GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My car.. stock! (the good ol' day's!)

Old 04-26-08, 10:56 PM
1GStoEnvyold
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice ride man
Old 04-27-08, 11:53 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by hurricane
car looks awesome .. would like to see more pixs if available

thanks man ill post some more pics up!
Old 04-27-08, 11:53 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Originally Posted by BippuPxr
I am in love with your lights .. foggs too DAMN !

Car has came along way ... Glad you got to make this thread and get to show it off , More members ddin't get to see the whole build ... I have made too many changes myself ... glad to see all the hard work has paid off

James
haha thanks man the fogs were a ***** to put in and i really cant belive how my car looks today i just cant believe how much i put in!
Old 04-27-08, 05:44 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

don't take it personal, just my opinion, but the black wood doesn't look right with the ivory interior and stock colored center. the table is, uh, different too.
Old 04-27-08, 07:29 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It has changed a lot over the years. Keep the mods coming...
Old 04-27-08, 10:36 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Originally Posted by chuckb

don't take it personal, just my opinion, but the black wood doesn't look right with the ivory interior and stock colored center. the table is, uh, different too.
oh i wasn't done with the black wood int. ive got the center in blackwood, i took a few pics as i was changing it out.. and im waiting for my black int to come in
Old 04-27-08, 10:37 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Originally Posted by bluelex
It has changed a lot over the years. Keep the mods coming...
thanks bro i take that to heart because ive seen your car change tremendously as well! haha and no homo!
Old 04-28-08, 12:45 AM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you get the aristo blackwood center console piece too? I remember henry's blackwood interior wasn't the 4 button one..
Old 04-28-08, 07:01 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so seriously though. 1 question. is you or is you not japanese? those headlights do look nice but i think they look better on the q or the presidente. i almost bought that table a hundred times over and now i am glad i didnt... nice body kit and nav screen... i like the whole vip thing, just remember a little vip goes a long way...

~bbr
Old 04-28-08, 08:47 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Originally Posted by milky
did you get the aristo blackwood center console piece too? I remember henry's blackwood interior wasn't the 4 button one..
you are right he told me that there was a template i could cut the two center buttons out, but theres nothing so im going to carefully cut out two more holes for my heated seats!
Old 04-28-08, 08:50 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Originally Posted by sojah
so seriously though. 1 question. is you or is you not japanese? those headlights do look nice but i think they look better on the q or the presidente. i almost bought that table a hundred times over and now i am glad i didnt... nice body kit and nav screen... i like the whole vip thing, just remember a little vip goes a long way...

~bbr
haha im def not Japanese, and i do want my car to look different, and how could you have bought that table a hundred times or thought about it if they just came out for left hand drive cars it was a direct bolt on none of that bs to flip it or what not.. and your right, thats why i dont do curtains ( about a little vip goes a long way) thats why i bought one of the most subtle looking kits out there
Old 04-28-08, 09:57 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i am not sure about that table just coming out, i've got vip mags from 06 (06 for sure and maybe even 05 if i think about it real hard) that have them in it near the back (or front in the u.s.) that say right or left hand drive... ur kit is nice and subtle,,, i was thinking about the wald executive or sports (i forget which) kit for a while cuz it is subtle/ vip and cheap. ur jp one is crazy expensive. when i had my nissan gloria (m35) with the aimgain kit in j-pan i spent more replacing pieces and getting them repainted then i initially did on the kit itself.

what about you??? how much have you spent on just replacing the various pieces + paint...?

i spent like 3K for the kit + the custom paint the first go round and at least 4K in the 2 years following keeping the custom paint and pieces new... i guess i shouldn't have tried to slide around so many corners now that i think about it. the suspension was also a costly upgrade that had many additional things needing to be replaced or added that i was not aware of when i made the initial purchase + install.

my wife won't let me drop like 5k on the suspension + kits anymore. but i think my next car will def. have to have them again, i'll just confuse her and make her think that the car comes with that stuff if i get it installed soon after the purchase... i'll use some good trickery next go round'.

Last edited by sojah; 04-28-08 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-28-08, 10:02 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Originally Posted by sojah
i am not sure about that table just coming out, i've got vip mags from 06 (06 for sure and maybe even 05 if i think about it real hard) that have them in it near the back (or front in the u.s.) that say right or left hand drive... ur kit is nice and subtle,,, i was thinking about the wald executive kit for a while cuz it is subtle/ vip and cheap. ur jp one is crazy expensive. when i had my nissan gloria (m35) with the aimgain kit in j-pan i spent more replacing pieces and getting them repainted then i initially did on the kit itself.

what about you??? how much have you spent on just replacing the various pieces + paint...?

i spent like 3K for the kit + the custom paint the first go round and at least 4K in the 2 years following keeping the custom paint and pieces new... i guess i shouldn't have tried to slide around so many corners now that i think about it. the suspension was also a costly upgrade that had many additional things needing to be replaced or added that i was not aware of when i made the initial purchase + install.

my wife won't let me drop like 5k on the suspension + kits anymore. but i think my next car will def. have to have them again, i'll just confuse her and make her think that the car comes with that stuff if i get it installed soon after the purchase... i'll use some good trickery next go round'.
well as a whole ive spend alot over the past 5 years over crazy ****, to be honest ive spent 17k with the turbo (price w/o the car) ive always paid off my stuff so i dont have any car payments on anything and for the kit and paint with fogs and little accessories from JP (thanks so high society) they gave me a stupid deal on a JP kit so i couldnt say no i think i might have paid 4300 for all of that which was awesome
Old 04-28-08, 10:04 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

oh and to answer your q ive just repainted it once.. nothing ever fell off or anything, it is more expensive but it isnt a lip kit-- its a full bumper front rear sides and door panels..
Old 04-28-08, 10:27 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah mine in japan was a full kit at one point but i kept hitting curbs either on the side from doing silly stuff or on the front from pulling up to far, and once in the back from parking with the rear hanging out into a side street and i thought there is no way another car will hit mine for sticking out in the street about 6 inches. oh man was i wrong about that one...

you've never cracked or chipped or broke, or just bottomed out and had to repair or replace any of your pieces huh? you must either be a really good driver or be lucky enough to live in a place with flat roads and no pot holes or dips or small curbs going into businesses or driveways. maybe mine was just to low to the ground with the 2 inch drop and body kit... hmmm.... now i feel like a dumbass.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My car.. stock! (the good ol' day's!)