GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Installation of Chrome Shifter Bezel Ring

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-08, 09:35 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Chrome bezel is 01+ only. I'm a pro at removing the center console now. I've done it at least 10 times.
Old 06-24-08, 09:46 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzionn
just wondering, doesnt the plastic chrome come stock?
I came stock on some of our cars but not all.
Installing mine tomorrow.
Old 12-13-08, 10:11 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok is it bolted to the bottom of the console ?? how does it come off pry from the bottom or what please explain
Old 12-13-08, 10:15 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's got tabs. take it apart and you'll find out. if you get good at it, it shouldn't take more than 10mins.
Old 12-14-08, 01:44 AM
burma
Pole Position

thats weird, when i got mine, i just stuck it over the black original one, no need to remove anything, it just clips into place and it comes with double sided tape so it should stick on well.
Old 12-14-08, 06:14 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by burma
thats weird, when i got mine, i just stuck it over the black original one, no need to remove anything, it just clips into place and it comes with double sided tape so it should stick on well.
I don't think that's the OEM or Grazzio and Co one then.
Old 12-14-08, 02:07 PM
burma
Pole Position

yea mine was the Grazzio & Co one, i think they make the OEM ones...anyway it just snapped into place, so no need to remove anything, people should try it before removing all that wood trim.
Old 12-14-08, 03:09 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol...no you remove the old trim and install the new one. The one you got is not the same as the oem obviously. Doublesided tape???definately not OEM style.
Old 10-26-09, 03:37 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

this took me litterally 5 second to due... thanks for the DIY and added partial of the wood ash tray haha simple but clean =)

Name:  3-44.jpg
Views: 3045
Size:  21.5 KB

Last edited by GS300ToM; 10-26-09 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-26-09, 11:11 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

mine also had double-sided tape and was sort of "recessed" so that it covered over the original rubber trim. i think it may have had slight little tabs underneath it of some sort, but definately just came with tape on it so i assumed stick on is the way to go.

it was bought from Elite Auto Style and marketed as Grazio & Co. I am assuming it is the same one that 'burma' bought as we are both from Australia and Elite Auto Style advertised this product on VSC and also on our local AUS-VIP website.

and i also thought wtf, stick on ****, but due to the way it is slightly larger than the stock one and slightly recessed inside, it basically covers right over it. i was a bit suspicious of it though when it came in a plain white box and had no documentation or anything with it, but it looks good so i am happy enough!

anyone got a picture of the ones they are on about with the 'tabs'?
do these 'oem style' ones come without any tape, so they literally have to clip in to place? i'm guessing i did the one i got right by sticking it on cause it came with tape around it...
Old 10-26-09, 11:25 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Mine didn't have tape at all. I had to remove the OEM black trim. I installed it by removing the wooden console. Couldn't really tell the difference between the 01+ bezel to be honest.
Old 10-26-09, 11:38 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by [ant]
mine also had double-sided tape and was sort of "recessed" so that it covered over the original rubber trim. i think it may have had slight little tabs underneath it of some sort, but definately just came with tape on it so i assumed stick on is the way to go.

it was bought from Elite Auto Style and marketed as Grazio & Co. I am assuming it is the same one that 'burma' bought as we are both from Australia and Elite Auto Style advertised this product on VSC and also on our local AUS-VIP website.

and i also thought wtf, stick on ****, but due to the way it is slightly larger than the stock one and slightly recessed inside, it basically covers right over it. i was a bit suspicious of it though when it came in a plain white box and had no documentation or anything with it, but it looks good so i am happy enough!

anyone got a picture of the ones they are on about with the 'tabs'?
do these 'oem style' ones come without any tape, so they literally have to clip in to place? i'm guessing i did the one i got right by sticking it on cause it came with tape around it...
Originally Posted by GSteg
Mine didn't have tape at all. I had to remove the OEM black trim. I installed it by removing the wooden console. Couldn't really tell the difference between the 01+ bezel to be honest.
when i did my console lights i cracked mine so i ordered one from sewell. mine DIDNT have any tape either and its the oem one. peter had to do ALOT of searching to find it though.

just a moment to say ty sewell lexus for all u have done btw
Old 10-26-09, 11:40 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

hm perhaps it was 'optional' with my one, tape or clip in cause i do remember it had some small tab like things under it, it wasnt just 'plain' with tape underneath.

i've emailed Elite Auto Style anyway :P if mine is meant to be clipped in i'm going to get it off and re-install tonight! damn tape threw me!
Old 10-26-09, 11:45 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by [ant]
hm perhaps it was 'optional' with my one, tape or clip in cause i do remember it had some small tab like things under it, it wasnt just 'plain' with tape underneath.

i've emailed Elite Auto Style anyway :P if mine is meant to be clipped in i'm going to get it off and re-install tonight! damn tape threw me!
mine had some small support tabs on the bottom but again no tape....

man im up late
Old 10-27-09, 03:21 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

well i pulled my console apart and had a look. certainly the chrome bezel i got hasnt any tabs like the stock item. it is quite deep as i say so i think it is designed to stick on as ive done it.

it is meant to be genuine grazio, and looking at the grazio site it doesnt look like the image on the site has any tabs or anything either. so maybe the new grazio ones are just stick on type?

Quick Reply: Installation of Chrome Shifter Bezel Ring