GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What GS inspired you to buy or build your current GS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-06, 08:49 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BlueLex, Jtan and DaveGS4 for the soundsystem

I will edit with more details tomorrow

Whoops....Junction GS was my biggest inspiration
Old 04-18-06, 08:56 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I was watching this repo show on tv one time and I saw this white GS getting towed and it had 20" five chrome blades with a drop...I have been in love ever since.
Old 04-18-06, 08:58 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought a GS because i've wanted it ever since i knew what a car was lol luckily for me i choose such a great car to want the reason i started modifying was because i like to mod cars, i've modded my Eddie Bauer Expedition and my M3 and now the GS4 I just look around and see what mod's i like and kind of "bite" a little bit of everyone's car off CL everyone has such beautiful cars, I hope someday someone will use my car as a basic template for their own ideas
Old 04-18-06, 09:47 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluelex
I saw this thread in the sc forums and thought it was cool than it got me thinking. Shout out to the sc guys, I'm going to "borrow" your idea.

So Who inspired you to either Buy or Build your current GS? I thought it would be cool to pay homage to the guys who really inspired you. Also thought it would be cool to find out who inspired some of the old G's like the glen's, rom's, dave's, neo's to name a few.

1. Name
2. Post a pic.
3. Why?

I didn't know of clublexus when I bought my gs, I only wanted to put 20's and drop it with a small beat in the trunk. Than after looking in the gallery I found 2 cars that changed my mind.

What about you guys?

I actually had the same small minded plans as you until I took my GS to JM Lexus for service in 2002 and saw a GS430 just like this one with staggered Maya's, HKS exhaust, Rod Millen BBK, and 3.76LSD/Torque converter combo but wearing an L-Tuned aero kit, that's when my plans changed, when you take the price of a new GS430, add the mods plus dealer markup needless to say this car was there for me to admire for a long time...........................

Old 04-18-06, 09:58 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Don't know who's car this is/was, but this was my initial inspiration when I purchased my car back in '03:
Attached Thumbnails What GS inspired you to buy or build your current GS?-lexusgs400_se7ens3.jpg  
Old 04-18-06, 10:02 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I will have to say everyone here on this site has been just great with all pm questions and most of all http://www.l-tunedparts.com

I would like to say Thank you;

Da Kid
Old 04-18-06, 10:12 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

"What GS inspired you to buy or build your current GS?"

My good taste in cars
Old 04-18-06, 11:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow, thanks for mentioning my car, i am so flattered. personally i think my car is pretty plain and subtle, nothing major, not close to some other members here.

about inspring, here's a quick list of people that pops up in my mind quick:

- davegs4

- manaray

- junctiongs
Old 04-19-06, 12:21 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i can honestly say my IDOL was LXOGOOD when i first joined...

Kens Car:

do you see some resemblence??

My Car:

damn you ken, i spent soooooooo much money on my gs b/c of you
Old 04-22-06, 10:00 PM
LexFather

Easy, Bitkahuna and Jazziz
. I liked garnet92 's gs as well

Hell, I eventually got the same wheels (Weds) he had. It was more about what was INSIDE and UNDER the car, than what you actually SAW. I wanted better handling and he let me drive his car and took me for drives and I was sold on everything.
And not sure who this guy was but his look was **** to me.

Finally, PORSCHE, not on in particular but their design, influenced my mod buying decisons.

I am a big fan of the less is more philosophy and Bit and Jazziz showed me that in person at our meets.
Old 04-23-06, 02:07 AM
1wickedgs
Driver

I was goin to trade mine in for the new GS but I like the 2nd gen still so I did a few mods so I would keep my GS and still get the new 1. But now I like the New LS so now thats what Im workin on now. Sorry no pic image is too big couldnt upload, but I always love the GS sense my boy had the 1st gen.

Last edited by 1wickedgs; 04-23-06 at 02:12 AM.
Old 04-23-06, 06:21 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

well I've always liked the GS regardless of mods.. Even when i had my mustang I always wanted a GS.. After i finally finished school I was blessed with my 99 GS.. I think a lot of us really can't just pick a few GS's that inspired us.. Many of us have different taste so we get ideas from lot of people not just a few..

From what i remember first coming on this site.... Lexforlife, bluelex, RMMGS4, and JacobT

After going to my first meet at the Morakomi in Delray lexforlife ( Ed) and Teelex (terry) really inspired me to mod the GS.. I remember driving home saying "i can't wait to order some mods" especially the wheels...

Once you see these cars in person you really get the full effect of modding.. Seeing the wheels, roof spoilers, kits, etc.. really sets it off of how great everyones ideas really are..

My newest inspiration is wringo.. I had a chance to see his car in person a few weeks ago and his car looks amazing...

Thanks CL and all its members...
Old 04-24-06, 07:47 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
well I've always liked the GS regardless of mods.. Even when i had my mustang I always wanted a GS.. After i finally finished school I was blessed with my 99 GS.. I think a lot of us really can't just pick a few GS's that inspired us.. Many of us have different taste so we get ideas from lot of people not just a few..

From what i remember first coming on this site.... Lexforlife, bluelex, RMMGS4, and JacobT

After going to my first meet at the Morakomi in Delray lexforlife ( Ed) and Teelex (terry) really inspired me to mod the GS.. I remember driving home saying "i can't wait to order some mods" especially the wheels...

Once you see these cars in person you really get the full effect of modding.. Seeing the wheels, roof spoilers, kits, etc.. really sets it off of how great everyones ideas really are..

My newest inspiration is wringo.. I had a chance to see his car in person a few weeks ago and his car looks amazing...

Thanks CL and all its members...
Hey,thank's Tony! I appreciate the compliments and I look forward to helping you inspire others!
Old 04-24-06, 08:01 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

I fell in love with the factory release photos. ESPECIALLY the Spectra Blue Mica one... I couldn't find that photo though, so this one will have to do!

Old 04-24-06, 02:08 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

TLW - What can i say ? you be the judge . i bought a JP kit when i saw his

bluelex - one of the hottest GS's out there

UptownGS- i have a pic of your car on my desktop and i ALWAYS stare at it , hottest black GS ever

PS. we should rename this thread to "The Official Drool Thread"

Quick Reply: What GS inspired you to buy or build your current GS?