GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
Old 12-12-14, 04:02 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

air ride install is done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-08, 05:45 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toeb
its great isnt it? the instructions are on the UAS web site, go to the home page, go to on road systems, then go click on the support icon up @ the top of the page and everything you need to know about that system is all there. sorry if it doesnt help you now, but better late than never!!!!
I just looked on the site again. Theres no model specific info. None the less. Its done, supramangs and the chicks dig it. Nuff said
Old 03-31-08, 05:57 PM
wrxgs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks really nice now...glad things worked out for you
Old 03-31-08, 08:32 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by twojayzee
I just looked on the site again. Theres no model specific info. None the less. Its done, supramangs and the chicks dig it. Nuff said
Sorry Bro, I didnt know that you were wanting the model specific. Yeah they dont have that for the gs. my bad!
Old 04-03-08, 02:19 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is originally where i was hoping i could get to with a 20 inch wheel:

(thank you rdubz even though youll probably never realize i just wh0red your pic)

thats airrunner on rdubz gs. is this height possible with the UAS/tein csv2 combo (all bumpstops/bushing removed, front uas bracket cut & 1 cs perch removed as previously suggested)...along with a barely aggressive 20x8.5 34/20x9.5 34 set of wheels running 235/30 & 255/30 fk452s? if i bumped the tires to 245/35 & 275/30 fk452 for a little extra padding to protect these damn wheel lips from ny roads is that going to cause a problem with those offsets and non modded fenders? sorry to threadjack again toeb but its all for a good cause...
Old 04-03-08, 06:23 AM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
this is originally where i was hoping i could get to with a 20 inch wheel:

(thank you rdubz even though youll probably never realize i just wh0red your pic)

thats airrunner on rdubz gs. is this height possible with the UAS/tein csv2 combo (all bumpstops/bushing removed, front uas bracket cut & 1 cs perch removed as previously suggested)...along with a barely aggressive 20x8.5 34/20x9.5 34 set of wheels running 235/30 & 255/30 fk452s? if i bumped the tires to 245/35 & 275/30 fk452 for a little extra padding to protect these damn wheel lips from ny roads is that going to cause a problem with those offsets and non modded fenders? sorry to threadjack again toeb but its all for a good cause...

with those offsets, fender mods will be needed. check your pm i sent you some info. dont worrie about jackin the thred thats why i posted it up to help thoes peeps out there doin air that have ?'s
Old 04-03-08, 07:39 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

^that car looks puss. I like the less agressive offsets better.
I'de like to see other side and front shots of that car.
Old 04-03-08, 08:51 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

^that car looks puss. I like the less agressive offsets better.
I'de like to see other side and front shots of that car.

drop me a PM and ill link you up to an old thread with more pics of that car... but what exactly did you mean by what you said? you think it looks better if the wheels are more sunk in and not as flush as the ones on that black gs? couldn't disagree more but everyone has their tastes.

ps...im really sorry to go OT here...but every time i see your screen name all i can think of is this pic:

Last edited by upstateGS4; 04-03-08 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-03-08, 08:57 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
drop me a PM and ill link you up to an old thread with more pics of that car... but what exactly did you mean by what you said? you think it looks better if the wheels are more sunk in and not as flush as the ones on that black gs? couldn't disagree more but everyone has their tastes.

ps...im really sorry to go OT here...but every time i see your screen name all i can think of is this pic:
Puss = good, sweet, loves it, sick, etc... I think it looks awsome as it sits. I like tucked wheels that dont have alot of camber. I modded my upper and lower arms on my 1gs so I only have -1deg and it only sits 2.5" off the ground.

EDIT: oh and that pic always makes me laugh
Old 04-03-08, 12:04 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Puss = good, sweet, loves it, sick, etc... I think it looks awsome as it sits. I like tucked wheels that dont have alot of camber. I modded my upper and lower arms on my 1gs so I only have -1deg and it only sits 2.5" off the ground.

EDIT: oh and that pic always makes me laugh
ha. see. learn somethin new every day. check your pm for the link.
Old 04-03-08, 09:14 PM
Neo300
Lead Lap

I've been rocking my UAS setup for almost a week now. There is one thing that I'm not happy with, and thats the 'all the way down' in the front... I still got about a finger finger and a half gap. All bump stops are removed. I was thinking about hacking off the top hat (where the rubber bushing sits in) and that may give me about another inch drop. The only bad thing is that I'm afraid that this may interfere with the bag itself. Another option is roll center adapters. That is what I'd ideally want, but don't know where to order them from. Anybody got any insight to my dilemma?
Old 04-04-08, 05:36 AM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Neo300
I've been rocking my UAS setup for almost a week now. There is one thing that I'm not happy with, and thats the 'all the way down' in the front... I still got about a finger finger and a half gap. All bump stops are removed. I was thinking about hacking off the top hat (where the rubber bushing sits in) and that may give me about another inch drop. The only bad thing is that I'm afraid that this may interfere with the bag itself. Another option is roll center adapters. That is what I'd ideally want, but don't know where to order them from. Anybody got any insight to my dilemma?
you still got that much gap ? what size wheels are you running? and did you grind the small stop on the strut rod so it would slide through the top plate on the bag? my 20 is tucked and front bumper sits about 2.5 to 3" off the ground when dumped. hit me back!!
Old 04-04-08, 05:47 AM
Neo300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by toeb
you still got that much gap ? what size wheels are you running? and did you grind the small stop on the strut rod so it would slide through the top plate on the bag? my 20 is tucked and front bumper sits about 2.5 to 3" off the ground when dumped. hit me back!!
Up front Im running 19x9's with 225-40-19 with a +40 offset.
I did grind down that top part of the strut so the bag can slide through. I'd take a picture, but my digi cam took a crap a few days ago. As soon as I get a cam from a friend of mine, I'll post up some pics.

By the way, thanks for calling me up last Saturday night to help me with that snag I had with my install!! You rock Toeb!
Old 04-04-08, 06:46 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Default My UAS Kit

Here is a picture of mine all done not a good pic but a pic. I did nothing fancy and this is how lot it goes on 20's.

Ben

The front would go lower, but the upper controle arm is hitting the body. I may take a hole saw to it and see if it will go lower.

Ben
Old 04-04-08, 04:17 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Burton
Here is a picture of mine all done not a good pic but a pic. I did nothing fancy and this is how lot it goes on 20's.

Ben

The front would go lower, but the upper controle arm is hitting the body. I may take a hole saw to it and see if it will go lower.

Ben
what set up are you on? and what did you do to get the rear to drop that low? my front is lower than that but the rear fender sits just on the edge of the wheel. it looks like you tucking about an inch of wheel that s*** is hawt!!
Old 04-05-08, 01:36 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

looking good
!!

Quick Reply: air ride install is done!!!!