GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS Then to Now

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-07, 03:27 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Much props bro!!! LOL I always thought your SN was Car-BONGS!!! LOL, Now I see the CARBON gs....How do you like the pro kit 1" drop? Ridewise etc. I am looking for a conservative drop if any at all. BTW the rims are tight VERY unique especially on CL. Again, MUch PrOPS bro!!! You inspire me.
Old 07-26-07, 03:32 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is the turbo kit that I sent you?
JPI
Old 07-26-07, 03:45 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice progress.
Old 07-26-07, 03:56 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, you did an interior swap??
Old 07-26-07, 04:36 PM
Brennan401
Driver

Great Job. Thanks for showing the evolution. I really think it help to see it. Also What tranny did you run????
Old 07-26-07, 04:43 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Quite a write up ... you have come along way ... Nice to see you have it all down and saved ... (wish i did that)

Nice job with the car .. !!!
Old 07-26-07, 05:03 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joelseff
Much props bro!!! LOL I always thought your SN was Car-BONGS!!! LOL, Now I see the CARBON gs....How do you like the pro kit 1" drop? Ridewise etc. I am looking for a conservative drop if any at all. BTW the rims are tight VERY unique especially on CL. Again, MUch PrOPS bro!!! You inspire me.
Yeah I get that a lot about my screen name. But it is kinda funny, cuz i'll meet someone for the first time and be like, "you are that car-bongs guy!" great stuff. always good when people are humored by stuff like that. I love my eichbachs with kyb set up. when l-tuned first came out it was a rebadged kyb and eibach combination. so really it is a great set. you still have the softer feel with tight handling especially on cornering and fast lane changes. thanks about the wheels to. i was initially going to go with the silver but i decided to go with the machined look because there is more contrast especially when the wheels are turned or if the car is in motion. almost adds a 4rth dimension! thanks again. CL is my inspiration and it is awesome that i could even inspire you one bit. i am still learning each and everyday from everyone on here. good look with your ride!

Originally Posted by JPI
Where is the turbo kit that I sent you?
JPI
i wish you had send me a turbo kit. i hope to have my car to the level one day when i can get a chance to approach a FI company with the motor work. but for now it is all bolt ons at least until my tuition is paid off.

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
nice progress.
i appreciate that. you are becoming a great source of knowledge.

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
wow, you did an interior swap??
i sure did. it was early on in my lexus owning days and i used the information i found here with diagrams and posts to do the whole thing. it was actually a local atlanta lexus owner that had the black interior and we decided to swap since mine came with the gray. i am very pleased with it but it is about time to integrate some custom interior things, i.e. suede, two tone, and carbon fiber. i'll keep you all updated on that project.

Originally Posted by Brennan401
Great Job. Thanks for showing the evolution. I really think it help to see it. Also What tranny did you run????
haha i ran the pilot sports shift ****! the tranny is stock! haha. i get so many looks about that at shows. i must have counted 20-30 people at HIN charlotte asking about the tranny and how much. fooled another one! haha. one day though i would like to do a full aristo swap with a supra tranny 5 or 6 speed. one day.

Originally Posted by pxrlex
Quite a write up ... you have come along way ... Nice to see you have it all down and saved ... (wish i did that) Nice job with the car .. !!!
thank you for your kind words. yeah i did not save these types of things on my last project car and i regretted it so i made sure i have my handy camera in the car at all times.
Old 07-26-07, 05:07 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

great transformation! cant imagin how much time and energy went into it!
Old 07-26-07, 05:49 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Tony the car has come along great.. I like the step by step pics..
Old 07-26-07, 05:50 PM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow came a LONG way.
Looks stunning.

Quick question for you.....how did that vis body kit(sides) actually fit? did it fit good without any major modifications?
Old 07-26-07, 05:54 PM
Hectorm
Pole Position

Great job. Curoious why you all name "she". This degrade the whole thing. To me is like naming a dog male to dog female or so. ha ha
My car is "he". Maybe we can marriage them, ha ha
Old 07-26-07, 06:16 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

nah, my car already has a partner! lol my side project that nobody knows about. lets just say it has two wheels
Old 07-26-07, 06:19 PM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Is dis a Pinoy Lex!! Awwwww Snap!! (All my pinoy nurse friends change thier oil with their surgical room uniform on too. HAHAA!) Dis GS is hot bro!! Real nice work!!
Old 07-26-07, 06:20 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
great transformation! cant imagin how much time and energy went into it!
it was all at a slow pace until this show season. i kinda leaped ahead of my own game. i got a nice bonus at work and a handful of sponsors to comply with my proposal. i got really lucky this year.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Tony the car has come along great.. I like the step by step pics..
thanks, it is step by step for a reason. i am making a new display for shows.

Originally Posted by suprandsc
wow came a LONG way.
Looks stunning.

Quick question for you.....how did that vis body kit(sides) actually fit? did it fit good without any major modifications?
thanks! i appreciate your comments. the vis sides fit very well. make sure they are not the replicas from taiwan and you'll be ok. i originally bought my whole kit from a replica company and the sides they sent were 6 inches short! so i had to turn around and get new sides and we decided to get a more stylish one than the win style ones which to me are bland and square.
Old 07-26-07, 06:22 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipicanez
Is dis a Pinoy Lex!! Awwwww Snap!! Dis GS is hot bro!! Real nice work!!
thanks! it actually is not a pinoy lex. i don't know what you call a mix between a vietnamese and chinese person. a chietnamese? lol anywho. i take pride in everything i do since i do everything on my own (with the help of friends of course) except for paint.

Quick Reply: My GS Then to Now