GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Another LED taillight question. This one is diffrent i promise!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-07, 06:21 AM
maxmethods
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Another LED taillight question. This one is diffrent i promise!!

I know everyone is probably sick of the LED tails question. I just was wondering what the difference is in the LED pattern between the tails with the bigger clear lense vs the tails with smaller stock looking clear lense.

I want the ones with the smaller turn signal but i havent seen what they look like lit up. The ones with the big turn signal have awesome LED pattern when they are lit up. And they seem to match the inner leds perfect. Does anyone have pics of both lit up?

I really want the ones with the smaller signal, but im kinda worried that the led pattern isnt as nice or that they wont match the inners as well as the tails with the big fat clear lense.

HELP PLEASE! it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Old 03-21-07, 01:05 PM
maxmethods
Driver

aw cmon, someone has the answer! lol
Old 03-21-07, 04:08 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I want to know the answer too because I want the smaller signals and the inner LEDs
Old 03-21-07, 04:51 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default LED's(small/large white area?)

Originally Posted by maxmethods
I know everyone is probably sick of the LED tails question. I just was wondering what the difference is in the LED pattern between the tails with the bigger clear lense vs the tails with smaller stock looking clear lense.

I want the ones with the smaller turn signal but i havent seen what they look like lit up. The ones with the big turn signal have awesome LED pattern when they are lit up. And they seem to match the inner leds perfect. Does anyone have pics of both lit up?

I really want the ones with the smaller signal, but im kinda worried that the led pattern isnt as nice or that they wont match the inners as well as the tails with the big fat clear lense.

HELP PLEASE! it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
From what I understand, there are no LED's with small clear lenses? Atleast I haven't seen them mounted on a memebers car yet! Could you be referring to the JP tails(small clear area)/LED's(large clear area)?
Old 03-21-07, 05:53 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the ebay led, well some, the turn signal/reverse clear part looks smaller than the carson toyota ones. i don't know the anwser, but i am willing to bet you will find it if you search. this has been talked about lots of times before.
Old 03-21-07, 06:29 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The LEDs with the smaller white clear section do in fact have a different pattern than the LEDs with the bigger clear section. The reason I got the full set is because if you mix the outer LEDs that have the smaller clear section and the inner LEDs, I don't think they are an identical match.
Old 03-23-07, 07:48 AM
maxmethods
Driver

Originally Posted by sleeper408
The LEDs with the smaller white clear section do in fact have a different pattern than the LEDs with the bigger clear section. The reason I got the full set is because if you mix the outer LEDs that have the smaller clear section and the inner LEDs, I don't think they are an identical match.
yea...thats exactly what i was scared of. Hmmm. Have you or anyone else seen pics of the tails w/ smaller clear section lit up at night time? Man, i wish the companies that sell these would post pics.
Old 03-23-07, 12:16 PM
Lubs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm amazed that the guys who made these didn't do more market research. It seems everyone wants the same thing: smaller clear bar, nice stock-like LED pattern, and matching inners. Is that so hard?
Old 03-23-07, 12:31 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

the ones with the smaller turn signal aren't as nice in my opinion... the leds look like they are all over the light... where the led pattern for the large turn signal ones look like a square bundle
Old 03-23-07, 02:38 PM
LuxOut003
Driver

MAXMETHOD, I would like the honor to help you out here! I have the taillight you wish to buy ( the smaller reverse and signal ) and last week i ran into the same problem with the same questions. Since I installed the taillights, i now can tell you the differences. The big clear lenses taillights have a better LED pattern and you probably have an idea how it looks like, but the outside look u probably agree with me that the thinner clear lense looks more stock. The patterns on the think LED looks identical to a 03 SportsDesign. I compared the taillights with my friends SD and it's identical except it's LED. I use the inner LED lights from all other and i seriously think it match well. Check back in couple hours, I'll have picture post up.
Old 03-24-07, 07:23 AM
maxmethods
Driver

Originally Posted by LuxOut003
MAXMETHOD, I would like the honor to help you out here! I have the taillight you wish to buy ( the smaller reverse and signal ) and last week i ran into the same problem with the same questions. Since I installed the taillights, i now can tell you the differences. The big clear lenses taillights have a better LED pattern and you probably have an idea how it looks like, but the outside look u probably agree with me that the thinner clear lense looks more stock. The patterns on the think LED looks identical to a 03 SportsDesign. I compared the taillights with my friends SD and it's identical except it's LED. I use the inner LED lights from all other and i seriously think it match well. Check back in couple hours, I'll have picture post up.
LUXOUT you are my savior!! And yes, I do agree that the thinner looks alot more stock and modern. Cant wait to see these pics....i have been debating this situation for the longest time!!! I dont recall the 03' SD tailights, i always thought they had the same tails as reg 2GS. I will have to check that out also. But thanks again...and I cant wait to see these pics!!!!!
Old 03-27-07, 09:35 AM
maxmethods
Driver

Pics pics pics!
Old 03-27-07, 02:39 PM
Dr. VIP
Pole Position

i'd like to see some pics as well interesting combo
Old 04-11-07, 02:56 AM
@lpher
Lead Lap

Any pics?
Old 04-11-07, 02:36 PM
LuxOut003
Driver

Quick Reply: Another LED taillight question. This one is diffrent i promise!!