GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Quick update on our Dragcar

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-05, 12:37 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool vid, thanks for hosting!!
Old 05-02-05, 08:39 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

saw you guys on TV on Saturday evening on the Discovery channel I believe.... they were doing a whole segment on race cars.... you were up against a white Solara.

i saw you sitting in your drag GS w/ a buddy doing something w/ the head unit area. @ first glance I thought you looked like Vanilla ICE..... anyways.... props!
Old 05-03-05, 09:02 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re

Well, we had a rough one this past weekend in Etown. Yes the car took a beating, but we are in a mad rush to get it fixed back up, and we will be at ATCO in 2 weeks. But I did get to meet a few fellow CL members and got to put a face with a name. Johnny and Marc, thanks again for everything, was great getting to meet you. Marc thanks for the videos also. You didn't happen to get that last run on tape did ya? Would love to see it if you did. Johnny I didn't get a chance to get by and check out your car. Was a hectic day. But it looks awesome from all of the pics on here. i also got to meet another CL member on sunday. I forgot his CL name, but he one bad *** white GS. It was the first GS that I have ever seen in person without a sunroof. Thanks to everyone that stopped by and I hope to get to see more of you at the races. Johnny thanks for the phone call also. I got your messege yesterday, But I lost your number. I ended up throwing my cell phone accross the track after I hit the wall. My phone still worked but the screen busted so I couldn't look up any numbers or see who was calling, lol. But anyway, thanks again to everyone.
Old 05-03-05, 09:07 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RACEREDI
Well, we had a rough one this past weekend in Etown. Yes the car took a beating, but we are in a mad rush to get it fixed back up, and we will be at ATCO in 2 weeks. But I did get to meet a few fellow CL members and got to put a face with a name. Johnny and Marc, thanks again for everything, was great getting to meet you. Marc thanks for the videos also. You didn't happen to get that last run on tape did ya? Would love to see it if you did. Johnny I didn't get a chance to get by and check out your car. Was a hectic day. But it looks awesome from all of the pics on here. i also got to meet another CL member on sunday. I forgot his CL name, but he one bad *** white GS. It was the first GS that I have ever seen in person without a sunroof. Thanks to everyone that stopped by and I hope to get to see more of you at the races. Johnny thanks for the phone call also. I got your messege yesterday, But I lost your number. I ended up throwing my cell phone accross the track after I hit the wall. My phone still worked but the screen busted so I couldn't look up any numbers or see who was calling, lol. But anyway, thanks again to everyone.
yeah Marc told me what happened man

real sorry man ...im telling you it was that ******* titan sticker lol

im going to do my best to make it down there

glad to hear you were not hurt

thanks again for EVERYTHING Justin ..a true class act

let me know if you need anything

johnny
Old 05-03-05, 11:26 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Will you be at Moroso again June 4th and 5th for import wars...? I want to be able to see the car in person since I missed it last time.
Old 05-04-05, 09:07 AM
RACEREDI
Driver

Default re

Blue we will definetly be at the NOPI race at Moroso. Hope to see you there. Hey Uptown, you saw us on the Discovery channel? What show was it on there. Would love to try to find a copy of the show. Thanks.
Old 05-05-05, 09:04 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

http://1320lounge.com/movies/index.php?cid=161

Found some videos of the weekend at the link above. Was a bad weekend for most of the teams, hopefully things dry up for Atco, we'll see you out there.

-Wes
Team Titan
Old 05-05-05, 01:16 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Blue we will definetly be at the NOPI race at Moroso. Hope to see you there. Hey Uptown, you saw us on the Discovery channel? What show was it on there. Would love to try to find a copy of the show. Thanks.

What about Chicago Justin
Old 05-05-05, 01:31 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

yeah saw you guys on the discovery channel... i can't remember what the show was called but it was all about racing....

I believe I saw you in the driver seat w/ a blue hat on backwards fiddling around w/ the headunit... there was another guy in the passenger seat... .the camera seemed to be pretty close up to you guys but you were too busy dialing in some stuff up the headunit to notice I guess.... immediately after that clip was the Solara clip.
Old 05-11-05, 04:53 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

WOW, I was watching the ETOWN recap today on ESPN2, I recorded it....damn is all I can say...

I'm glad you walked away from that Justin...as well as myself this past wed.....I guess etown's right lane just doesnt like blue lexus' as you said....so when ur back at etown in the fall, make sure you get lane choice and stick to the left.....however, after talking to George today, he said that he has always run faster in the right lane, so go figuire........

are you even going to stage this weekend in Atco? or not race? let me know...

-Marc
Old 05-11-05, 05:18 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

tsopranoMB-sorry to hear about your ride man. what happened?
Old 05-11-05, 06:27 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chuckb
tsopranoMB-sorry to hear about your ride man. what happened?

thanks, I really dont want to go too off-topic in here, check these threads:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...97&forum_id=90

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=280516

-Marc
Old 05-29-05, 06:16 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

big congrats to Justin on his first career NHRA Sport Compact victory!!!

http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/apcm...096&zoneid=103
Old 04-24-06, 07:39 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

wow...been a long time since I revisted this thread..

Justin went on to win the NHRA modified and NDRA/NOPI Pro RWD 2005 championships!!

he's back in 2006, and with a new paint scheme which debuted this past weekend in VA!

good luck this season Justin...see you at ETOWN!!!
Old 04-25-06, 05:26 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
wow...been a long time since I revisted this thread..

Justin went on to win the NHRA modified and NDRA/NOPI Pro RWD 2005 championships!!

he's back in 2006, and with a new paint scheme which debuted this past weekend in VA!

good luck this season Justin...see you at ETOWN!!!
Wow, that's awesome! Congrats to Justin. I've seen the car in SuperStreet mag...freek'n strong. Anyone know when this car will be on a Florida drag strip.

Quick Reply: Quick update on our Dragcar