GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

fake xm radio antenna

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-05, 07:20 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default fake xm radio antenna

Where can I get a phony xm radio antenna for my Gs400? The one that goes on the roof
Old 06-27-05, 08:39 AM
BigMoNYC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

y???
Old 06-27-05, 09:08 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Where can I get a phony xm radio antenna for my Gs400? The one that goes on the roof

are you talking about the fin looking ones on the newer audis, etc. or the magnetic ones that actually come with xm setups. those things suck for your paint, if they are not mounted just right or u get a spec of dirt under them when your putting it on, water will get in somehow, ALWAYS does, and eventually it WILL rust. thats why i had them install my xm antenna and my gps receiver for my eclipse AVN all inside the car.... like the other guy said though, why!?! xm's only $12 a month, if youve already got your lex you can probably afford that, its less than the cost of 1/4 tank of gas where i live haaha
Old 06-27-05, 09:09 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

yea why would you need a fake one?
Old 06-27-05, 09:11 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
are you talking about the fin looking ones on the newer audis, etc. or the magnetic ones that actually come with xm setups. those things suck for your paint, if they are not mounted just right or u get a spec of dirt under them when your putting it on, water will get in somehow, ALWAYS does, and eventually it WILL rust. thats why i had them install my xm antenna and my gps receiver for my eclipse AVN all inside the car.... like the other guy said though, why!?! xm's only $12 a month, if youve already got your lex you can probably afford that, its less than the cost of 1/4 tank of gas where i live haaha
Lol your right... I should just get the real deal.
Old 06-27-05, 09:22 AM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Since i don't particurlarly like XM radio, but my reception sucks for my radio now, is there any way that i could use an outside antenna, such as the one's for xm, to help reception for my stock radio?

John
Old 06-27-05, 12:18 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JohnGS4
Since i don't particurlarly like XM radio, but my reception sucks for my radio now, is there any way that i could use an outside antenna, such as the one's for xm, to help reception for my stock radio?

John
i have an internal booster/high power antenna on my honda, never really had radio reception problems in the gs400 yet... you can walk into any decent car audio shop and ask them for one. they will run you about $20. normally you can mount them anywhere inside the car on a window with double sided stick tape, and obviously the stereo installer will run the wires above your headliner or below your carpet whereever you choose to put the thing, to your stereo antenna input behind your dash. with the right placement you wont even notice its there and it wont be much visable from the outside either. it looks like one of those car alarm antennas you would find with a crime stopper alarm setup or any other kind like that... heres a pic similar to what im talking about:
Old 06-27-05, 04:10 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

That seems like it would be exactly what i'm looking for. I just live in a ****ty area, and don't get great reception. Plus, i think the Nav. might have something to do with it. Thanks for the advice, i will check with my audio guy.

John
Old 06-27-05, 06:34 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-27-05, 08:28 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, here's the deal. I checked with my audio guy and he said that wth my navigation screen, that the high power antenna deal wouldn't work. Basically what he said is that i'm screwed! Anyone got any other options?

John
Old 06-28-05, 07:55 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JohnGS4
Ok, here's the deal. I checked with my audio guy and he said that wth my navigation screen, that the high power antenna deal wouldn't work. Basically what he said is that i'm screwed! Anyone got any other options?

John

did your audio guy mention exactly what he was talking about as to why this would be an issue? this is an am/fm antenna im talking about, if you currently have am/fm radio in your car which im sure you do regardless of whether or not it is coming in clearly...you still have it and its not interfering with your navi right now is it! all this is is a larger window mounted antenna, its not a huge volt/wattage emitting thing, its just a larger version of the little antenna wire you currently have poking out of the back of your stereo which attaches to your vehicles existing antenna, about 14 inches long, the mounting base in the middle with the antenna fins on either side...this wont do a thing to your navi...hopefully your audio guy wasnt from best buy or something like that, you cant trust those guys far as you can throw them. im going to go grab the part number and name of the exact part im talking about, any legitimate car audio install place will be able to get a hold of one of these, and i can assure you they wont try to tell you it will screw with your navigation. theres a possiblity that the way you described it to him that he might have mistook what you were asking for, which would have led him to give you the response that he did..heres that part information and even a link to buy the exact part im talking about that i have installed on one of my cars and is working perfectly...the other picture i gave was a little off, this is the exact model along with a link on where you might be able to order it:

Metra AntennaWorks

Model 44UA200

Deluxe high performance windshield or glass mount Amplified Antenna.

Separate AM & FM amplifiers for greatest performance.
Separate ground wire for noise canceling & a red LED to confirm amplifier operation.
Can mount on windshield behind mirror or on fixed side or back window.
14 1/2" / 37cm overall width. 93" / 236cm cable length.

click here to buy this antenna

Last edited by upstateGS4; 06-28-05 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-28-05, 08:14 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Talk about being a poser... a fake XM antennae?!?!?
Old 06-28-05, 12:23 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER

Only 9800 yen
http://www.junction-produce.co.jp/00...nna/index.html
Old 06-28-05, 01:25 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Darius2010
yeah but WHY!?! lol
Old 06-28-05, 01:31 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

I prefer the antenna to be inside the car so it doesn't distract from the GS' sexy shape!

Quick Reply: fake xm radio antenna