GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-04, 02:10 PM
Samchu329
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi, Welcome to this wonderful site.

Now my turn. I am Chinese and 25. graduated from the University of California, San Diego with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. right now looking forward to get my master degree in next two years. joined the club back in 2002. GS is my 2nd car and I've learned a great way to spend my money from the site.
I used to be a dancer in my country. Right now I have a beautiful gf and great family. Many members from this site have been a great help to me, and they are always willing to answer my stupid questions. I am still new to the modding even though after changing stock wheels to 19", changing stock suspension, and adding HID. There are just too much to learn from but worth the time.

ok I don't wanna make u guys bored

See you around!
Old 08-09-04, 06:56 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, i'm new here so i guess it's my turn

Hi, My name is Michael. I'm 21 and my nationality is Chinese. I'm from So. California and I currently own /run two stores doing photo engravings (engrave any photos.. even your car's photo onto Dog Tags and Pendants).
My previous car was a 1991 Honda CRX. Now i'm driving a 99 GS300. It was such a big change for me.

Been snooping around the forums these past couple weeks. All of you guys seem pretty cool. I'll see you guys around in the forum.
Old 08-10-04, 05:05 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am GS4fun.....this site never ceases to amaze me in the quality of its threads (and this one is no exception). I should be running on my threadmill instead of playing around the computer but i just got home from work about 1 hour ago and need a break.

I'm 30 and a slave to corporate america which I dont really mind it since it has taken care of me quite well. I have a 2 hour commute everyday and am in the office usually from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM.

I was born in France from a French Mom and a Portuguese Father. I dont think i was an accident. I am a fluent quad-lingual with no accent whatsoever. I moved to the US with family when I was about 12 years old and began school here in the 6th grade.

I am a product of the Newark Ghetto School System....elementary as well as high school. I won a state wide mathematics competition in my senior year of high school. I was the saludictorian of my graduating class of 523 kids....i was beaten by a girl....

I earned my way through college with scholarships, hard work, and many part time jobs. My folks told me up front I had to do it on my own since they couldn't afford it. This was motivation for me to do well. I graduated summa *** laude in engineering school with a Bachelor and Masters degree in Chemical Engineering. I did a few internships with several companies during college to gain an edge over my graduating colleages and had no difficultly landing an excellent job.

Fast forward eight years to today, I am still in the same company after having been promoted 5 times. I lead a large department of professionals in one of the largest healthcare company in the world. My boss always tells me I'm making WAY TOO MUCH money at my age...but she couldn't function in her job without me. It still amazes me that the largest portion of my salary is no longer my base salary. I am usually very happy in the March timeframe!!!!

Last year I sold a two family property which I purchased about three years ago and that I renovated quite nicely (I posted pictures of a renovated kitchen a while back) for a 150k profit. I wasted about half of that profit on a 745Li toy which I now regret having purchased and will soon dump at a loss.

I've had my share of cars (i've owned about 12) and misfortunes. About three years ago, I had two nicely hooked up GS400's (a Blue One and a Red One). It was a series of bad events and aggravation that has now turned me GS-less. I am very happy with my daily driver...Toyota Matrix.

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the next generation AWD GS. Modding cars is kind of a thing of the past for me. I doesn't give me the highs that it used to. But lexus is dear to my heart and has brought me some good memories.

I am not married, no dog, no cat, no fish, no reptiles and live alone. I'm a workaholic and have a wicked sense of humor which usually ends up pissing off people (deep down though i'm a teddy bear and would help anyone out ).

As I mentioned before, I just turned 30 and the biggest interest in my life is getting into shape. This is the part of my life which has usually lagged behind the rest. Money is not everything if i'm not around to enjoy it. Diet and exercise have become top priorities for me.

I usually talk too much and this thread is no exception. Welcome to Club Lexus again!
Old 08-10-04, 07:18 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

wasup! ..

ive had my GS for over 3 years now... got it when i was 16... when i use to work as tier 2 tech support for road runner cable internet service... i paid for my car sence ive had it..paid for all parts etc... out of my own hard work.. so no parents help here... ... although they did help me... by bringing me to this world to begin with... so yea...

im kamren... 19 years old..... moved out from parents place when i was 18... and now a year later... im Self employeed....

own my own business... a piercing booth in the mall... sell piercings... thas about all ... i make my $$ belive me

lived in texas pretty much all my life... and just moved to las vegas about 6 months ago!

What i like doing? fixing up cars... me and others that are around me know that i have a real good in fixing up cars... making them look good or what not... (after i turned 17... lol b4 that i know i threw on anything that i could get my hands on)

and i might even come down to some of those cali meets

later

Last edited by CamRen; 08-10-04 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-11-04, 02:31 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

camren, mall booth does make money. I know because I own two of them doing engravings! I'm actually heading to vegas this coming weekend for a convention. It'll be trippy if I bump into your GS while i'm up there.
Old 08-11-04, 06:03 AM
kumatuning
Driver School Candidate

Hey All,

I'm Mikey, I pretty much a newbie at this site. I'm turning 25 in September and I am recent grad of VA Tech. I check out this site pretty much almost everyday now and I love the tons of information I get and discover. This is acutally my very first posting..didn't know if I should but I was so impressed and motivated by everyone that I was drawn to post.

I have a Blue GS400 currently stock. I'm planning on a bunch of mods soon but I'm getting married in November and I racking up the bills. My very first mod is however coming in today, "Chukkle, Chukkle". I just purchased the Tanabe HM exhaust and I can't wait to get it on the LEX. My fiancee bought it for me as part of my wedding present. Yay!!!

Oh yeah, speaking of which thats another reason I got the Lex mods on hold up, I'm fixing up my fiancees AUDI A4 Quattro 1.8t. I just got her Borla exhaust on yesterday.

I love cars and modding them. I been working on cars and sound systems since high school and I don't think I'm ever gonna get sick of it. Just too much fun. I love doing everything myself on my cars, but sometimes i just don't have the tools.

Anyways, i look forward to being more interactive on this site and hope to learn a whole lot more about my ride and I hope to meet up with you guys sometime and make some new friends with PIMP *** RIDES.
Old 08-11-04, 07:45 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

I want to send a big welcome to the new CL members, , and a to everyone running their own business / self employed.
Old 08-11-04, 03:08 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by kumatuning
Hey All,

I'm Mikey, I pretty much a newbie at this site. I'm turning 25 in September and I am recent grad of VA Tech. I check out this site pretty much almost everyday now and I love the tons of information I get and discover. This is acutally my very first posting..didn't know if I should but I was so impressed and motivated by everyone that I was drawn to post.

I have a Blue GS400 currently stock. I'm planning on a bunch of mods soon but I'm getting married in November and I racking up the bills. My very first mod is however coming in today, "Chukkle, Chukkle". I just purchased the Tanabe HM exhaust and I can't wait to get it on the LEX. My fiancee bought it for me as part of my wedding present. Yay!!!

Oh yeah, speaking of which thats another reason I got the Lex mods on hold up, I'm fixing up my fiancees AUDI A4 Quattro 1.8t. I just got her Borla exhaust on yesterday.

I love cars and modding them. I been working on cars and sound systems since high school and I don't think I'm ever gonna get sick of it. Just too much fun. I love doing everything myself on my cars, but sometimes i just don't have the tools.

Anyways, i look forward to being more interactive on this site and hope to learn a whole lot more about my ride and I hope to meet up with you guys sometime and make some new friends with PIMP *** RIDES.
The family that mods together ....stays together

welcome to Club Lexus

johnny
Old 08-11-04, 04:02 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mikal
camren, mall booth does make money. I know because I own two of them doing engravings! I'm actually heading to vegas this coming weekend for a convention. It'll be trippy if I bump into your GS while i'm up there.
cool..... yea .. my gs will be there at the convention...

you just mite see it
Old 08-11-04, 10:36 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

how about I trade you.
Old 08-11-04, 10:56 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
BTW, RRocket, I doubt this thread gets many replies, most CLers are pretty behind the scenes and rarely post pics of themselves are any personal info. So don't take it personal
I am shocked by the amount of repsonses. I guess some things are changing.
Old 08-12-04, 12:20 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I am shocked by the amount of repsonses. I guess some things are changing.

for-real.... when i first saw this thread ... i said to my self

"oh great.... another thread where i have to spill all my info AGAIN... "

i wasnt gonna post in this thread..... because i thought the same way....every one here is doing things all secretly showing teasers every other day ... and hardly have time to re-intro them selves...

but i guess this thread got enough replies to finally draw me in ... and post stuff about my self as well

Good thread... this way ... if you meet some of the CL members in person... youll atleast know general things about them...
Old 08-17-04, 08:39 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Hi, I'm Chinese and I came to this great Country when I was 2 years old. We smuggled here illegally and about 40% of the people who departed with us didn't make it because they drowned to death. My dad was a soldier during the Vietnam war.....after we lost the war (after communism took over) my parents decided to risk all our lives and leave the country to give me a better future. Our destination was supposed to be Vancouver, Canada (where some of our relatives lived)....but somehow, the USA found out that my dad fought in the war side by side with the American soldiers and welcomed us to the United States.

The government hooked us up and we lived on welfare & on food stamps here in Brooklyn for a while. My dad got a job at Prospect Park (hasn't taken a sick day in over 19 years!!!).

So basically, I'm grateful that I'm living and breathing.....I love the freedom and liberty we have here in America.

I'm truely thankful (and amazed at the same time) of how my dad supported my mother and I.....put a roof over our head.....purchased a house back in the early 90s (which I still live in) with his $2x,xxx annual salary (don't ask me how he did it...it took lots and lots of savings). As the only child, everyone teased me being spoiled....I reminded them that you can't be spoiled when your family doesn't have $$$$.

I'm grateful to have free education (although highschool in Bklyn was pretty rough)......to receive financial aid for college and to graduate with a 3.5GPA and got a job.

And I will do WHATEVER it takes to support my parents when they get older. I will NEVER EVER forget where my roots are. My parents raised and nurtured me. I will make damn sure that they have ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that they need as they get older.

At 26, I'm a pretty happy guy. Not making the big bucks, not driving a fancy new car.....but my life is pretty stress free. I have a great relationship with my parents and I have a great fiance.

I'm just grateful to be where I am today in life. When I see others that are MUCH MUCH better off than me, I don't get jealous. I'm just grateful for what I have.

Cadd
Old 08-17-04, 10:52 PM
LEXO
Driver

Sup guys, I'm not gunna write a novel or anything but I'm 25 and currently working on my masters at Oklahoma State University where I run one of my fathers restaurants. Orginally from the Bay area, family is now relocated to Washington state. My first love is my '93 Rx7, tons of mods and a nice XS-TO4s on the way with all the trimmings. Bought my GS400 about a year ago and just fell in love with everything about it.
Old 08-18-04, 07:53 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

alright y'all...let's do this.

My name is Eric and I'm 33 years old. I was born in Latrobe,PA .....home of Arnold Palmer and Rolling Rock Beer...heh heh. I am also an interesting mix of flavors: West African (Ghana), Scottish, Irish (all from Dad) and German-Irish from my mother. My father was a submarine sailor for eight years during the height of the Cold War, approx 1970-1978. As a result we have lived in San Diego CA, Groton CT, and now back to the Pittsburgh area where we all live now.

I was mostly raised here in PA from 2nd grade on, have played baseball, football and wrestled for a few years growing up. At 15 I played in the Pony League World series against kids from all over the world, which was incredible

I got my BS in HRIM (Hospitality Management) from Penn State - 1993 grad. After living in Lancaster PA briefly I came back to the Pittsburgh area to work with my father and his then partner in his data network integration business. I am currently selling network equipment (Cisco) and services for our company to this day. Looking to possibly start an e-bay business or something similar for a little extra mod $$$. Then possibly sell my townhome for something with more room for toys!!

For fun I enjoy weight training and cardio, riding my Harley soft tail Custom with the boys, and having an occasional "cocktail"

Been with the same gorgeous girl for 4 years now, and we may marry in a couple years. I would love to have a son someday

I can truly say that starting out poor (both of my parents came from nothing) has really taught me to appreciate things in life....not to mention all of the great people life has to offer. I guess that's why I love CL so much is because of the down-to-earth nature of everyone here.

Quick Reply: Get to know your fellow GSers!! Introduce yourself!