GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Erebuni Spoiler Came in Today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-06, 05:02 AM
vborder
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to me also it looks the same.....i will get it painted next week, so i will find out, but to me does looks the same....the angle might be off due to different angles of view in the pics
Old 01-16-06, 09:13 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I called Mario on Friday and ordered one of these- seemed easier than making a spoiler from scratch.

He called me back an hour later and told me they are out of stock but should have more in March.
See? It's more like the JP stuff than we thought!

So, we're back to making a spoiler from scratch... I want my car back before April.
Old 01-17-06, 03:17 PM
gs3la
Driver

just ordered mine from erebuni, spoke to mario. cool guy i mentioned to him that we at the club were really interested in this product and he asked me to tell everybody "hello." looks like we got a new big fan of the website. anyway great guy to do business with and yes the wait is a bit long but oh well. really excited, cant wait to get this and the tte front lip on although i'm still looking for the sideskirts. i'll just wait patiently until i'm done then i'll post pics too.
Old 01-18-06, 05:22 AM
vborder
Lead Lap

congrats on the purchase...you'll be happy...Yeah Mario is cool....straight forward guy....me too, i had to wait for a month..only because i was a week slow sending the money, or i would of had it in a week, oh well, now i have...so im just waiting to get it painted next week.....
Old 01-24-06, 05:31 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Showed this JP...the plot thickens
Old 01-24-06, 07:52 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good
Old 01-24-06, 08:15 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
TO me the two spoilers look extremely alike. The spacing from the taillight on the side, how it slopes down on the side. I think we should wait until the spoiler is fitted and painted so we can get a really good idea of the final products and how much they look alike. I think they are too similar for it not to be a copy by erebuni
Put it this way, I agree they "copied" the design from JP, but it looks different enough (at least from the pictures) that I don't think they made a casting of an actual JP spoiler to make the mold. Does anyone know if designs like these are protected by copyright? If you make an exact duplicate are you vulnerable to lawsuit for infringement? It will be interesting to hear what TLW hears back from JP on this matter.
Old 01-25-06, 03:56 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DetMich1
Put it this way, I agree they "copied" the design from JP, but it looks different enough (at least from the pictures) that I don't think they made a casting of an actual JP spoiler to make the mold. Does anyone know if designs like these are protected by copyright? If you make an exact duplicate are you vulnerable to lawsuit for infringement? It will be interesting to hear what TLW hears back from JP on this matter.

There are knock-off kits of alot of the popular kits and they are still sold so Im not sure what the legal aspect is for these knock off companies.
Old 01-25-06, 08:39 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like a pretty decent piece, but ultimately I bucked-up for the real Junction Produce spoiler.

At this point, I've come so far with the car that what's a couple hundred dollars to have the real deal.

It's good to have friends that can expedite the JP order (you know who you are).
Old 01-25-06, 10:09 AM
vborder
Lead Lap

i could agree with you in some what, but to me if its a good deal and the product holds up nicely, then its a good product, its fiberglass, now some companies can not manufacture it nicely than others, but thats how i see it, don't get me wrong, JP products might be more superior, but they use the same raw materials, its just back to who makes a better product, better reputation, and who Quailty Control is better in this catergory, but if it comes to electronics, then i would consider buying the best
Old 01-25-06, 06:07 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Looks like a pretty decent piece, but ultimately I bucked-up for the real Junction Produce spoiler.

At this point, I've come so far with the car that what's a couple hundred dollars to have the real deal.

It's good to have friends that can expedite the JP order (you know who you are).
SoCal, Have you received your spoiler yet? Would like to compare your experience wth my own re: paint and mounting. You definitely need to post up pics when the mod is complete.
Old 02-06-06, 02:37 PM
gs3la
Driver

any pics of the painted spoiler yet? can't wait to see the end product. still waiting for mine.
Old 02-06-06, 02:39 PM
vborder
Lead Lap

will post pics up 2morrow......
Old 02-06-06, 02:41 PM
gs3la
Driver

cool. so are you happy with the results? where did you get it painted?
Old 02-06-06, 10:09 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If a product is made from the same thing and has the same physical looks and quality, then it's more like GENERIC rather than KNOCK-OFF. knock offs have poor quality and is just a cheap way to get something that MIGHT look right.

Quick Reply: Erebuni Spoiler Came in Today!!!