GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

22s aint that bad after all...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-05, 03:14 AM
BLu_Gs3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like i said its just my opinion fellas . . but i gotta question though . . dont you guys lose that nice ride wen your car is drop? and with 20s? i wouldnt want to sacrifice that all. Especially with the 3rd generation coming out soon. It might be hard trying to sell the GS with aftermarket accessories on it.
Old 01-06-05, 04:06 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLu_Gs3
. . how many benz's you see dropped? how many jags you see dropped? bimmers? its rare if you do see one. .
Hehehehe....apparently you haven't been to too many car shows or see many modded cars if you had to say what you said above....

Go to any site like e46fanatics.com or permaisuri.com and I think it would totally surprise you to see how many big expensive luxury sedans are being dropped to merely inches off the ground. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean people don't do them, bro.

Old 01-06-05, 07:07 AM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

my car is slammed on hks hipermax LS+ coilovers and i love the ride, its 30 way adjustable so i have a lot of control over the ride settings.........i have to say it probably rides about 90% of what it did stock, though i have better handling and id say the looks are 110% better............everyone is entitled to their opinion but id have to say 22's on gs is a dumb look in my opinion, and i sale rims and tires and stereo equipment for a living,,,,,,,,,,on another note and this is just my opinion but i looked at a few of your pictures u loaded and have to question your opinion of rice.......
maybe its time for a mirror check!
Old 01-06-05, 07:09 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wow....dam blu..

wait, I'M riced out. i have a body kit and my car is pretty slammed...but wait i have chrome wheels and 3 tv's so i'm not rice! i'm confused..i guess i'm rice pudding..

to be serious now..how on earth can you say that haveing 20's or 22's! without a drop is cool. its an SUV man not a car at that height. if you think this is going to drop the value of the car than why on earth would lexus sell l-tuned suspention from the dealer and they'll install it if you wish to lower your? i think your confused and think we cut our springs, thats what RICED out honda and rsx people do. why do aftermarket companies sell coilovers sytems that ride better than stock with 100x better handleing? they go for about $1000.00 to start. trust me anywhere you go if you roll up with a stock GS with 20's up high and GS with bodykit ,staggard 20's, dropped rolls up next to you the crowd will flow to them even if u have 10 tv's. its about the look man. thats why its called low profile.

anyway this is my opinion and you are allowed to have yours. you voiced yours and i voiced my thoughts. its all good no matter what. "you my boy blu!!" Old School.

Last edited by bluelex; 01-06-05 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-06-05, 07:13 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

what if you have staggered setup dropped and 10tvs. Adrian.. LOL
seriuosuly tho guys i knnow it would turn into this.. i had a gs3 with 20s and no suspension last year in march.. i will tell you it sompares nothing to my new car. it looks alto DIFFERENT... people come up to me (when i drive the car , which isnt much, only 3 times in december) and is like DAMN... i think you can do alot of things to a car when i had my old gs3 i thought suspension would be DUMB but look at me know... everyoen has their opinions and most opinions change when you are on CL for a long time.
BUT i still think the 22's would look good if they didnt rub and you caould slam it.. but i dont see that happening.
Old 01-06-05, 07:57 AM
suge66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 00lexondub
what if you have staggered setup dropped and 10tvs. Adrian.. LOL
seriuosuly tho guys i knnow it would turn into this.. i had a gs3 with 20s and no suspension last year in march.. i will tell you it sompares nothing to my new car. it looks alto DIFFERENT... people come up to me (when i drive the car , which isnt much, only 3 times in december) and is like DAMN... i think you can do alot of things to a car when i had my old gs3 i thought suspension would be DUMB but look at me know... everyoen has their opinions and most opinions change when you are on CL for a long time.
BUT i still think the 22's would look good if they didnt rub and you caould slam it.. but i dont see that happening.
I have 20s on my car(00GS3) and the ride is a litte diff that stock rims, so i can only imagine what ride is on 22s. Might look good but not for me, to each his own.. I would also like to mention about the pricing and manfactures of rims. To me it doesnt matter what type of rim and who made it, if the rim fits the car and it pleases the person then so be it. Most people doent concern themselves with what rim. Just the look of the rim and what it does to the car. Like the suit issue, i dont have to buy a armani to look good, but the same tailering might apply. So to the guys that cant afford the highend rims then do what your pocket can let you do. buying the adjustable coils doesnt make any sense to me when i can get the same look out of just buying lowering springs from a reptuble manufacture.Going that route i can save that much more money to buy other things that i want. I dont want to be adjusting my ****, i just want to get in and ride and look good while riding. So to the whole cl fam, i love u guys.
Old 01-06-05, 08:21 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Like i said its just my opinion fellas . . but i gotta question though . . dont you guys lose that nice ride wen your car is drop? and with 20s? i wouldnt want to sacrifice that all. Especially with the 3rd generation coming out soon. It might be hard trying to sell the GS with aftermarket accessories on it.
I guess your opinion differs from ...um...ALL of the most reputable aftermarket tuners out there. Yea, they have no idea what they are talking about.

All the vehicle modding education in the world just can't help some folks.

And no, my ride is not very far from stock. And I'm sitting on 19's and Tanabe coilovers, which are supposed to be up there in stiffness. Still rides like it's on glass. The honeys don't complain. Not to mention the fact that they are ADJUSTABLE! Crazy, huh?
Old 01-06-05, 08:23 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Isnt there a pearl white Gs with bags and a bodykit on 22s? I seen pics from HIN let me see if I can find them.
Old 01-06-05, 08:34 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Yo in my opinion i liek them. Bottem line is preference. If its your car do what you want. If u liek the ride do it. IN my opinion if i put 22s on and the ride didnt affect my tatse and it didnt rub then fine id do it. But if it rubbed nad made my lexus ride liek a kia then no way. Bottem line is if u like it and dont care botu ride do it its all what you yourself as a person prefers.
Old 01-06-05, 09:03 AM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GammaLex
Isnt there a pearl white Gs with bags and a bodykit on 22s? I seen pics from HIN let me see if I can find them.

gamma your talking about the one with 21" giovanna drama wheels
Old 01-06-05, 11:45 AM
LexFather

Fellas, lets also educate as well as state our opinion. Give examples of why lowering is okay and what cars come with it.
No one explained coilovers yet, that is a great trade-off. Or even an Air Suspension.

For instance some cars, like th Ruf Turbo R are very low and have a new suspension where with a flick of the switch, it raises 2 inches to go over speedbumps.

Old 01-06-05, 01:49 PM
ias
Pole Position

i was actually thinking of putting 35x12.50 with a lift kit on mine....
Old 01-06-05, 01:52 PM
ias
Pole Position

say what you want but if i had a bentley 22's is the only way to go
Old 01-06-05, 02:28 PM
the hustler07
Lead Lap

Red face air suspension

-This isn't a GS, i'm ownly using Din's SC on air suspension as an example.
If you close yours eyes..this is to resemble a GS on 22's

It just doesn't look correct having the 4X4 appearance.

Then, you can also have the "rice" look . A nice drop appearance.

Last edited by the hustler07; 01-06-05 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-06-05, 03:45 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

I love starting trouble! lol Anyways, in response to all those comments, I would rather have 22s than drop my car . . and yea there are gonna be pot holes but im sure none of us drives careless in a lexus so yea i would be avoiding potholes and not run into them. And to ATSOU . . Lowering a lexus is ricey . . brings the value of the car down . . thats just me . . if i wanted to drop a car i would buy a civic, RSX, and whatever cheap coupe is out there. I look @ lexus as one of the top luxury car companies out there . . how many benz's you see dropped? how many jags you see dropped? bimmers? its rare if you do see one. Im not here tryin to offend anyone . . but its just how i feel . . im sure im not the only person here feeling this way.
I just want to ask you which looks better this
Attached Thumbnails 22s aint that bad after all...-ls-pic1.jpg  

Quick Reply: 22s aint that bad after all...