GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
Old 12-12-14, 04:02 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

air ride install is done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-08, 02:27 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toeb
well guys alittle update on the new set up! been driving it around for a few days now everything is good and working properly. had a leak or 2 but thoes have been taking care of. now that ive had a little time to get used to it "I FREAKING LOVE IT MAN" the looks you get @ stoplights when you dump it LOL it priceless!!! it takes me back to when i had my monti C & my 63 impala both of thoes had hydro's on them. it was so much fun!!!! this air setup is worth it, the ride is nice the performance in on point (hardly no body roll). i've even had her back on the road @ some high HWY speeds this weekend with no issues or concerns @ all (except the po-po). for you guy out there that have been thinking about airride DO IT!!!!
You mean Universal Air suspension , This is how went under $$$$ by telling the shop by mistake ..he used airride technologies which is a company for domestic cars....

Glad to hear you love it though ... make a movie of the system .. and speeds... so all of Cl can enjoy it
Old 03-18-08, 04:36 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BippuPxr
You mean Universal Air suspension , This is how went under $$$$ by telling the shop by mistake ..he used airride technologies which is a company for domestic cars....

Glad to hear you love it though ... make a movie of the system .. and speeds... so all of Cl can enjoy it
what do you mean? who went under? and whos on airride technologies? i would like to make a video, it would cool. i got the car claybar'd and waxed last night hope to take pics tomarrow if the weather holds off.
Old 03-18-08, 04:58 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Car looks awesome! Very nice job on the install. I was looking at that UAS kit for a very very long time. I was searching around for installs and came across this one.

Out of curiosity, what other extras did you need to get? I think you mentioned a few but I may have missed them.
Old 03-18-08, 08:20 PM
Neo300
Lead Lap

Still not finished . My friends and I ran into a little snag. One of the front struts had a cross-threaded nylock nut on it (cross-threaded from the factory) and it ended up snapping over half the threads off, thus rendering the shock useless. So, I ordered a new front shock from the Lexus dealership (thank God I know a tech that works there... he got me a new shock AT COST, for $51 ... compared to the $115 they normally go for). I will be getting back to the install this Saturday... I can't wait!!!
Old 03-26-08, 10:26 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Updates ?? Neo ...

Also ( I ) was originally on airride Tech ... had an installer who was useless try to custom make something work for my car .... results in 3 blown bags .. and blowing once going 80 on freeway ... ;/

I changed to UAS and have been satisfied ever since
Old 03-31-08, 09:15 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just installed a UAS kit on a 2gs this weekend. Im disapointed with the lack of instructions. I consider myself very mechanicaly inclined. Custom fabbing cars and suspension etc for the last 17yrs.
This kit was a real biotch.
I worked from 6pm till 2 am on friday night/sat morning. Then just after noon on saturday till 2am sunday/ then 7am sunday till 10pm last night.
We had to go to lowes and get some misc brass fittings that were missing.

I would like to see how the OP ran his lines. I routed them thru the rocker panels which worked sweet but had some bends at the front and back. Anywhere the lines came in contact with metal I sleeved the hose with rubber heater hose or vacuum line and ziptied them with the monster zips that police use to cuff hands.

Custom mounted the dakota digital gauge in the ash tray and mounted the switches in the cup holder. There was some cutting necessary.

This kit came with two 3gal tanks in lieu of one larger for some crappy reason. The kit uses the 480 pumps which are sweet but still take a while to charge.

Just like another photo seen earlier in the thread I modded the rear top hat, funny since ours look similar but I had never any other photos nor instructions. I had the swivel 90's on there but found that the strait ones worked better.

I used the soft rubber lines with a female to female adapter and a straight coupler out.

The tanks were linked with the swivel 90's.

So glad its done, and the owner is happy.
Old 03-31-08, 10:00 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

sh!7 ya I'm happy.

i rolled to the mcdonalds drive thru for a late nite mcflurry n hit the front down and the mexikid in there was like oooooooo snaaaaap.

xtra oreos FTW thats wats up

no but really i'm lovin it. once we get the front more slammed and the rear cambered then i'll be steady like teddy!!
Old 03-31-08, 10:17 AM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by twojayzee
I just installed a UAS kit on a 2gs this weekend. Im disapointed with the lack of instructions. I consider myself very mechanicaly inclined. Custom fabbing cars and suspension etc for the last 17yrs.
This kit was a real biotch.
I worked from 6pm till 2 am on friday night/sat morning. Then just after noon on saturday till 2am sunday/ then 7am sunday till 10pm last night.
We had to go to lowes and get some misc brass fittings that were missing.

I would like to see how the OP ran his lines. I routed them thru the rocker panels which worked sweet but had some bends at the front and back. Anywhere the lines came in contact with metal I sleeved the hose with rubber heater hose or vacuum line and ziptied them with the monster zips that police use to cuff hands.

Custom mounted the dakota digital gauge in the ash tray and mounted the switches in the cup holder. There was some cutting necessary.

This kit came with two 3gal tanks in lieu of one larger for some crappy reason. The kit uses the 480 pumps which are sweet but still take a while to charge.

Just like another photo seen earlier in the thread I modded the rear top hat, funny since ours look similar but I had never any other photos nor instructions. I had the swivel 90's on there but found that the strait ones worked better.

I used the soft rubber lines with a female to female adapter and a straight coupler out.

The tanks were linked with the swivel 90's.

So glad its done, and the owner is happy.

sorry to here you had so much trouble with the install. i had some fittings and about 12 feet of airline left over. also it depends on how you plumed the valves up to, we ran 2 lines to the front so if a bag happens to blow out ill still be able to get off the road. all the instructions you would have needed are aval. on the UAS web site as a free download!!

give it about a week and recheck all your lines for leaks.

goodluck
Toby
Old 03-31-08, 10:18 AM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SupermanGS
sh!7 ya I'm happy.

i rolled to the mcdonalds drive thru for a late nite mcflurry n hit the front down and the mexikid in there was like oooooooo snaaaaap.

xtra oreos FTW thats wats up

no but really i'm lovin it. once we get the front more slammed and the rear cambered then i'll be steady like teddy!!
welcome to the AIR CLUB bro. your gonna have a blast with it now and deff turn some heads!!!!
Old 03-31-08, 10:25 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to here you had so much trouble with the install. i had some fittings and about 12 feet of airline left over. also it depends on how you plumed the valves up to, we ran 2 lines to the front so if a bag happens to blow out ill still be able to get off the road. all the instructions you would have needed are aval. on the UAS web site as a free download!!

give it about a week and recheck all your lines for leaks.

goodluck
Toby
I ran the valves the same way. No extra fittings tho, a few missing ones. I suspect cause there is two tanks instead of one.
We looked here http://www.universalairsuspension.co...ad/support.php for instructions, but I dont see anything that would have helped. Please tell me im just missing them. Ill be really embarassed.

welcome to the AIR CLUB bro. your gonna have a blast with it now and deff turn some heads!!!!
Already turned a few. Pullin out of the gas station, some guy in a caddy damn near broke his neck whippen out the window when he saw the car drop.
Old 03-31-08, 10:39 AM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by twojayzee
I ran the valves the same way. No extra fittings tho, a few missing ones. I suspect cause there is two tanks instead of one.
We looked here http://www.universalairsuspension.co...ad/support.php for instructions, but I dont see anything that would have helped. Please tell me im just missing them. Ill be really embarassed.

Already turned a few. Pullin out of the gas station, some guy in a caddy damn near broke his neck whippen out the window when he saw the car drop.
its great isnt it? the instructions are on the UAS web site, go to the home page, go to on road systems, then go click on the support icon up @ the top of the page and everything you need to know about that system is all there. sorry if it doesnt help you now, but better late than never!!!!
Old 03-31-08, 10:57 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Werd ! Now after the air ! kit it

I have about 1 inch at the lowest point of the kit to touch and could go lower .. gotta love that look !
Old 03-31-08, 11:13 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Werd ! Now after the air ! kit it

I have about 1 inch at the lowest point of the kit to touch and could go lower .. gotta love that look !
kits arent for me. Maybe a lip?

I think twojayzee is gonna help me install some lambo doors or gullwings here pretty soon. LOL

Ya that black guy in the caddy was lookin out his window like /_]

thanks toeb.. definitely turnin heads already.. last nite on I'm drivin back to my place last nite and pull up next to this blonde babe on 220th near 99 and i inch a bit in front of her and just start goin off on the switches up down left right lookin over at her cheesin smile tough!! she was lovin it!!

Last edited by T.K.O.; 03-31-08 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-31-08, 11:35 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

LOL ... I had a Greddy front lip on the car and No sides or rear for a while .. It looked good IMO

Hmm I am at work with No pictures but I'm sure you can search my name ...

Air is Fun .. I remember having mine for the first time .. I did that ALL the time .. as I have had it .. only play time is when Parking ...
Old 03-31-08, 11:40 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

LOL ... I had a Greddy front lip on the car and No sides or rear for a while .. It looked good IMO

Hmm I am at work with No pictures but I'm sure you can search my name ...

Air is Fun .. I remember having mine for the first time .. I did that ALL the time .. as I have had it .. only play time is when Parking ...
I'm gonna search around for your pics. I really wanna check it out.

This mornin on the way to work I was in 4 x 4 mode pulled up next to a caddy XLR on hwy 99 goin like 40 and i just slammed the front down and jammed off. bahahaha too fun!!

Quick Reply: air ride install is done!!!!