GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The CURSE reaches the shores of Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-03, 11:17 PM
Orkin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The CURSE reaches the shores of Hawaii

Wassup fellow CL members,

Well it happened today. My friends and I were headed down to a local auto shop to install my HKS LS+ suspension. We crossed a gold course and BAM. I was like WTF then all of a sudden while driving I see my windshied starting to spider web. Some masterfull golfer at the driving range hit the ball far enough that it cleared the fence and nailed my car. I swear this curse thing is weird. It was only my friend and me on the road and it hit me. Well I filled a police report with the Federal Government police because it was a Federal golf course. The cop told me that most likely I'm out of luck and that I would have to pay everything out of my own pocket. It seems that the golf course isn't liable for the damages. What made me more mad was that the golf course decided the day before to move the driving range about 70 yard closer and the last marker only says 225 yards. It wasn't only me that got hit though. Ten minutes later a guy in a pathfinder going the other direction get a golf ball on his hood leaving a good size dent. Oh well I will see what my insurance company says tomorrow. Things could have been worst though. At least I got to put on my suspension and rims. When will this CURSE ever end.

Aloha and be safe
Old 12-15-03, 06:01 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

If your windshield is the only part of the car that got hit then your insurance shoudl cover that and there is no liability with glas well at least not here in Ma.?
Old 12-15-03, 09:09 AM
HoracioGS4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about the windshield, at least it didn't cause u to swerve and wreck your car!
Old 12-15-03, 09:11 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ya same here with the windsheild coverage...it should b replaced quickly by the insurance...soory about what happen tho...
Old 12-15-03, 10:07 AM
LVgs400
Pole Position

Should be replaced easily with your insurance company.. Sometimes insurance companies will have special glass replacement endorcement seperate from the rest of the policy, but generally they will cover it anyways... Sorry to hear about that!
Old 12-15-03, 11:04 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Where did you get the HKS LS+ coilovers? And could you post how you like them?! Thanks,

Scott
Old 12-15-03, 11:15 AM
Orkin
Rookie

Thanks again guys for all the advise.

As for my suspension I got it through a local shop. I don't know who there distributor is but when I put my order in I got it in a week. As of right now I can't give any comments since I haven't put that much miles on it.

Peace
Old 12-15-03, 11:17 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

seriously considering moving to hawaii......damn should i reconsider? will the curse follow me there too?......ahhhhh....NO!!!!!
Old 12-15-03, 11:42 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Orkin -

Sorry to hear that bro. What golf course was this? Navy/Marine?

Yah...insurance should take care of it....but you will still be out-of-luck a bit......its called your deductible.

Hope it turns out well for you.

Pete
Old 12-15-03, 02:48 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe
seriously considering moving to hawaii......damn should i reconsider? will the curse follow me there too?......ahhhhh....NO!!!!!
Damn bro yyou just cant escape!! Just do a bulletproof windsheild and you'll be "good 2 go!!"
Old 12-15-03, 03:35 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Yah...insurance should take care of it....but you will still be out-of-luck a bit......its called your deductible.
With glass there should not be a deductible. Well at least here in MA there isnt.
Old 12-15-03, 04:40 PM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

You have to get the bullet proof package that is offered on The 2-class benz, then you will have no worries at all ......All kidding aside I know how it feels I remeber 4 years ago that happening to my S-Class then 3 months later happen to a Formula 350 I had. Both were from a rig carrying rocks and what not....
Old 12-15-03, 07:25 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Dang it happened on my old Honda Accord back in the 80s except the golf course was far away. Get this. They didn't even bother to put a safety net because they "never had anyone able to hit that far in the 10+ years since they were operational".

Well guess what. My dad who was driving at the time had to go to hospitals to get a lot of broken glass pieces removed from his body. You were lucky to have those newer safety windshield glass that just become spider-webbed or break into squarish pieces.

My dad's windshield broke exactly like how your mirror would break at home - into thousands of sharp-edged jagged pieces and many of them cut him....

....sigh, hope this curse goes away soon....
Old 12-15-03, 09:17 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

I guess if the golf course doesn't cover it, the next step is the insurance. Comprehensive should cover the costs, of course, as mentioned, there is the deductible (hopefully yours is low).This shouldn't affect your rates (that's what we have insurance for). If you need a glass shop referral, PM me and I'll get you a number.
Old 12-15-03, 10:13 PM
Orkin
Rookie

Update. Well its the day after and I got my windshield replaced it was less than my deductible so I was out of luck. I got it replace at ACE auto glass for $400.00. Im just glad no one got hurt. Thanks again for all the advise. I will be in contact with Navy legal to see if I can get reimbursed.

Peace

Quick Reply: The CURSE reaches the shores of Hawaii