GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Y2kgs And The Results On Weapon R- And Ecu

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-01, 08:07 AM
CIPHER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Y2KGS,
Have you completed the testing and dyno runs on the weapon-r intake w/ecu for the gs300? How much x-tra HP can I get w/it compared to swift racing. I'm really ready to purchase the intake and ecu but I want the one that produces the most powerful results! what ecu are you running in conjunction w/the weapon-r intake. get at me please
Old 08-28-01, 10:49 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

CIPHER,

You can email him at this address slgs4@yahoo.com and he will answer all your questions for you.. Also you can check the Weapon-R site and click on Lexus Tuning for additional info.. Too rich for my blood @ $1000 but hopefully they can get a group buy going and reduce the price..

If that doesn't happen then I probably would buy the Swift Intake & ECU and hope Mo reduce the price a bit and or make some additional improvements with respect to noise..

Anyways hope that helps!
Old 08-28-01, 12:38 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

2savvy and Cipher, stay tuned, I just have the weapon R instake in my 430 last North CA meet, Y2kgs was kind enough to install it for me (5 mins work) The Weapon R intake itself is amazing, even without the chip which i am getting next Saturday.

Anywayz, the result of the Weapon R intake system is already done, you will be getting 15+ hp and 35+ torque these are wrhp.. Take note about the significant torque gains, which is more vital in hp IMO.
That is for 400, for GS300 check out the IS300 dyno.
with 430, i believe they will be pushing more out this bigger 4.3 motor. stay tuned

I think Y2kgs is banned from Clublexus, at least that's what he told me at the meet, so try e-mail him
Old 08-28-01, 12:59 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gsintensive
2savvy and Cipher, stay tuned, I just have the weapon R instake in my 430 last North CA meet, Y2kgs was kind enough to install it for me (5 mins work) The Weapon R intake itself is amazing, even without the chip which i am getting next Saturday.

Anywayz, the result of the Weapon R intake system is already done, you will be getting 15+ hp and 35+ torque these are wrhp.. Take note about the significant torque gains, which is more vital in hp IMO.
That is for 400, for GS300 check out the IS300 dyno.
with 430, i believe they will be pushing more out this bigger 4.3 motor. stay tuned

I think Y2kgs is banned from Clublexus, at least that's what he told me at the meet, so try e-mail him
Wei,

When will you be down in So Cal again? I wanna take a look at your intake and ECU...

Brent
Old 08-28-01, 01:12 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

What up Wei are you talking about this saturday 9/1/01 good i should see u there again, waiting for mine, of course i want the red one
Old 08-28-01, 01:54 PM
CIPHER
Driver

GSINTENSIVE,
What chip did you order? Why did Y2Kgs get banned from this site? Does the 15+ hp come from just the intake or the intake w/chip? how much did you pay for the intake and the chip?
Old 08-28-01, 01:55 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Wei,

Could you post some pics up or you can email them to me.. Just let me know and I will PM my email addy to you.. Did your intake come along with the V2 filter and is it a cold air unit??

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to get better educated on this before I spend my money.. Thanks!
Old 08-28-01, 02:05 PM
CIPHER
Driver

GSINTENSIVE,
What chip did you order? Why did Y2Kgs get banned from this site? Does the 15+ hp come from just the intake or the intake w/chip? how much did you pay for the intake and the chip?
Old 08-28-01, 02:05 PM
hubbard316
Pole Position

I would like to know where to order the chip also. Please let us know.
Old 08-28-01, 02:08 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by BLiu

Wei,

When will you be down in So Cal again? I wanna take a look at your intake and ECU...

Brent
I will be down next week for sure, I still got your grill = ).. so let me know, and u me, will can go have a lunch and check out the ride ^^

Ken yeah I am talking about the Same Saturday where we both would have our setup done.. see you there buddy

CIPHER, I Dunno what chip i ordered, It's Weapon-R chip sets, and Y2kgs got banned because he had some problems/disagreement of the SRT intake system. the 15 hp, 35 torque comes from the Intake/ECU, however, if you prefer more horsepower than the Torque, it is fully adjustable as well. I haven't paied my setup yet, not until I got everything done on Saturday. Since my car is the first 430 prototype, so i think the price would be better??

2SAvvy, Calvin took some pics after the meet, he will upload these pics in the Gallery CLUBmeet section soon enough.. stay tuned. 2Savvy i am not sure whether you are putting this system on the 400 or SC430 ? get back to me on that = )
Old 08-28-01, 02:20 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by gsintensive

I will be down next week for sure, I still got your grill = ).. so let me know, and u me, will can go have a lunch and check out the ride ^^

Ken yeah I am talking about the Same Saturday where we both would have our setup done.. see you there buddy

CIPHER, I Dunno what chip i ordered, It's Weapon-R chip sets, and Y2kgs got banned because he had some problems/disagreement of the SRT intake system. the 15 hp, 35 torque comes from the Intake/ECU, however, if you prefer more horsepower than the Torque, it is fully adjustable as well. I haven't paied my setup yet, not until I got everything done on Saturday. Since my car is the first 430 prototype, so i think the price would be better??

2SAvvy, Calvin took some pics after the meet, he will upload these pics in the Gallery CLUBmeet section soon enough.. stay tuned. 2Savvy i am not sure whether you are putting this system on the 400 or SC430 ? get back to me on that = )
I will definately do it on both cars Wei.. SC430 will be here in about 2 weeks.. Borla exhaust is on order from Summit for the GS and the wheels are already here for the SC.. Can ya tell I have caught the MOD bug.. HEHE.. Its all your fault ClubLexus..
Old 08-28-01, 02:33 PM
CIPHER
Driver

Damn, that's foul!
You mean to tell me that just because Y2KGS preferred the weapon-r intake over the SRT, he got banned!! Sounds like there is a little bias that played part in that decision. I think that this forum should welcome different opinions as well as competition between manufacturers so we all can decide for ourselves which product is good for us. It also forces manufacturers to step up and improve and modify their systems. Does anyone from SRT moderate this site? If not then I don't think anyone should be banned because they like something better than another. If that's the case then if a person prefers one exhaust system over another will the penalty be the same? Same with wheels!
Old 08-28-01, 03:06 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Just to be clear....SRT is not responsible for Y2KGS being banned.
Old 08-28-01, 03:09 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CIPHER... shhh.... hahahaha u never know who will be next!

ken, i got my Weapon*R Intake and it came with the V2 Filter so yours will too. they have discontinued the production of the other filter i dont know why but apparantly the V2 makes more power so.... now i'm really mad cause if i keep my V2 i want the Red one, and to change it would cost $80, pain in the ***!

i think i'm gonna stick with the S-AFC though...
Old 08-28-01, 03:29 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lexlyf
Just to be clear....SRT is not responsible for Y2KGS being banned.
That's interesting...I don't think anywhere in anyone's post does it say SRT is responsible for banning y2kgs.

All Wei said is that "Y2kgs got banned because he had some problems/disagreement of the SRT intake system" he never said that SRT banned him. So please chill out - no need to throw out a disclaimer unless you feel the need to defend something. Besides, you're here and he is not.

It's like you see in football. One player throws a punch and then the other retaliates but because the ref only saw the retaliation that player gets kicked out and the player that threw the initial punch stays in the game. Afterwards, the player that stayed in the game states "I never threw a punch, even the ref confirms it because he only threw out the other guy" Puhleeze. I saw that thread that started it all before it got deleted and I have my own version but because we all belong to the same forum we have to respect the moderator's decision. You playing innocent just sickens it all...No need to add your little disclaimer. We all know SRT had nothing to do with y2kgs being banned.

I would rather let the moderator divulge the reason of his being banned...

Respectfully,
Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 08-28-01 at 03:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Y2kgs And The Results On Weapon R- And Ecu