GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My Car gets stolen from a LEXUS dealership

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-08, 12:40 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh btw, I didnt feel like reading all the posts, did he mention the NAME of the dealership?????????
Old 06-02-08, 07:24 AM
-Future-
Pole Position

this whole thing is just messed up! Keep us posted.
Old 06-02-08, 10:06 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that's crazy
Old 06-02-08, 10:19 AM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1) The dealer did not do the right thing from the start. Should have given you a loaner; should have been in contact earlier and more frequently
2) There is no reason to assume they are going to do the right thing going forward
3) Apply pressure where you can without being anatagonistic.
4) Figure out what your car was really worth and figure out what how much you need to get to walk away from the situation (i.e. a fair deal)
5) Hiring a lawyer escalates the issue but is sometimes necessary to get any justice. BTW small claims court in CA is $70 with no lawyers allowed in court.
6) You may want to name the dealer so other CL members are informed before dropping off their cars.
Old 06-02-08, 12:17 PM
iGOTlexy
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=JeffTsai;3566766]Most likely he's gonna jump ship and get a BMW or Benz lol. If the dealership still brickwalls you and Lexus NA doesn't do anything. I'd say take it to the news and get them to do a report. That usually gets the corporate asses squirming.

QUOTE]

+1 gl man
Old 06-02-08, 02:49 PM
barry gershinzo
Rookie

call a lawyer, when you gave them the car you created a bailment, there are specific remidies for this contractual relationship that any judge would be happy to enforce.
Old 06-02-08, 03:22 PM
rra640
Driver

Originally Posted by barry gershinzo
call a lawyer, when you gave them the car you created a bailment, there are specific remidies for this contractual relationship that any judge would be happy to enforce.
Bailment is 100% correct. Do a google search on it and you will understand it. Their words on their work order probably won't stand up in court.

Try sending them a letter spelling out your damages and mention "bailment" in the letter. Give them 15 days to respond with payment or you will file suit. They will try to bully you because most people just get scared and go away.

Also mention to the GM that you are in contact with the local media. Does you city have any of those "on your side reporters?"

Good luck!
Old 06-02-08, 11:23 PM
igoslow
Driver School Candidate

[/QUOTE]

Also mention to the GM that you are in contact with the local media. Does you city have any of those "on your side reporters?"

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Good questions I will find out.
Old 06-03-08, 09:03 AM
IMXCITD
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I would definetly get an attorney on retainer and have a letter drafted and sent to the dealership. Mention lawsuit and local media. We have a news station here that fights for the little guy....maybe you have one there? I think you will prevail.
Old 06-23-08, 10:03 PM
trusso
Pole Position

did you ever get any resolution to this???
Old 06-24-08, 09:50 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

The dealer's name as stated on post 1..is Lexus of Las Vegas correct?
Old 06-24-08, 12:04 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I bet this was an inside job.
Old 06-24-08, 11:40 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Update # 3

FUDGE IT. After reading alot of you guys post I'm going tp get off my nice horse and get on a little angrier one. I just changed the timing/water pump/2 front wheel bearings/ two lower ball joints/ and abs senor. GM said he couldn't reimburse me because that's just maintenance that has to be done to keep driving the car. . All replaced before i drove my car from Texas to Vegas.. so about 3000 miles ago. But now that i think about it. THAT'S BS. He should reimburse for parts and the labor i put in. If it wasn't for his dealership than all that money wouldn't have been lost. Not to mention all my stuff in the car.. Will keep you guys updated...[/QUOTE]

What if everyone that posted here called the GM and asked him if it's standard policy to have your car stolen from his dealership? I bet after 10-15 calls he may decide to be more involved in the process of helping rather than making excuses to better the bottom line.
not that this is correct to do, reflects an opinion of TRUSSO or should be recognized in any way as an "idea", "consideration" or "recommendation"
Old 06-24-08, 11:42 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IMXCITD
I would definetly get an attorney on retainer and have a letter drafted and sent to the dealership. Mention lawsuit and local media. We have a news station here that fights for the little guy....maybe you have one there? I think you will prevail.
retainer? someone takes this on contingency ...
Old 06-25-08, 06:40 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Who leaves keys inside a car..the dealers here have a safe for keys..

Quick Reply: My Car gets stolen from a LEXUS dealership