ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005-184/)
-   -   GS400 + iForged Technik = PIC's (lots of 'em) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005/117965-gs400-iforged-technik-pics-lots-of-em.html)

vboy418 04-24-04 09:28 PM

amazing! such an eye catcher! :thumbup:

gewe21 04-24-04 09:39 PM

owww yeaaahhhh !!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

GammaLex 04-24-04 10:15 PM

Im sure you heard this 100 times already but those rims are tight and those rear lips are nice and deep. Is the car still gonna be that slammed when you take the Dronnels out the back;) ? is it rubbing at all?

lexusk8 04-24-04 10:40 PM

Wow Derrick you weren't wrong about the exclusivity of iForged, and I think it's branded itself on the GS for sure :) Love the pics, glad to hear everything fit OK (EDFC is mandatory hehe), and I can't wait to see them in person at our meet tomorrow! :D

4double0 04-24-04 10:55 PM

Sweet, very very Sweet

nextlevelcoupe 04-25-04 12:12 AM

the game is officially OVER!!!!;)

Gs Dreams 04-25-04 12:39 AM

rims

dam D you killing them out there save some p.i.m.p.'in for me how can i do my thang when u just up there having your lexus look so dam right
lol D keep up the good work

juan01 04-25-04 01:18 AM

:cool: :eek2: :thumbup:

Richie 04-25-04 03:34 AM

WOW, Derrick, that looks even better then I imagined.
Very good choice, looks off da hook!!!:eek2:

alister 04-25-04 08:37 AM

Kick ass... I hope they use your photos for their own gallery.

ken

ps- I see the old babies in the back seat. :)

CaMsGS3 04-25-04 09:09 AM

DAM your GS looks HOT!!!!

Can you please tell me what red film you used and how you did it - from these pics you really cant tell there is film on there.....looks great

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...REAR_FLOOR.jpg

jucee187 04-25-04 09:49 AM

wow...your car looks amazing.. excellent wheel choice...

lexforlife 04-25-04 10:40 AM

damm D all i can say is:eek2:

when i see that rear shot with the veilside exe spoiler and your color and then the wheels , my god what a pkge , it would truly be a honor to have a meet with you and your crew up there , i can just imagine all of the ttelips,ltuned sides and lsportline rears lines up together for a photo shoot and to think every color jst about has been rep

D great work really great work bro

LS4fun 04-25-04 11:23 AM

Congrats! Simply fabulous! :thumbup:

johnee78 04-25-04 12:24 PM

Originally posted by CaMsGS3
DAM your GS looks HOT!!!!

Can you please tell me what red film you used and how you did it - from these pics you really cant tell there is film on there.....looks great

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...REAR_FLOOR.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, D had his tails painted a candy apple red to give it the all red look.You can go to your local paint shop and have them paint your tail lights and get the same effect.Candy paint is transparent and when applied to a surface you will still be able to see the surface but with the tint of paint that you use, red for instance..Hope this helps...

shftup 04-25-04 12:38 PM

VERY NICE :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

TLW 04-25-04 03:48 PM

just saw these in person

just amazing

:thumbup: :thumbup:

LexFather 04-25-04 06:11 PM

Oh YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

fireballs gs400 04-25-04 06:13 PM

on fire

you killin' us man, seriously!!!!!! nothing but fire!

The_Hitman 04-25-04 08:17 PM

Whoa!!! Those look absolutely incredible!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Your whole car is awesome!

Thomas C 04-25-04 09:28 PM

When I saw rims in motion, it was like looking in a flashing mirror. Definitely one of the hottest rims I've ever seen.

Here is a pic from the North East meet today of Dgot20's rims when we were heading back. The pic doesn't do his rims justice though.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...1eda0000001610

Celsior Master 04-25-04 09:59 PM

:eek3: goodness...

alsilverbullet 04-26-04 06:30 AM

Very very nice!

D2-AUTOSPORT 04-26-04 11:19 AM

Hey guys thanks for everything, I have not been able to get on the board for a couple days, so sorry for the slow response.

My car is loaded with the CA-05's in these pics, but I think I'm going to adjust my coils to this height, I love the "sled" look LOL. I also have some neg cam in the rear, I was scared with the square sidewall design of the Nitto, of rubbing so I had my alignment guy dial in some negative camber. I will live with it for a few days, and then have everything re-adjusted.

I'm really happy with these wheels, I took a gamble and won (I guess)! LOL :D

Lexkost 04-26-04 11:22 AM

I love the New Look ...............:thumbup: :thumbup:

KVA 04-26-04 11:39 AM

Looks great! :thumbup:

ted920 04-26-04 01:22 PM

I'm Sorry Everyone but that Wheel and Car Don'T Look Good At All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don;t kill a Brotha for Speaking his mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that Wheel and Car Look......................................................

GOSH DAMN PHENOMENALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Saw it at the Rain Marred NE Meet and Props Go Out to Derrick.

Big UPs.

Ted

BmoreGS4 04-26-04 07:09 PM

Damn DGOT20's again?!?!?!?:eek2:

ViKTORiOUS 05-01-04 06:49 PM

Call me McDonald's cuz I'm lovin' it ! ! ! !

Best GS I've seen in person, keep it up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

C to the O 05-01-04 07:15 PM

Real nice whip D!!!!!!!!!

ebruce2 05-02-04 12:56 AM

killin 'em D, jus killin 'em. Damn, man... I go away for a week and you come at me like THIS!!! Woooooo, them thangs are jus plain hot!! A fine choice!!:thumbup:

MrJohnTan 05-04-04 09:50 AM

ahhh... here it is.... I saw the new wheels in the sig and I came here to look for more pics.

looking good D. Im kinda surprised you went w/ the high polished look over the chrome. (finally coming to your senses eh? j/k) You have definately come a long way from the 1st gen GS days. Im loving this car and Im looking forward to whatever mods you have coming in the future.

I give it a big :bigok:

cxp2001 05-04-04 11:08 AM

I love this car. I have the same color. I had second thought's about getting rid of my Black GS for the Gold one. If this is a product of what can be, I love it. Great job D.....I'm jealous dude..

D2-AUTOSPORT 05-04-04 11:22 AM

Originally posted by MrJohnTan
ahhh... here it is.... I saw the new wheels in the sig and I came here to look for more pics.

looking good D. Im kinda surprised you went w/ the high polished look over the chrome. (finally coming to your senses eh? J/k)

Hehe, I knew you would say something like that!! LOL

I wanted to try the polish out, I like it but it is not the wash/wipe affair that chrome is. I did not want to endure extra waiting for chrome (that's what really backs up a wheel order-the 3step finishes) I also did not want clearcoat because it takes away from the luster(not too much) and takes away the control, the bad thing about non cleared is I have to stay on top of it to keep it looking like brand new. This can be a pain with 10spokes and the windows, plus the lips and between the bolts!! LOL

Overall I really like the wheels though, thanks Mr Tan. :D

johnee78 05-04-04 11:29 AM

Overall I really like the wheels though,
And you should because the wheels look tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ice350 05-04-04 03:24 PM

iForged Technik

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Hehe, I knew you would say something like that!! LOL

I wanted to try the polish out, I like it but it is not the wash/wipe affair that chrome is. I did not want to endure extra waiting for chrome (that's what really backs up a wheel order-the 3step finishes) I also did not want clearcoat because it takes away from the luster(not too much) and takes away the control, the bad thing about non cleared is I have to stay on top of it to keep it looking like brand new. This can be a pain with 10spokes and the windows, plus the lips and between the bolts!! LOL

Overall I really like the wheels though, thanks Mr Tan. :D

I was wondering why you jumped ship. Was also wondering if you knew the amount of work needed to keep these bad boys shiny. I've seen others who left the chrome world come back real soon when reality sets in. Chrome is easy, everything else is work. That's okay though. Your wheels are worth the extra work. Just add an hour to your car wash sessions.

D2-AUTOSPORT 05-04-04 04:25 PM

Re: iForged Technik

Originally posted by reggiek
I was wondering why you jumped ship. Was also wondering if you knew the amount of work needed to keep these bad boys shiny. I've seen others who left the chrome world come back real soon when reality sets in. Chrome is easy, everything else is work. That's okay though. Your wheels are worth the extra work. Just add an hour to your car wash sessions.
yeah I knew going in that it would not be a 2minute affair like chrome. I found a 3step Polishing system from a company called Wenol and its really great, it coats the wheel with a protective layer and adds luster. I treated the wheels on Friday and I cleaned them for the first time today (car was covered but rain got on the lips) and it was much easier. I wont have to add an hour to my carwash regimen, maybe 10-15minutes though, if I had johnee's wheel design, it would be the same time as my Dronells. LOL

Ice350 05-04-04 06:54 PM

Re: Re: iForged Technik

Originally posted by DGOT20s
yeah I knew going in that it would not be a 2minute affair like chrome. I found a 3step Polishing system from a company called Wenol and its really great, it coats the wheel with a protective layer and adds luster. I treated the wheels on Friday and I cleaned them for the first time today (car was covered but rain got on the lips) and it was much easier. I wont have to add an hour to my carwash regimen, maybe 10-15minutes though, if I had johnee's wheel design, it would be the same time as my Dronells. LOL
Cool tip, I'll tell my non-chrome buddies about this stuff. Never heard of Wenol but sounds promising.

mcgong 05-04-04 11:15 PM

What can I say....Awsome choice D. Makes me want to sell mine and get some new shoes right now.

Manaray 05-06-04 02:33 AM

Congrats on your wheels...looks great! I'm glad everything worked out....still think you should have gone with brushed centers.... ;)