ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005-184/)
-   -   New mod ... LEDs ... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005/138363-new-mod-leds.html)

AlphaJZS 10-25-04 06:00 PM

Originally posted by PHML
Dayam.....

LXOGOOD, Panda... they look puuuurty!!!! Did you hook them up to ur interior lights? Do you have a separate switch to turn on and off at anytime? Just wondering.

Now everyone can have these since its NOT a DIY project, and pretty inexpensive...imo. :D

Pete

wow talk about bringing up history...after i posted pics i got a crap load of PM's haha.

anyways LXOGOOD has the real kit...his installer hooked it up to a rocker switch i believe.

I MADE MY OWN KIT...this is not the real deal....FAKE FAKE FAKE but still same effect haha....I tapped into the footwell lights....this is an EASY project for any hardcore DIYer. 45 bucks and a liter of pepsi and a little labor...

:thumbup:

Wald GS 10-25-04 06:07 PM

Originally posted by PandaGS430
wow talk about bringing up history...after i posted pics i got a crap load of PM's haha.

anyways LXOGOOD has the real kit...his installer hooked it up to a rocker switch i believe.

I MADE MY OWN KIT...this is not the real deal....FAKE FAKE FAKE but still same effect haha....I tapped into the footwell lights....this is an EASY project for any hardcore DIYer. 45 bucks and a liter of pepsi and a little labor...

Looks like the real thing! I say you market the Panda led's! heheh

rgarjr 10-25-04 08:18 PM

Are those leds on tubes like the neons? Can anyone post any pics of the actual LEDs..

Samchu329 10-25-04 08:35 PM

can you turn it off while driving?

sorry for my stupid question

LXOGOOD 10-25-04 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by rgarjr
Are those leds on tubes like the neons? Can anyone post any pics of the actual LEDs..
Here is the real deal...

LasVegasGS 10-25-04 10:05 PM

Hey panda you mind telling us what kinda stuff you bought to make that happen.

Also buy any chance do you have a write up on how you did it for the people that enjoying making there own stuff.

Thanks

HarrierRX300 10-25-04 10:34 PM

I posted a question in electronics about taking some undermount pictures but no response. Can anyone take some pictures how it was installed? Did you drill holes into the frame, if you don't have side skirts? I'm thinking of doing it to the RX....

rominl 10-25-04 11:36 PM

Originally posted by PandaGS430

hey panda, alright that's it. i will pay you 50 bucks for parts and i will buy you two litre of pepsi and some pizza. what time you wnana meet in my garage? :)

MY GS300 10-26-04 12:14 AM

http://bubbrubb.isgreat.tv/magicgall...03-woodubs.jpg

jtanoyo1 10-26-04 04:27 AM

Yes they are just for decoration - along with aftermarket wheels, aftermarket wood grain trim, aftermarket bodykit, aftermarket exhaust tips and so on - that we all love so much to put on our cars.

What is your point?

NT2SHBBY 10-26-04 05:12 AM

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Yes they are just for decoration - along with aftermarket wheels, aftermarket wood grain trim, aftermarket bodykit, aftermarket exhaust tips and so on - that we all love so much to put on our cars.

What is your point?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think his point was that he was making a funny .....

it's called sense of humor :egads: :egads:

I actually thought that pic was hilarious and on point....I almost burst outta my chair in laughter but woulda caught **** from my fellow co-workers for it so I laughed internally :D

jtanoyo1 10-26-04 06:37 AM

Ow, forgive me then. I didn't know which part of that post was funny at all. My bad. :)

DaveGS4 10-26-04 06:46 AM

Guys lets keep this on topic and friendly please :)

NT2SHBBY 10-26-04 06:51 AM

mods like this suck for a guy like me....

as much as I'd love to get it, I can't install this type of stuff myself so the labor to have someone do it, plus the cost of the mod makes it almost prohibitive to me.

:egads:

I do like it though, as it kinda replaces the riced out and played out liteglow and adds a touch of class that the lexus deserves

jtanoyo1 10-26-04 08:16 AM

From what I understand, it doesn't cost all that much (around the price for new 2001+ taillights) and most of the work involved is just screwing the LED panel onto your car bottom right behind the sideskirts. I think it's quite DIY-able.