GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Mission is Complete...compliments galore!

Old 05-17-07, 10:30 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mission is Complete...compliments galore!

Well as many of you may know i'm a young guy. 16 to be exact haha. I live with my parents still and they get to drive "my" car whenever they want. Well my moms car goes into the shop to get some damage fixed. She decides to take my car out for the day. Now see I don't have a wife to control what I do with my money, just the person who controls everything I do. Well when I get home from school today and just begin to eat my mom starts going on a rant. Now at first I think it's a bad rant and i'm about to get chewed out, but it turns for the best.

She starts going on about how good my car looks and how she LOVES the way it drives with my new suspension. She thinks that I have made the car safer and doesn't think it looks "gangster" at all anymore (she thinks gangster is tint and a lowered car haha). She finally thinks that my car isn't a pig anymore! She used to hate how slow it is, now she thinks it might be faster then her car (T6 volvo XC90). O god please don't have her keep it!!

And to even add to my excitement I get a bunch of people coming up to me while i'm at our semi-final lax game (we won 10-8 ) saying that my car looks awesome. To add again on top of that this girl at my school who has an 04 A4 pretty tricked is basically obsessed with the lex. I invited her to visit the backseat too . That intercooler in the front bumper should add some more compliments when it's in for people who know what it does . Not just the people who are in it for looks!

Haha just though i'd share my awesome day of lexus part-ownership!

-Elliott

Last edited by bighitbike; 05-17-07 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-17-07, 10:48 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats!

Just wondering, how was it "gangster" before?
Old 05-17-07, 10:48 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

My mom thinks any car low to the ground with tint is gangster
Old 05-17-07, 10:53 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

If that's the case, I guess a lot of people here are pretty gangster.
Old 05-18-07, 12:00 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we need pics!!!
Old 05-18-07, 12:11 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisES
If that's the case, I guess a lot of people here are pretty gangster.

"word"... HA... if my mommy owned my car with me and took it whenever the hell she wanted im sure id shoot myself...
Old 05-18-07, 05:56 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice compliments from your mom...

BTW.... don't forget to use a towel in the back seat...
Old 05-18-07, 06:38 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
"word"... HA... if my mommy owned my car with me and took it whenever the hell she wanted im sure id shoot myself...
I set out parameters. No parallel parking (I've seen her wheels...), End spots if you can find them, if you ding the door next to you you leave insurance info, any hills you go slow over (sometimes she thinks every vehicle is an off road one haha.

Tony-
Old 05-18-07, 07:13 AM
JMgs300
Lead Lap

I could just imagine the looks on peoples faces when they see your mom pushin the lex in the shoprite parking lot haha!

A few years back i let my mom borrow my car for the day (this was when i had an es300) and she came home and handed me the tint ticket she got while driving haha! The cop came to the window and said "im giving you a ticket for the tinted windows," so my mom says "its my sons car." The cop then said, "well then, give your son the ticket!"
Old 05-18-07, 08:47 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

LOL...this is waaay too funny. I let my mom drive my car on rare occasions. Only time is if my dad takes the LX and my sister is gone too. Then even on those occasions, I drive my mom to wherever she needs to go. There have a been a few times I've let my mom drive my car and it came back with curb rash on both passenger side rims lol. With the new rims I have now, I just go out of the way to take my mom somewhere if the other 2 cars aren't at home. I bet it's funny as hell when you see an asian mom rolling down the street in a lowered, modded, and boOsted GS! My friend called me up one time and said...wtf there's an asian mom rollin around in a modded GS. I was like "yeah I know" lol.

On a sidenote, my mom hates the way my car drives lol. I bet it has something to do with the stiff as hell suspension lol. Tein Flex @ max stiff, TRD Sways F/R, and a crapload of upper and lower braces. She tells me that the car is "too fast", the ride is stiff, and the brakes are too powerful...lol.

Just something for you guys going F/I soon, make sure you have extra cash on hand because you never know when something is gonna give. My #5 piston let go yesterday when I "overboosted" lol. Time for forged internals

Last edited by JeffTsai; 05-18-07 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-18-07, 08:57 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is hilarious!... So the other day i took my Benz (2002 S500) to get it tinted... My dad wanted to use my ES300 to go to the store so of course i left him my keys... I came back home and my dad said some of the funniest lines.. "How do you drive this thing it rides so much rougher when you bought it, and that exhaust its TOO LOUD! Why cant you just keep your car how it is when you buy it and just have it take you from "A" to "B"..." Hes like "I got down the steet and i thought my ears were gonna blow up, so i made a U-turn at the end of the block and came right back home!" HAHAH. Thios was just last week
Old 05-18-07, 09:16 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

great story! haha, my mom tried driving mine and never made it past the entrance of the neighborhood. said it was too loud, fast, low, etc...
Old 05-18-07, 10:13 AM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

My mom has never had the priviledge of driving a single one of my cars... Although my lexus is the first auto I have ever owned and she cant drive stick. I offered her to take it for a spin when I first got it and it was completely stock, and she refused because she didnt want anything to happen to it(she knows how much i love my cars). Now that the Works are on there, its just not ever gonig to happen.
Old 05-18-07, 10:55 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

Congrats On The Compliments Man.. I Always Love Hearing People Compliment The Looks Of The Car.. I Mean We Are Always Most Critical On Ourselves.. I Look At My Car And I Always Compare It To Other Cars So I Dont Think Its That Good But It Takes Seeing It Rolling Or Someone Just Saying "wow! Nice Job" Or Something Like That To Always Bring A Smile To My Face
Old 05-18-07, 11:20 AM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

I love seeing my car rolling, never get to see that perspective and it always make me think, "Holy isht! Thats my car!" hahaha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mission is Complete...compliments galore!