Champion

Dave, Krista, Bing, and I then went to the bank where the legalities were handled. We then hit up Maxx and Erma’s for lunch. Then we came back to the house to do some work! Time to load up all the goodies so I backed up the UHAUL.

All done!! Dave, you have a garage again!

We taped up the front end a little for bugs and rock chips on the drive home.

All the paper work is signed and handed over! Dave was actually holding on really tight. He actually didn’t want to hand over the keys. The new guys!

I drove behind Bing as we left for Atlanta. Here’s our trip home!

Old 09-04-08, 08:27 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Of course, the break in race! Let’s see what this supercharged beauty is capable of! This little Civic pulled up and started to mess with Bing.

See Ya! That also means that I was fast too in the Navigator pulling a full trailer in the slow lane!

An Avalon decided to play as well!

I guess he was spraying nitrous or something lol because the GS was murdered!

Those glasses! I just can’t get over them! Lol

Old 09-04-08, 08:27 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

We stopped for some gas for the Navigator. The tape was holding up pretty well!

Gas was really cheap in South Carolina.

We made it back around 9:30 PM and unloaded the UHAUL.

All done and ready to return the UHAUL.

The GS4 is finally at it’s new home. Dave, it will be safe and sound! Don’t worry! I know he is already arranging the garage so that the GS4 will be in a garaged stall.

Old 09-04-08, 08:28 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Off to the garage!

It was a long day and we all needed our sleep. Thanks for coming along with us on this trip. For pictures of the debut of the GS4 in Atlanta please keep reading.

As some of you know Mike (1SICKLEX) has been pwned! It was the very transaction between DaveGS4 and Veritek. Dave text messaged Mike after we signed over the car to Bing and told mike that he would be at the Varsity meet in Atlanta the next day. So Bing and I played along and acted the story out. We got to the Varsity early, around 6 PM-ish. Remember this is before Mike knew and before he got there.

Some other cars we saw there.

Old 09-04-08, 08:28 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Alex the owner of this NSX. He just got back from a rally across the US.

Mike still isn’t here.

My parking pass. If you don’t buy anything from the Varsity you are asking to either get towed or booted while loitering.

Old 09-04-08, 08:29 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Mike finally got there.

We kept him occupied as he thought Dave had left the car there. We played along saying that he said something about going over to the IBM/Microsoft building for a meeting or something like that. Mike still had no idea we were pulling his leg. So Mike went inside to get something to eat to wait for Dave to get back. So, in the mean time we walked around and took some more pictures.

I’m still tired from yesterday’s road trip!

Old 09-04-08, 08:29 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

I suggested to Mike that we take pics of the cars and us together since we are never all at the same place.

Afterwards we decided to break the news to Mike. We did it subtly. Bing unlocked the GS4 and reached in to put away his drink! Mike was like, “Wait a minute! Hold up! Did Bing buy Dave’s car?” Bing said yup! The original plan was to wait until it was late and have Bing get in the GS4 and just drive off. I convinced Bing that would be too cruel and unjust. All in all it was a great prank. Dave texted mike back on his phone and said “Pwned LOL”

Then end!
Old 09-04-08, 08:33 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

In on one.
Can't believe it's sold!
Dave needs to change his name to DaveLS4 now.

Congrats on the new sick ride!
Old 09-04-08, 08:36 PM
Fat Felix
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good thing carbonGS did his own write up cuz Bing's writing style is too rough on the eyes

and congrats! the car looks awesome
Old 09-04-08, 08:36 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow....lol Mike....

congrats on new car Veritek, least the car is still in an enthusiasts hand.

dang does this mean Daves gonna work on the LS?? nice story Carbon.
Old 09-04-08, 08:37 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OMFG

sad to see dave leave us

happy she went to another good owner

jealous as FXCK of bing

hahaha
Old 09-04-08, 08:40 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on aquiring on the sickest GS's I've ever laid eyes on!

Quick Reply: The Torch has been passed, DaveGS4 to Veritek